What's something I should bring that I may not think about?

Seas_Please

And TOILET PAPER too.:eek:

Travel Charmin is for excursions--not on the ship. It definitely comes in handy. I've used it in Alaska (as a women leaving a rest stop said, "don't bother--no toilet paper," I was able to whip out my travel Charmin with a smile), Italy, and South America. ;)

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but photocopies of your passports, including one in each suitcase for identification if luggage is lost and one in your carry on in case your passport is lost or stolen.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but photocopies of your passports, including one in each suitcase for identification if luggage is lost and one in your carry on in case your passport is lost or stolen.

Seriously

I would never put photocopies of my passports in my bags

We put a printed itinerary inside & out of the suitcase

including email addresses, cell phone if we are taking one

I also have ID decals https://www.rumeid.com/id-decals.php

where people can look online for contact info but NEVER passport info

Seriously

I would never put photocopies of my passports in my bags

We put a printed itinerary inside & out of the suitcase

including email addresses, cell phone if we are taking one

I also have ID decals https://www.rumeid.com/id-decals.php

where people can look online for contact info but NEVER passport info

Agree - just in the carryon backpack and one (from the two copies in said backpack) in the safe wherever we are. I'm just curious - has anyone here had any issues with a stolen passport? It would seem to me quite futile and pointless, but just wondering...

We also print out a full contact list of how to get in touch with us with a schedule (skype/email/phone/ship/hotel/etc.) and leave that on our kitchen counter, in our bags, and also send it to my mom and DH's son. Between all of that, we should be covered sans apocalypse. :cool:

Agree - passports don't need to be shared anymore than need be. I just saw a friend heading to China snap a pic of his boarding pass, passport and beer and post it to facebook!!! I let him know he was itching for trouble and he pulled it down. Call me crazy but I treat my passport ID like my SSN.

We also print out a full contact list of how to get in touch with us with a schedule (skype/email/phone/ship/hotel/etc.) and leave that on our kitchen counter, in our bags, and also send it to my mom and DH's son. Between all of that, we should be covered sans apocalypse. :cool:

We also leave a copy of our passports at home - just in case......

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of great packing suggestions in this topic. Even if the light packers disregard them, the ideas are helpful for those newish to cruising or the folks who do check bags.

I haven't seen a mention of cable ties yet - we've used these to replace damaged/lost suitcase zipper pulls, hold together a battery charger with a broken cover and to make a temporary loop handle for a camera. You can buy them at Home Depot or WalMart in various sizes. Duct tape can sometimes work but we find we've used cable ties more frequently. I usually toss some cable ties and smaller Ziploc bags inside a gallon bag.

We also bring a few binder clips and manila envelopes to help wrangle all the ship paperwork we want to organize or bring home.

Lastly - a wine stopper that is 'universal' - Metrokane brand makes one that screws on and can stopper Champagne as well as regular wine/port. We never need it for long :rolleyes: , but the stopper will keep the bubbles intact from one glass to the next....

I haven't seen a mention of cable ties yet - we've used these to replace damaged/lost suitcase zipper pulls, hold together a battery charger with a broken cover and to make a temporary loop handle for a camera. You can buy them at Home Depot or WalMart in various sizes. Duct tape can sometimes work but we find we've used cable ties more frequently. I usually toss some cable ties and smaller Ziploc bags inside a gallon bag.

We also bring a few binder clips and manila envelopes to help wrangle all the ship paperwork we want to organize or bring home.

Thanks for the mention of cable ties. We always use them instead of locks in and out of North America. They don't protect your bags from theft, but they prevent them from opening accidentally and will at least alert you if the bag has been opened. Just remember to carry a nail clipper in an outside pocket so you can cut the ties off when needed. (Once my outside zipper pocket was opened and I lost my clippers--luckily my butler was able to find scissors to cut the darned things.)

And binder clips and envelopes is a great idea!

Just remember to carry a nail clipper in an outside pocket so you can cut the ties off when needed. (Once my outside zipper pocket was opened and I lost my clippers-

And binder clips and envelopes is a great idea!

Last trip I put the nail clippers in my purse ..no problem with TSA

I usually have them in my carry-on but had to gate check the bags on the puddle jumper

I also take a large brown envelope for papers to bring home

The Dollar store had a package of different coloured small cable ties

Lyn

I usually have them in my carry-on but had to gate check the bags on the puddle jumper

Lyn

LOL :D Lyn your funny! When was the last time anyone was killed by nail clipper?

Lyn[/quote

From TSA website

Items allowed in airlcraft cabin

Walking canes and umbrellas (once inspected to ensure prohibited items are not concealed)

Nail clippers with nail files attached

Nail files

Tweezers

Safety razors (including disposable razors)

Syringes (with medication and professionally printed label identifying medication or manufacturer’s name)

Insulin delivery systems

Eyelash curlers

From TSA website

Items allowed in airlcraft cabin

Walking canes and umbrellas (once inspected to ensure prohibited items are not concealed)

Nail clippers with nail files attached

Nail files

Tweezers

Safety razors (including disposable razors)

Syringes (with medication and professionally printed label identifying medication or manufacturer’s name)

Insulin delivery systems

Eyelash curlers

Now they are allowed but not always the case since 9/11

You can now also take bottled water on that you bought in the secure area of the airport ..also not always the case

Now they are allowed but not always the case since 9/11

You can now also take bottled water on that you bought in the secure area of the airport ..also not always the case

How come they ALWAYS take our nail clippers???

Last time DH lost his article clipper as well. It's hard to imagine it could be used as a weapon, but if does have a sharp point so that you can cut out an article from the paper.

And we have always been able to take bottled water bought once past security ... we lose the water we already have, of course.

Correction: at the Istanbul airport last year we had to go through security a second time when going to the gate. And there they confiscated our water that had been bought in the airport. Howard gave them the almost exhausted bottle ... they didn't know about the fuller one. And we didn't tell.

Mura

Howard gave them the almost exhausted bottle ... they didn't know about the fuller one. And we didn't tell.

With a shifty attitude like that, Madame, should you REALLY be trusted with nail-clippers ?

this-woman-is-dangerous-movie-poster-1952-1020254147.jpg

I see this as a slippery slope, cigarettes taped to your thighs, opiates stashed under your face cream, scotch in your perfume bottles.....

The one blessing is that Eydie Gorme didn't have to witness your downfall.

Oh, and by the way,

Nail%20Clippers.png

See, Jim, I claim innocence. I didn't know anything about it until Howard told me that he'd done.

But I have to say that I did agree ... I WAS THIRSTY!

These NSA guys (domestic and foreign) have stolen to many of my treasured treats ... jam, honey, hot sauce ...

What they don't know won't hurt them.

Snert.

Mura

Archived