Learning to be Elite.

specialdiet

My DW and I finally became Elite. But to quote Groucho Marx

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member".

I've also seen the quote as "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" but you get the point.

I've learned so much from all of your responses, yet still don't feel entirely ready for the momentous undertaking of cruising as an Elite. Luckily our next voyage isn't until May! :D

Got a great laugh for the day from this thread! Since, we too, will join your lofty rank of ELITE (of course, capitalized!) in June, I will follow your evaluation of ELITE status carefully, so we know how to conduct ourselves in June.

Got a great laugh for the day from this thread! Since, we too, will join your lofty rank of ELITE (of course, capitalized!) in June, I will follow your evaluation of ELITE status carefully, so we know how to conduct ourselves in June.
No no ,you don't get it !

It is important to appear "to the manner born". It must appear that you were anointed upon birth for this ultimate status level.

(Ultimate until there is a new ultimate status level, but thats a different thread .:eek:)

Now practice, in private, your Eliteness. Don't let anyone see you.

The unfortunate part is we are being conditioned slowly by X to follow the benefits as they get additional 'enhancements' over time, and as more join the ranks, the ACTUAL true and most sought after status will soon be X Virgin Class for first time cruisers, who will be the minority. :-)

I've learned so much from all of your responses, yet still don't feel entirely ready for the momentous undertaking of cruising as an Elite. Luckily our next voyage isn't until May! :D

I fear telling you what I'm about to tell you since there may be someone reading this thread who is not Elite. Here's a secret: When you first cruise as Elite an Elite guru guide will be assigned to assist you. They will reveal the deepest, best guarded secrets. They will tell you the proper protocol for addressing those above you and those below. You may start a conversation with anyone below you, but must wait for anyone above you to start the conversation. The only exception to this rule is if you are in the very top tier. If you are you may talk to G-D and G-d may answer. My message is "don't worry about becoming Elite, it will all be revealed to you in time. Please destroy this message after reading.

It is important to appear "to the manner born". It must appear that you were anointed upon birth for this ultimate status level.

(Ultimate until there is a new ultimate status level, but thats a different thread .:eek:)

Now practice, in private, your Eliteness. Don't let anyone see you.

I have so much to learn...

I have so much to learn...

We just came back from a 12 nighter from Venice on the Silhouette. Despite knowing full well we both had a sizable laundry perk we both brought enough clothes (undies) for 12 nights. At day 9 we did laundry so we could lug home all the clothes we brought just as clean as the day we left.

We just came back from a 12 nighter from Venice on the Silhouette. Despite knowing full well we both had a sizable laundry perk we both brought enough clothes (undies) for 12 nights. At day 9 we did laundry so we could lug home all the clothes we brought just as clean as the day we left.

A serious post? Surley you jest! This is just not allowed in the Elite 101 traing thread! Please go to the back of the check in line right now!

A serious post? Surley you jest! This is just not allowed in the Elite 101 traing thread! Please go to the back of the check in line right now!

I always bring all my most scuffed shoes to get them polished. adds 2 extra heavy overweight bags, but the free polish is worth it.

I fear telling you what I'm about to tell you since there may be someone reading this thread who is not Elite. Here's a secret: When you first cruise as Elite an Elite guru guide will be assigned to assist you. They will reveal the deepest, best guarded secrets. They will tell you the proper protocol for addressing those above you and those below. You may start a conversation with anyone below you, but must wait for anyone above you to start the conversation. The only exception to this rule is if you are in the very top tier. If you are you may talk to G-D and G-d may answer. My message is "don't worry about becoming Elite, it will all be revealed to you in time. Please destroy this message after reading.

What? Is this a recent Elite perk?

Or is it only for those staying in the penthouse suites?

We were never assigned an Elite guru guide.

When we became Elite, they just sent us the Elite manual in the mail, a big, heavy book to pack and haul around.

By the time our friends became Elite, they were no longer mailing out the Elite manual but expected new Elites to read it online, or download it and print it out themselves.

How lucky are you to get your own personal Elite guru guide.

I wonder if the OP will be getting the Elite guru guide or just the manual.

Being Elite is a lot of responsibility, but remember the famous words of Yogi Berra

“To those whom much is given, much is expected.”

Oh wait, that wasn't Yogi Berra who said it.

Never mind.

It is important to appear "to the manner born". It must appear that you were anointed upon birth for this ultimate status level.QUOTE]

You must surely be an ELITE imposter, else you would know that it is "to the manor born." No one is born with manners, even those born to ELITE members.

It is important to appear "to the manner born". It must appear that you were anointed upon birth for this ultimate status level.QUOTE]

You must surely be an ELITE imposter, else you would know that it is "to the manor born." No one is born with manners, even those born to ELITE members.

:o:o:o Rats! Outed.

I really got to start reading my own posts. (BTW it's impostor ;))

Archived