Your Favorite Princess Ship

janetz

My favorite:

IMG_1116.jpg

Just curious...We were on the Caribbean Princess a few years back and it felt very crowded to us (maybe just the itinerary). Isn't the Ruby it's "sister"? If so, could you tell me why you love it so?? I'll be on the Ruby in 3 weeks!!

My favorite cruise ship of all is the Island Princess, mainly because of the Lotus Pool area where we spent so much time. (Since the sun is not my friend, I loved being able to relax in a gorgeous indoor pool area.)

But, we just got back this summer from a cruise on the little Pacific Princess and she was a gem. It didn't have the amenities that the Island Princess had, but it sure had a lot of charm. I'd cruise her again in an instant.

Being relatively new to Princess, 1st cruise on the Crown....and it's features/feel made us instantly move Princess up to the top of our cruise provider list (and book a Panama Canal trip on the Coral)..... just wondering:

Why no votes for the Crown? lol

Just curious...We were on the Caribbean Princess a few years back and it felt very crowded to us (maybe just the itinerary). Isn't the Ruby it's "sister"? If so, could you tell me why you love it so?? I'll be on the Ruby in 3 weeks!!

I was on Ruby Princess this past December and it often felt very crowded to me even in the atrium, which seemed small and oddly claustrophobic. Even the three deck high atrium of the Celebrity Millennium seemed spacious by comparison. I'll be on Royal Princess for two weeks this December so it will be interesting to compare her to my last Princess cruise.

Another vote for the Sapphire here. I haven't sailed her since the overhaul last year (and probably won't get a chance anytime soon due to her reassignment to Asia) but when I did, I found the ship to have some subtle yet interesting changes compared to the other Grand class ships, especially the wider promenade deck. Add to that a top-notch crew and the repo cruise I did on the Sapphire is easily one of the more memorable ones I've done.

favourite princess ship.

1 ) emerald princess

2 ) crown princess

3 ) grand princess

4 ) new royal princess

5 ) sapphire princess

6 ) sea princess

7 ) old ocean princess

8 ) star princess

9 ) dawn princess

there all as good as each other :D

In what ways was the Sapphire updated? International cafe perhaps?

I was on the Diamond when it first came out. I must be in the minority not liking the 4 smaller dining rooms. I think they are too small, especially since we like anytime dining and prefer to share a large table to meet other passengers. The opportunity to do so was very limited with many more much smaller tables.

Seems like we will have to look into the Coral/Island. Big ships, small ships. It make no difference to us. We sailed the Oasis ad then the NCL Dawn right after. Both were excellent sailings. Since I only have the CB to compare, which is a lovely ship, I have a feeling the Princess ships have the best décor. :D

Haven't been on a Princess ship we didn't like, however: My favorite are the Island and Coral. Not too big, not too small, beautiful and great crews. Rachel's favorite is the Grand, many more amenities. Our least favorite (we agree) is the Sapphire. The claustrophobic dining rooms don't help the experience.

When we sailed the Sapphire it was a great ship, but it is not my first choice because of what others liked, the small dinning areas.

We were assigned to anytime dinning and they never had a table for us. We had one two year old with us. We would have to wait till late to get a table or go to the HC, which we did not want to do. It did restrict what DR we could use.

To Princess credit, after 2 days the head waiter of one dinning room gave us permanent reservations at his DR and we were set. It was my SIL's first cruise and we was getting frustrated because they were always trying to divide us into groups of 2 and three. But it worked out and he had a great cruise.

Here is another vote for the Sapphire. Besides the above reason I like the wider promenade deck, the four smaller dining rooms, and the covered pool. I'm really sorry Princess decided to send this ship to Asia.

I'm disappointed to hear this as well. We are hoping to do an Alaska cruise in the next few years and I was hoping to do it on the Sapphire. Perhaps she'll be back to Alaska by then...

In what ways was the Sapphire updated? International cafe perhaps?
The Sapphire was updated last year with a Piazza, International Cafe, Vines and Alfredo's. It was a major update that jumped the Sapphire ahead of all by the new Royal in terms of amenities.

I've taken several cruises on the Sapphire and our last one will be ten days in March. I still like the Coral/Island better but of the big ships I've sailed, I like the Sapphire best.

I've sailed several times on the Crown and love the Adagio Lounge but other than that, she isn't "special" IMHO.

We like the Crown, Emerald, Ruby class of ships. Especially a certain cabin. Depends on the itinerary. Going on the Crown for 2 weeks in January.

While we love Island/Coral, the itineraries on Crown/Emerald/Ruby suit us best and we are happy with any of these.

Last year, 20 nights on Emerald in January. This year with you for 2 weeks in January on Crown.

LuLu

~~~~

An other one for the Sapphire although not our first choice of the ships we sailed on. That would be the old Regal Princess.

The old Regal was such a beautiful ship to look at unlike some of the "apartment blocks" that you see more of today.

Theo

Our favorite ship is the Coral, followed by the Star. The Sapphire is a distant third, and the Sea is the absolute bottom of *my* list (my husband felt that the Sea was just okay, nothing special) We haven't sailed on any of the other ships in the fleet.

We will be taking our third cruise on the Coral next year, we just like everything about the ship! Great size, great amenities, great ambiance, and the addition of the International Cafe was just the icing on the cake!

Yes, I am "slightly" pondering our future Royal cruise. I think the reason we picked it is not so much being new, but we wanted a Princess ship, it is 10 nights from NY to FLL. Thus we only need air one way, visits ports we have not been too and the price was good. :)

Archived