Chocolates on Pillow

AKman2495

OK, this is just weird but I was amazed to discover that chocolates on pillows seem to depend on what room you have and what ship you are on!

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of months. In checking over my room on that ship it says it comes with "fine amenities". If you click on the description of amenities for that room it says nightly turndown service with chocolates on pillow. I am on the Plaza deck, which has a lot of OV rooms. Apparently, none of those rooms gets chocolates on their pillows!

I am also sailing on the Crown soon. I checked there and apparently, only Balconies and above get chocolates there.

Now, the chocolates are not a deal breaker, but it seems odd in how they choose to dispense them.....

Go figure....:confused:

We had chocolats on the Coral last year in a room that now says will not have chocolates.

As for whether they are good...that is debatable. We had a selection of about 4 different kind that they rotated around. I think the best were the red hearts.

Here is what it currently states in the FAQ on the Princess website:

"The little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit (by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Waffle weave cloth bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience."

All cabins should get chocolates. That is what Princess states. If you don't get them, just ask the room steward. I have never not had chocolates. Most times they are not on the pillow, but on the night stand.

Hi All

May be lack of chocolates is down to who gets back to the cabin first,;)

yours Shogun

Yes, I always seem to get chocolates on the pillow, however my wife never seems to get any. I keep telling her that it must be a mistake.....

Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have always gotten chocolates on our pillows and we've been in only insides and OVs. Our last three cruises (including last December) have been during the holidays and on Christmas, we've gotten a little stocking with hard candies instead. Rather have the chocolates. BTW, usually we'll get an assortment from the Princess dark chocolate squares to the milk chocolate hearts.

IMHO...no! :mad:

When we're desperate and don't have anything else in the house, we might have one.

Lew

Hi Lew - this made Val and I chuckle. We had a vision of you and Nan eating Princess chocolates when the cupboards were empty. Times must be tough!:D

Regards, Roger & Val

:eek:

We have always gotten chocolates on our pillows every night

We have always too. We were on Caribbean Princess last fall in a Plaza deck oceanview cabin and had chocolates. My DH isn't a big chocolate fan, so I get two! RCCL doesn't give chocolates on the pillow any more, found that out in 2010 cruise. It's just a nice touch that Princess is still doing!

OK, this is just weird but I was amazed to discover that chocolates on pillows seem to depend on what room you have and what ship you are on!

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of months. In checking over my room on that ship it says it comes with "fine amenities". If you click on the description of amenities for that room it says nightly turndown service with chocolates on pillow. I am on the Plaza deck, which has a lot of OV rooms. Apparently, none of those rooms gets chocolates on their pillows!

I am also sailing on the Crown soon. I checked there and apparently, only Balconies and above get chocolates there.

Now, the chocolates are not a deal breaker, but it seems odd in how they choose to dispense them.....

Go figure....:confused:

This situation is just consistant with Princess inconsistancy. You would think that they would just copy and paste the ammenities to each room type and just add as they go from one room catagory to another. I bet if you call a Princess rep you will get different answers depending on which literature they are reading from.

Archived