Interconnecting doors on Summit

Vaux

Hello,

The cabin i booked (8029) has interconnecting doors on Summit. Are these cabins generally noisier, i don't want to hear everything that's going on in the connected cabin...

Any other differences?

Thanks!

Hello,

The cabin i booked (8029) has interconnecting doors on Summit. Are these cabins generally noisier, i don't want to hear everything that's going on in the connected cabin...

Any other differences?

Thanks!

Most of the cabins we have had on the Summit have been connecting. Did not have a problem with noise. Noise comes if the people next door have the tv on too loud. And fortunately most people went to bed early. Being on deck 8 you will have a cabin above you. Never heard too much in footsteps either.

Hello,

Any other differences?

Thanks!

I've only booked one of these cabins once--we knew the people in the other cabin. You will hear noise from the other cabin. I don't book them any more.

We had 8139 and 8141 on the summit. We were a family traveling together. As grandparents, we loved having our kids and grandkids next door. It was especially good at night when we watched our young grandkids while their parents went out for the evening. We kept the door closed most of the time. You can hear what is being said in the next room. Change cabins to a non connecting cabin or put rolled up towels across the bottom of the door. I would not want a connecting cabin unless you were traveling together.

We always travel as a family of 4 with interconnecting cabins.

Yes you can hear what is going on in the next room much more than a normal cabin.

The other problem is light. If your lights are off and theirs are on you will see it under the door and potentially around it.

It is interesting that many times the door is taped up with masking tape - I guess to minimize the noise and light:)

I will be on the Summit this afternoon with a connecting door. If the internet is not too slow, I'll report back sometime this week or next. I think the issue is when we are on the Summit there are very little children and there usually are seniors next door. This is the fourth time on the ship and somehow we end up with a connecting door. I am in a C3 cabin. Am more concerned with the service door which is across the hall and down one cabin. Do not want to be across from a service door.

Archived