New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

WOW... 177 posts... all based on a RUMOR... no facts here (Except for the 2 posts stating that there are no changes... both quoting credible sources!) I can't believe this has gone on this long... or that people are all worked up over a RUMOR.... Goes to show you... if you say it enough people will really begin to believe it!!

WOW... 177 posts... all based on a RUMOR... no facts here (Except for the 2 posts stating that there are no changes... both quoting credible sources!) I can't believe this has gone on this long... or that people are all worked up over a RUMOR.... Goes to show you... if you say it enough people will really begin to believe it!!

Gives us something fun to speculate about:D

Agree and besides that we know Royal reads these threads, maybe it will end up on someone's desk and they will consider it more closely.

Consider what more closely??? A RUMOR?? ok... I'll buy that... now what is the next RUMOR??? A child free ship?

wow, i said this about 9 months ago and everyone said i was talking out of my back side. now folks are seeing the light and are starting to believe it. wow, i hate to say it but---------"I told you so"

I, too, have been saying this since they put in the first diamond lounge. As long as they wait until 2015 to implement it I could care less. We are on the Allure in Dec next year and it is really the only class where which lounge would make a difference.

Perhaps someone at RCCL might even plant a few rumors here to see what type of response they generate!

They may not even have to do that. All they need to do is just check these boards and we would give them all the ideas they would ever need!!

Creating a new level makes a lot of sense. Considering how many days it takes to get from diamond+ to pinnacle, many people may explore other options once making D+ figuring that they will never make pinnacle anyway. Adding a new level may entice some folks to keep chasing the carrot.

They may not even have to do that. All they need to do is just check these boards and we would give them all the ideas they would ever need!!

Haha that's very true. Although, RCI if you're listening (;);)), if you want to make an official appearence on the Cruise Critic RCI board and float some possibilities you're considering to spur some lively focus group debate, we wouldn't complain! :p

• 2 weeks later...
Creating a new level makes a lot of sense. Considering how many days it takes to get from diamond+ to pinnacle, many people may explore other options once making D+ figuring that they will never make pinnacle anyway. Adding a new level may entice some folks to keep chasing the carrot.

That, however, assumes that there are some sort of perks that they can offer to those achieving the new tier that will make getting there so attractive. Given the rate that people are already reaching Diamond and Diamond Plus, and even to some extent, Pinnacle, I remain unsure just what advantage there would be to RCI to offer a new "carrot".

Then again, perhaps there are enough people whose only reason for cruising on RCI is to garner more cruise credits and not the cruising experience that RCI offers, that adding still another tier makes sense.

Consider what more closely??? A RUMOR?? ok... I'll buy that... now what is the next RUMOR??? A child free ship?

Try HAL.

I'm not trying to be nasty, but my take on RCI is that try are trying to provide an inclusive experience where families (including extended families) can co-exist with couples and singles ... which involves different locations onboard that are restricted to different groups.

Trust me -- the kids don't want us grammas hanging out in Adventure Ocean any more than we want them showing up in the Solarium.

Patti, I am puzzled, how are you a member of the Pinnacle Club with only 522 nights at see when Pinnacle is at 700?

Among other considerations, under the current system, sailing in a JS or higher awards double points. (i.e., 7 nights in an oceanview cabin = 7 points; 7 nights in a junior suite = 14 points). Another situation is that there have been three years of "Diamonds in December" wherein D and up C&A members earn an extra point for each night cruised during the month of December.

I, too, have been saying this since they put in the first diamond lounge. As long as they wait until 2015 to implement it I could care less. We are on the Allure in Dec next year and it is really the only class where which lounge would make a difference.

as far as i am concerned; they could implement this rule at the end of Oct. 2013. the CL is way way too crowded....

Patti, I am puzzled, how are you a member of the Pinnacle Club with only 522 nights at see when Pinnacle is at 700?

You need 700 points, not nights. Since our cabin of choice is a JS we earn double points per cruise. And when we board Serenade next week, it will be our 50th cruise!!

You need 700 points, not nights. Since our cabin of choice is a JS we earn double points per cruise. And when we board Serenade next week, it will be our 50th cruise!!

Pattie, how many points do you have now and how soon will you get your next free cruise at 1050 points??

As far as I am concerned; they should leave things as they are. It will only make the DL way way way too crowded.....

yes, but the CL was design for suites. so give it back to them and let the frequent cruisers share the diamond lounges... same drinks, same food and everyone is happy..

Archived