81 New Cabins planned for the Navigator

FIRELT5

I cannot imagine they would get rid of the children/teen areas...and I am not sure where the pizza dining is on deck 3....do you really think they will get rid of the photo and nightclub area are just move them to a different location?

I can see them reducing the photo area. More kiosks (perhaps throughout the ship) and less printing.

Deck 12 is interesting. Hanging outside adventure ocean - and making AO inside with no windows? The story mentions deck 12 as an aluminum 'pod' so would it be previously and sat somewhere?

The virtual balcony cabins show up on the booking page now. Have to keep an eye out for deck 12 accommodations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It shows these four cabin types on the current 5th of February deck plans on the website, without showing their location on deck 12.

Larger Panoramic Ocean View, s.gifPanoramic Ocean View, s.gif and Presidential Family Suite W/Balcony

and e2.gifDeluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Edited by MADflyer

It makes sense that they add something aft. Likely will have to have structural changed to support the flow rider. If they do it, it would be above the superstructure and have better views.

On Mariner I don't think they had the windows open around deck 12 spa, so putting cabins around this area would probably work.

We are on navigator in March, so will know by then.

We will be in one on the April 20 sailing out of Galveston. Right now, customer service and C&A does not have the final deck plans. I know because we are moving from a JS to a balcony and these new ones are the only ones available.

They told our TA the cabins would be in the rear quarter of the ship where Adventure Ocean is currently located. C&A rep told me they would be near mid-ship where the Adventure Ocean is currently located. Neither could answer where Adventure Ocean, the Arcade or Disco would be located (or even if they would still be on that deck).

I think the numbering implies between midship and aft for the deck 12 cabins.

It looks like getting 39 cabins on deck 3 will require replacing the entire dungeon night club, plus the photo center, plus perhaps one of the wings on the main dining room? I don't know what the pizza place is.

Less open spaces and more people... not sure this sounds like a good thing?

It makes sense that they add something aft. Likely will have to have structural changed to support the flow rider. If they do it, it would be above the superstructure and have better views.

On Mariner I don't think they had the windows open around deck 12 spa, so putting cabins around this area would probably work.

We are on navigator in March, so will know by then.

Navigator does not have a FlowRider.

Less open spaces and more people... not sure this sounds like a good thing?

It isn't if they're adding passengers but not expanding heavily-used public areas like the Windjammer. Sounds like it'll be just as crowded-feeling as the stretched Enchantment, which I avoid for that very reason.

It used to be that one of the key criteria in choosing a cruise was the ships "space ratio". A high space ratio usually indicates a great deal of public space and open areas.

Royal Caribbean is now going below 40 Space Ratio on many of their ships with this years re-vitalizations. Even Quantum of the Seas will only have a space ration of 39.

Only Enchantment at 35 and Majesty at 30 space ratio were at one time below 40 for RCI.

For a relationship Carnival ships fall below 35, while Disney falls around 50. The luxury ships of Seabourn come in at around 70 or double the space per passenger of a Carnival cruise. The new Norwegian Breakaway came in very low for a new ship at just 35 space ratio.

I sailed on Liberty for a Trans-Atlantic and it has a space ratio of 44 and seemed just about perfect to me.

Navigator is currently at 44 as well and that will drop substantially with the addition of the 81 new cabins, that is for sure.

It used to be that one of the key criteria in choosing a cruise was the ships "space ratio". A high space ratio usually indicates a great deal of public space and open areas.

Royal Caribbean is now going below 40 Space Ratio on many of their ships with this years re-vitalizations. Even Quantum of the Seas will only have a space ration of 39.

Only Enchantment at 35 and Majesty at 30 space ratio were at one time below 40 for RCI.

For a relationship Carnival ships fall below 35, while Disney falls around 50. The luxury ships of Seabourn come in at around 70 or double the space per passenger of a Carnival cruise. The new Norwegian Breakaway came in very low for a new ship at just 35 space ratio.

I sailed on Liberty for a Trans-Atlantic and it has a space ratio of 44 and seemed just about perfect to me.

Navigator is currently at 44 as well and that will drop substantially with the addition of the 81 new cabins, that is for sure.

Assuming double occupancy, Navigator's space ratio should go from 44 to 42 with the addition of the new staterooms. Or, about the same as Freedom class.

Assuming double occupancy, Navigator's space ratio should go from 44 to 42 with the addition of the new staterooms. Or, about the same as Freedom class.

I thought someone might have the 'inside' scoop. That is great if that is the case.

That wont be that bad if that is what it works out to, but they are sure taking out an awful lot of open area for cabins.

The problem with the calculation is that cabin space still counts in the Space ratio as I have understood it, the way it is calculated today. It includes all 'enclosed' space and they are taking open deck areas on Navigator, so not sure how it would be calculated. That would mean these new deck 12 cabins would help off-set the deck 2 and 3 cabins as I have understood it.

I fully support and understand the changes the RCI are making and they are doing it in a very well thought out manner.

I sail on Vision right after the re-fit and only hope it is as well done as Serenade was when I sailed on her post re-fit.

The Navigator re-fit does sound a little more extensive though.

So, is this what is to come for all Voyager class ships?

Royal has not publically disclosed the plans for other Voyager class ships. On the refit schedule, it still says "Details coming soon".

Edited by clarea

The original release had every ship in the fleet's details. Those obviously change though as none of the iPads ever came to be, none of the virtual balconies were listed, and none of these Navigator plans were revealed. I would guess Navigator is a test and then they'll decide what to do for the other 3. The Mariner has already received her upgrades so she wouldn't get this for awhile, but she seems destined as an Asia designated ship in the same way that Independence is designated as British and not treated the same as the other Freedom class ships. It'll be interesting to see if this changes the GRT, could this put the voyager class over 141, ahead of the new Princess/P&O ships?

We will be in one on the April 20 sailing out of Galveston. Right now, customer service and C&A does not have the final deck plans. I know because we are moving from a JS to a balcony and these new ones are the only ones available.

They told our TA the cabins would be in the rear quarter of the ship where Adventure Ocean is currently located. C&A rep told me they would be near mid-ship where the Adventure Ocean is currently located. Neither could answer where Adventure Ocean, the Arcade or Disco would be located (or even if they would still be on that deck).

Hijack ... We'll be on the April 20th cruise as well! Can't come soon enough!

It almost sounds from the dry dock description that they're removing everything from deck 12 up, adding a new deck 12, and putting everything back down on top of it. It may be worth a quick weekend trip to Freeport just to watch them do this one:D