Breakaway 9916 Pictorial Review

Nalagh

Thanks so much for the review and pictures!

Kids are beautiful!

PLEASE GIVE US EVERYTHING on the Haven and anxiously waiting for more pictures :)

(Even though I was on in July LOL).

BUT, will be in the Haven on the Getaway in August.

Thanks.

9916 is an S6 Aft facing Penthouse Suite. The cabin has 2 bathrooms, two showers, a separate bedroom(with a door), a couch that folds into a bed, 2 televisions, a dining table and 4 chairs, a lavazza machine, and a balcony one may be hard pressed to abandon. The balcony alone is 409 SQ ft!

HPIM7130.jpg

That balcony looks eerily familiar !! :D

Fery said you told him to tell us HI !!

Enjoying perfect weather so far in Bermuda - I have not read your review (saving minutes), but recall the port cam showing some rainy weather last week.

Tom

Hi & thank you for this amazing review!!!!

We are sailing in 9316 & 9314 in November and your pictures really helped to picture the layout. Is the balcony & layout the same on the starboard side?

What is the"Suite Party"?

Thanks again for the wonderful pix & info!!

Meg

BTW - I did take a tape measure on our sailing last week so I could measure this balcony. The depth was just shy of 20' at the middle part of the balcony. The balcony railing came in at 30'.

It was the perfect location for breakfast - which we enjoyed out there on 4 or 5 mornings!

i-bHzmK5W-XL.jpg

Tom

Great review and pictures! Miss you, Daniel, Anne & Eric... And your penthouse! :p Thanks again for your generous hospitality and hope to sail with you again some day. I can't sit down to a meal anymore without hearing Anne's voice "Stop! Don't eat until I take a picture of your plate!" :D

We are booked in the S6 on deck 12, so one size down from yours! My husband and I are amazed by the 20x30 balcony!!! I know ours will be slightly smaller.

I also have very long hair (currently at my waist) and wondered how you liked the shampoo/conditioner. I love that you got all that you received from pre-concierge!

I can't wait for our trip! Booked in March. And now [just] less than a year away!!! :)

Thanks for sharing!!

• 4 weeks later...

Nalagh, Thanks so much for your posts and pictures! I have this cabin 9916 booked on the December 8th sailing to the Bahamas (yay! only 6 more weeks!).

Two questions: is there a partition on the balcony between 9916 and 9918? :confused: That might be a dumb question, but the deck plans on the ncl website makes it look like there isn't... Also, how much of the balcony is covered by the upper level? I'm wondering because I'd love to lay out to get some sun without having to go to the pool deck or even the haven.

Thanks so much!

Ron, because we did not exceed the room capacity I was allowed to book the second cabin in my name. I wanted 2 real beds and the idea of 3 showers enticed it along. The DOS is beautiful, but did not compare to the phenomenal set-up we had imho.

Hi Nalagh,

I'm not sure if you're still monitoring this thread (?), but wanted to say thank you for the great photos and vivid descriptions!! You've inspired me!

Also, I have a question about the two cabins. We're about to book two cabins for an upcoming cruise, a suite (DH and me) and an adjoining balcony (two teenage DSs). I called to try to book all of us in the suite, which accommodates 4 people, and put my name only on the adjoining balcony, but was told that I couldn't have my name on two cabins. Do you mind if I just clarify what I should do so that I can ask my NCL rep again please?

-Suite - book myself, DH, DS1, DS2

-Adj Balc - book only Me

Thus, my name would be on two cabins. We would pay more this way, but would get an extra bedroom and bathroom and the boys would have suite perks. Am I understanding?

Thank you so very much!!

I love your reviews:)!

Edited by cruis247g

• 11 months later...

I don't think it mattered whose name was on the other room. You all got Haven access because you were all booked into the Haven suite. And paid the premium for it. I think a few us thought the adjoining room got them instant Haven status because of your Haven status. Awesome pics!!!!