Dawn Still in Boston

bluebeachbum

Actually, the Dawn has just started doing her Canada/New England cruises from Boston to Quebec City, and Quebec City to Boston. This will last thru Mid to late October.

That explains why the Dawn is not at sea. We are on the Boston to Bermuda cruise on Oct 11. Hope the hurricanes and tropical storms stay away.

We just got back yesterday from our Bermuda cruise. Hope yours goes better than ours did. I got hurt in a fall (thought I broke my arm) unfortunately the fall happened at noon,but, the medical center didn't open til 4pm. I had to walk around in pain til then. We couldn't even go to our so called room because the rooms weren't ready yet.Oh, and speaking of rooms,they're more like sardine cans, 2 people can not walk around in those rooms at the same time without bumping into one another.

They had no attention to detail at all and very disorganized. As far as food variety there really wasn't any and the service wasn't there either.Activities were non-existant. :mad: I will say this I don't think we will ever use Norweigen again!!

We just got back yesterday from our Bermuda cruise. Hope yours goes better than ours did. I got hurt in a fall (thought I broke my arm) unfortunately the fall happened at noon,but, the medical center didn't open til 4pm. I had to walk around in pain til then. We couldn't even go to our so called room because the rooms weren't ready yet.Oh, and speaking of rooms,they're more like sardine cans, 2 people can not walk around in those rooms at the same time without bumping into one another.

They had no attention to detail at all and very disorganized. As far as food variety there really wasn't any and the service wasn't there either.Activities were non-existant. :mad: I will say this I don't think we will ever use Norweigen again!!

I'm very sorry to hear your trip was not as expected. I too fell the second day.............unfortunately it happens. Thankfully nothing was broken. Medical staff was knowledgeable and professional. FYI for the future, all cruise lines have medical care available 24/7. I thought it was a wonderful cruise, staff friendly and accommodating. Many different choices for dining (we ate in the Venetian). Bermuda weather other than Tuesday afternoon was delightful. At least give Bermuda another try if not NCL.

Sorry that you hurt yourself but seriously....no food variety and no activities? :rolleyes:

Sorry the cruise did not meet your expectations. We first sailed on the old Majesty. Always had an inside cabin. Small, yes, but would not describe them as a sardine can. Love NCL and have always found the staff it be excellent. We are looking forward to our Bermuda cruise and have a 10 day on the Sun booked for February

I would ignore this post. This person joined cruise critic today and this is their first post ever.....I have been on the dawn 3 times and have found no problems with the ship, plenty of entertainment and great variety of foods. also the cabins have plenty of space.

.....I have been on the dawn 3 times and have found no problems with the ship, plenty of entertainment and great variety of foods. also the cabins have plenty of space.

That's great news. We are taking our first cruise on the Dawn next January while she is homeported in our home town of Tampa. It sounds as though we can look forward to a great week.

If you had called 911 the medical staff would have seen you. They have somebody on duty 24/7

I am also a veteran of may Dawn cruises. I find the rooms to be perfectly fine in terms of size, and very well laid out.

Nothing to do? That's just wrong on so many counts.

It would be interesting to hear from OP what other cruises she has done - I find it hard to believe NCL would be considered very "off" from other mass cruise lines.

That's great news. We are taking our first cruise on the Dawn next January while she is homeported in our home town of Tampa. It sounds as though we can look forward to a great week.

I'll be flying down to Tampa on 4/26/14 to catch the Dawns repositioning doing the 12 day Southern Carribean going from Tampa to Boston followed by the 7 day Bermuda cruise cruise out of boston....will be in the Family suite with large Balcony.

I'll be flying down to Tampa on 4/26/14 to catch the Dawns repositioning doing the 12 day Southern Carribean going from Tampa to Boston followed by the 7 day Bermuda cruise cruise out of boston....will be in the Family suite with large Balcony.

My husband and I have been looking at the Tampa-Boston part of that itinerary for awhile with much longing. We are still mulling it over and haven't ruled it out yet, so who knows? We may actually join you aboard the Dawn next Spring.

My husband and I have been looking at the Tampa-Boston part of that itinerary for awhile with much longing. We are still mulling it over and haven't ruled it out yet, so who knows? We may actually join you aboard the Dawn next Spring.

My friends and I were on that cruise last April and had a fabulous time. The food was very good with lots of variety. Activities went on all day and night. Lots to do.

I recommend flying down the day before, because we had a delay with our flights.

I'm sorry about your mishap, but there IS 24hr medical service available. Just call the number shown on your daily, and you can be seen immediately.

There are many activities scheduled day and night. Again, you should check the Freestyle Daily to find out what's going on.

The variety of food is phenomenal, with many different eateries & menus. They range from the buffet, Main Diningrooms, and specialty restaurants.

It pays to join cruisecritic ahead of your cruise and do some research first. Ask questions and your cruise could have been a better experience.

Next time you might want to consider a larger cabin or suite.

I've been on the Dawn twice, and loved it.

Have you considered writing a more detailed review about your experience on the Dawn for this board including pros and cons. It could be very helpful to others. NCL does monitor this board and I'm sure would be interested in your remarks. This thread is titled "Dawn Still in Boston" and some who might be interested could miss your post.

Hope your arm is on the mend.

I just disembarked from the Dawn yesterday and it was wonderful, tons of activities and found the food great. If you have the beds separated you have more room in the cabin. This was my third time on the Dawn and I'll be doing the repo cruise 11/1.

Sorry you didnt like NCL and you fell but the good part is there are plenty of other lines to choose from for your next trip !

Sorry, but first post and calling themselves "memorable moments" ?????

Maybe a TROLL ? :rolleyes:

We too just returned from this cruise, and had a great time. As Platinum Lattitudes members, we saw a lot of things that were not like they used to be - but there was nothing that would have had an effect on weather we had a good time or not. I will say our cabin was a bit small - but with 3 adults in the cabin - we still managed! As for activities - there were things to do if you wanted them - I did find that they charge fees for more activities now than they used to. Food? I know I didn't come home hungry! We were even delayed leaving Bermuda and no one complained. I've always said that a cruise is a vacation where if you don't have fun - it is your own fault. A cruise is what you make of it. You want to be busy all the time - you can be! If you want rest and relaxation you can have that too. I'm also a firm believer that if you have complaints about your cruise - posting them here on cruise critic is not going to resolve the issues. obviously you want to tell someone about your experience - but if you are going to write down complaints, you should probably address them to someone who can do something with them. As a platinum Lattitudes member, I have written several letters over the years regarding concerns about my cruises and I have sent them directly to NCL. I know there are people who will argue with me, but I can honestly say that every letter I ever wrote was read and responded to. I think that is where you should voice your concerns. To everyone else who already is booked on the Dawn - The ship is beautiful - your cruise will be what you make it! Just go and have fun! In the meantime - I have posted pictures on my website http://www.fryesphotos.com

Wow RWFRYE5.... Magnificent pictures. Thank you for sharing. NCL should buy some of these for their promotional brochure for Bermuda cruises. How can anyone complain about a cruise when they have the opportunity to experience all of this. 3 weeks from today I will be sailing on the Breakaway toward that paradise! Again, thanks for sharing.

We too just returned from this cruise, and had a great time. As Platinum Lattitudes members, we saw a lot of things that were not like they used to be - but there was nothing that would have had an effect on weather we had a good time or not. I will say our cabin was a bit small - but with 3 adults in the cabin - we still managed! As for activities - there were things to do if you wanted them - I did find that they charge fees for more activities now than they used to. Food? I know I didn't come home hungry! We were even delayed leaving Bermuda and no one complained. I've always said that a cruise is a vacation where if you don't have fun - it is your own fault. A cruise is what you make of it. You want to be busy all the time - you can be! If you want rest and relaxation you can have that too. I'm also a firm believer that if you have complaints about your cruise - posting them here on cruise critic is not going to resolve the issues. obviously you want to tell someone about your experience - but if you are going to write down complaints, you should probably address them to someone who can do something with them. As a platinum Lattitudes member, I have written several letters over the years regarding concerns about my cruises and I have sent them directly to NCL. I know there are people who will argue with me, but I can honestly say that every letter I ever wrote was read and responded to. I think that is where you should voice your concerns. To everyone else who already is booked on the Dawn - The ship is beautiful - your cruise will be what you make it! Just go and have fun! In the meantime - I have posted pictures on my website http://www.fryesphotos.com

Those pictures are wonderful! We leave for Bermuda in about a month (on the Dawn, which we love) and now I REALLY can hardly wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived