electronic item help

craftymarie

pre cruise I intend to buy an electric cutting machine for crafting as it is much cheaper in the us than here. just wondering if it will be confiscated while bringing it on board. I will have it in carryon luggage as I wouldn't take the risk of damage. I will not be using it on the ship.

I wont have time to buy it after the cruise due to flights.

what do you suggest I do. cant post it home too expensive!

Marie

pre cruise I intend to buy an electric cutting machine for crafting as it is much cheaper in the us than here. just wondering if it will be confiscated while bringing it on board. I will have it in carryon luggage as I wouldn't take the risk of damage. I will not be using it on the ship.

I wont have time to buy it after the cruise due to flights.

what do you suggest I do. cant post it home too expensive!

Marie

I don't know if they will confiscate it or not; but if they do they would hold it in their security pen and return it at the end of your cruise. They do offer scrapbooking and arts and crafts on board, I'd imagine similar items are probably used (but don't know for certain).

I am looking at buying a silhouette cameo. well that's the plan. they are about half the price in the us. (I already have a converter so I can use it at home).:)

Out of curiosity, what is the converter that you have. You need to be sure that you can use the device with either 110 volts or 220 volts.

You probably already knew that, just wanted to make sure.

Just tell security what it is. They may want to hold it for you, but they should have no problem returning it to you the last day of your cruise. A resent poster had security 'hold' his golf clubs, but they didn't stop him from brining them and using them in port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Can you arrange for the merchant to ship it to you? That way you avoid the ship/packing issue. Amazon has them for $269 if that helps.

the shipping would cost as much as the item unfortunately. I don't mind carrying it. I could buy it from the uk but it is at least twice the price.

I don't know the name of converter, but I bought another gadget a couple of years ago in new York so I know it will work. anyway hubby is fairly knowledgeable in these things so I should be ok. thanks for concern.:)

Hi Marie,

As Maxwell said, if you can't board with it, they tag it and you get it when you return, so there is no risk of having them take it from you forever (as they might with contraband alcohol). I've seen a big bin of irons, hair curlers, knives etc near the security line all tagged and ready to be stored for the week!;)

My SIL lives in GB now and has big trouble with shipping...its very expensive, so this is a great option for you! Happy scrapping! Hope your trip is scrap worthy!

I am looking at buying a silhouette cameo. well that's the plan. they are about half the price in the us. (I already have a converter so I can use it at home).:)

I'm jealous! I bought a Cricut years ago, before the silhouette even came out. Wish I had it instead!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived