Chocolates on Pillow

AKman2495

We've always gotten chocolates, but I could understand Princess starting to do it for a level of category and above in the future.

Maybe they will create a higher loyalty tier between platinum and elite and add chocolate as a perk taking them away from anyone who is platinum and lower.

Just curious, where are you finding this information?

Odd but true..just go to the NEW deck plans. scan over any cabin and it describes the room. For example, an inside room says:

Approximately 162 to 182 sq. ft., this well appointed interior stateroom provides fine amenities.

When you click on details, and then the view amenities link you get for that room:

Twin beds that convert to a queen size bed*

Private bathroom with shower

Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion

100% Egyptian cotton linens

Satellite TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk

110V, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings

Daily housekeeping service

Evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow

Now, I clicked on an OV room and here is what it gives for the amenities:

Picture window^

Twin beds convertible to a queen-size bed*

Private bathroom with shower

Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion

100% Egyptian cotton linens

110V, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings

Satellite TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk

Daily housekeeping service

Nightly turn-down service

See? no chocolates...

Now, That was for the Caribbean Princess. As I said, the Crown does not list the chocolates in anything but balcony or above. In my room there I get no chocolates; but, oddly enough, that room on the Caribbean does get chocolates.

Perhaps Princess does this just to give us something to discuss on this board....

Hi Lew - this made Val and I chuckle. We had a vision of you and Nan eating Princess chocolates when the cupboards were empty. Times must be tough!:D

Regards, Roger & Val

Hi Roger & Val…

So good to hear from you! I was thinking of you yesterday while reading a post here on CC by a resident of Manchester.

Well, our cupboards would have to be pretty empty of good desserts before we would turn to Princess chocolates. Happy you had a chuckle.

Warm regards…

Lew

To the OP....I think you are reading too much into the description you posted. I really don't think interior cabins would get chocolates and OV's would not. It is more likely an error in wording in the descriptions. You can have my chocolates if you want!

I'n not reading anything into them. I'm just telling you what's there. That tells me either Princess is adopting a weird new policy, or the people who did the work on the room description were very inconsistent. If that's what it is, it's just sloppy....

I'n not reading anything into them. I'm just telling you what's there. That tells me either Princess is adopting a weird new policy, or the people who did the work on the room description were very inconsistent. If that's what it is, it's just sloppy....

I called it in post #24. ;)

What is the 'enhanced' turn-down service in Suites?

On our last Princess cruise we had a full suite and there was a towel animal on our bed (plus the chocolates that we have always had on our Princess cruises, regardless of stateroom category) when we returned to our stateroom after the show.

IMHO...no! :mad:

We put them in a ziploc bag and bring them home. When we're desperate and don't have anything else in the house, we might have one.

Lew

Funny! We took a bag home to the kids last year, and they ate HAL's first (loved them), then a few of the Princess ones, and put the rest in the trash. And these are kids who think McDonalds is fine dining!

Just don't forget to take them off the pillow before retiring. My husband didn't one night and I'd hate to describe what it looked like by morning.

The comedians always joke about that, and I thought, "yeah, right", but guess who did just that a couple of years ago. I had no idea one chocolate could make such a huge mess.

That is too funny! We put them in a ziploc and save them for the plane ride home.

We have always had them on our pillow, one on each pillow every night, something we look forward to each evening, even though we don't eat them right then.:)

We also put them in a ziplock, and eat them slowly at home. When they run out it is time for another cruise!!!;):D

Also, brings back memories of each cruise every time we get one out to eat.;)

Yes, I think you are reading something into the descriptions and yes, I believe they are sloppy. These cabin descriptions are new and it's obvious they aren't proof-read very well.

It's an omission, a mistake, an oversight, not a new policy. Come on, you're an experienced cruiser and have made many wise and thoughtful posts on this forum. You know better than this.

However, in only one day your post has created three pages of comments!

Archived