Albergo Cesari questions

TSUmom

Those of you that have stayed at the Albergo Cesari - is it really central to most of the sites? It seems like the perfect location from all that I have read and we are leaning toward staying there. We like the idea of the rooftop garden too. Thank you in advance for any information on this hotel.

Most people regard the area bounded by Trevi Fountain on one side and Piazza Navona on the other to be about the most central area to stay in Rome's historic center.

Albergo Cesari is in a very good location, walkable to most places (assuming you can walk with no mobility issues) especially to Trevi, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, and the Colosseum and Forum. The Vatican would be the only outlier, but even still if you like to walk you could get there in perhaps 45 minutes on foot.

The area around the hotel is really pleasant and safe with lots going on in the evening (restaurants, people strolling, shops, gelaterias, etc.)

Thank you - sounds like it will be a great place to stay!!! I am 51 and DH is 61 but we are in good shape, we walk 3 miles daily so I don't see any problem. I do believe we will taxi to the Vatican though so we don't arrive overly warm.

Thank you - sounds like it will be a great place to stay!!! I am 51 and DH is 61 but we are in good shape, we walk 3 miles daily so I don't see any problem. I do believe we will taxi to the Vatican though so we don't arrive overly warm.

To avoid the extra fare of having them called to your hotel, you can easily walk to the taxi stand that is just to the side of the Pantheon -- about 5 minutes from your location.

The taxi line up is on the right as you face the front of the Pantheon.

To avoid the extra fare of having them called to your hotel, you can easily walk to the taxi stand that is just to the side of the Pantheon -- about 5 minutes from your location.

The taxi line up is on the right as you face the front of the Pantheon.

Thank you for the tip!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Those of you that have stayed at the Albergo Cesari - is it really central to most of the sites? It seems like the perfect location from all that I have read and we are leaning toward staying there. We like the idea of the rooftop garden too. Thank you in advance for any information on this hotel.

TSUMom...when will you be staying at the Albergo Cesari? I have reservations for May 2014. If you will be there prior to that, I would love to hear your impressions of the hotel and the surrounding area. My email is psweeney@wldent.com if you get a chance to share your thoughts. Thanks.

TSUMom...when will you be staying at the Albergo Cesari? I have reservations for May 2014. If you will be there prior to that, I would love to hear your impressions of the hotel and the surrounding area. My email is psweeney@wldent.com if you get a chance to share your thoughts. Thanks.

I am going to asking you that same question because you will be there a year before me. I have to wait until 2015. :( I am a big planner but this is going to be a whole new thing for us because we have never been to Europe or sailed from a non US port. I have so much to learn but thought I would break it down into little planning stages. Stage one our 2 day/3 night precruise in Rome.

As Cruisemom says, you will find this an ideal location. We walked past the hotel on our trip in May--this is a great choice. 10 minutes walk will get you just about everywhere you want to go; only the Vatican and Colosseum take a little longer. We have been to Rome multiple times and I will always stay in that area in the future.

We will be staying at the Albergo Cesari in 3 weeks (pre-cruise Reflection TA). I haven't stayed there before so it was nice to see the favorable opinions. I'll make a note to let you both know my thoughts when we get back.

We will be staying at the Albergo Cesari in 3 weeks (pre-cruise Reflection TA). I haven't stayed there before so it was nice to see the favorable opinions. I'll make a note to let you both know my thoughts when we get back.

Thank you I will look forward to hearing how your stay was. We are for sure staying there but now we need to decide how we are doing rooms. It will be DH and myself and my sis in law. We have several options - a triple room or a double and a single are the two we are looking at. Anyway, I understand rooms in Europe are on the small side and am just not sure how 3 of us would do ( that is why we have a 2 bedroom suite on ship) It just might be too much togetherness.:)

I will also be staying there for two nights beginning on the 25th of this month. I, too, will make a note to remember to post back here on my thoughts about the hotel. We are staying in a quad room so although you are looking at a triple, I'll let you know what the space was like in ours.

Thank you I will look forward to hearing how your stay was. We are for sure staying there but now we need to decide how we are doing rooms. It will be DH and myself and my sis in law. We have several options - a triple room or a double and a single are the two we are looking at. Anyway, I understand rooms in Europe are on the small side and am just not sure how 3 of us would do ( that is why we have a 2 bedroom suite on ship) It just might be too much togetherness.:)

We have a double and a triple. I'll try to remember to take pics.

I will also be staying there for two nights beginning on the 25th of this month. I, too, will make a note to remember to post back here on my thoughts about the hotel. We are staying in a quad room so although you are looking at a triple, I'll let you know what the space was like in ours.

Thank you! I will be watching for your update on this thread!!

Great location, have never stayed there before but we were staying very close in Albergo del Senato which I highly recommend!

I think location is going to be important in Rome so thank you for your input.

As Cruisemom says, you will find this an ideal location. We walked past the hotel on our trip in May--this is a great choice. 10 minutes walk will get you just about everywhere you want to go; only the Vatican and Colosseum take a little longer. We have been to Rome multiple times and I will always stay in that area in the future.

We are looking forward to this and walking is the best way to take in everything...sounds, sights and people. Not sure if we will walk to the Vatican but we will walk to the Coliseum. I am sure after all of the eating we will be doing the walking will be beneficial!!

• 5 weeks later...

I got back last Sunday from my Med cruise and stayed at the Albergo Cesari on the 25th and 26th of October. It was an excellent choice as it was close to just about everything. The farthest away was the Vatican, but we even walked back from it. Took about 30-40 minutes I think.

We had a quad room, and it was very spacious with plenty of walk around room for all four of us. The bathroom was also spacious with a large (and high) tub. The shower portion of the tub was on one end with a short glass wall. It was hard not to splash water on the floor, but a very minor issue.

The rooftop eating area was lovely. Although there was an occasional pigeon, they did not interfere with us and our food thankfully. Breakfast consisted of juices, coffee, tea, pastries, bread, cakes/sweetbreads, yogurt, fruit, meats and possibly a few other items I can't remember.

All in all, I would not hesitate to stay there again. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

We are back from our stay at Albergo Cesari (pre-cruise on TA). The hotel was in a great location – no doubt about it. Midway between Pantheon and Trevi fountain, I would say. You could definitely walk to the Coliseum, although the Vatican would be too far a walk for me. We had two rooms, one a double but just used by my sister, and one a triple for me my sister and my brother. The triple room was #33. It was very spacious by European standards. There was a king size bed and a twin bed. The bathroom was of decent size and had a great shower (other than water spilling onto the floor). There were nice toiletries. This room faced the side street of the hotel with a window. I did not find it to be too noisy, but my brother said he heard sirens during the night. The hotel staff was wonderful – really a lot of fun which has not been my experience in many other European hotels.

The bill was exactly as originally quoted. I booked on the hotel's website. They even let us split the bill using separate credit cards.

The rooftop bar/breakfast area was better than I have experienced before. It was wonderful looking out over all the rooftops and the churches in the background. The food was typical breakfast fair sliced meats cheeses, bagels, yogurt, etc.

Our king bed was fairly comfortable, kind of lopsided, but I did sleep. I would stay at this hotel again, mostly for the wonderful location.

Edited by Pushkin

I got back last Sunday from my Med cruise and stayed at the Albergo Cesari on the 25th and 26th of October. It was an excellent choice as it was close to just about everything. The farthest away was the Vatican, but we even walked back from it. Took about 30-40 minutes I think.

We had a quad room, and it was very spacious with plenty of walk around room for all four of us. The bathroom was also spacious with a large (and high) tub. The shower portion of the tub was on one end with a short glass wall. It was hard not to splash water on the floor, but a very minor issue.

The rooftop eating area was lovely. Although there was an occasional pigeon, they did not interfere with us and our food thankfully. Breakfast consisted of juices, coffee, tea, pastries, bread, cakes/sweetbreads, yogurt, fruit, meats and possibly a few other items I can't remember.

All in all, I would not hesitate to stay there again. Hope this helps!

I am really happy with my choice and I thank you for the info!!

We are back from our stay at Albergo Cesari (pre-cruise on TA). The hotel was in a great location – no doubt about it. Midway between Pantheon and Trevi fountain, I would say. You could definitely walk to the Coliseum, although the Vatican would be too far a walk for me. We had two rooms, one a double but just used by my sister, and one a triple for me my sister and my brother. The triple room was #33. It was very spacious by European standards. There was a king size bed and a twin bed. The bathroom was of decent size and had a great shower (other than water spilling onto the floor). There were nice toiletries. This room faced the side street of the hotel with a window. I did not find it to be too noisy, but my brother said he heard sirens during the night. The hotel staff was wonderful – really a lot of fun which has not been my experience in many other European hotels.

The bill was exactly as originally quoted. I booked on the hotel's website. They even let us split the bill using separate credit cards.

The rooftop bar/breakfast area was better than I have experienced before. It was wonderful looking out over all the rooftops and the churches in the background. The food was typical breakfast fair sliced meats cheeses, bagels, yogurt, etc.

Our king bed was fairly comfortable, kind of lopsided, but I did sleep. I would stay at this hotel again, mostly for the wonderful location.

Great to Know about the pricing and credit card. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and am looking forward to mine!! The main draw for us is the location but I loved the idea of the rooftop area. A nice glass of wine in the evening re-capping our days sounds wonderful!!!

Thank you for the input!!

For those staying at this hotel, here's a good restaurant if you want to sample Roman fare: Armando al Pantheon.

If you face the Pantheon, it's on the street to the right, near the pre-mentioned taxi rank. It's a small place. Reservations are definitely needed, and you can make them via their website. The website is in Italian, but pretty easy to figure out. Their menus are there, too.

Every time I go to Rome, I make one of my dinners there. I am always treated well (important for me as a solo traveler), and the food has not disappointed.

For those staying at this hotel, here's a good restaurant if you want to sample Roman fare: Armando al Pantheon.

If you face the Pantheon, it's on the street to the right, near the pre-mentioned taxi rank. It's a small place. Reservations are definitely needed, and you can make them via their website. The website is in Italian, but pretty easy to figure out. Their menus are there, too.

Every time I go to Rome, I make one of my dinners there. I am always treated well (important for me as a solo traveler), and the food has not disappointed.

Thanks for the tip.. the menu looks good. Would this restaurant be reasonably priced for a family of four? (my reasonable would be about $25 per person. Thanks

Edited by kimkencruzers

Thanks for the tip.. the menu looks good. Would this restaurant be reasonably priced for a family of four? (my reasonable would be about $25 per person. Thanks

It would be more than that. Just for me, this last time:

fresh artichoke appetizer

bruschetta of the day (boy, was it good!)

gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce (the pasta of the day)

slice of their torte for dessert

2 glasses of wine

1 large, 1 small bottle of water (what can I say - I was thirsty)

I was out of there for 46EU all-in just for myself. I just double-checked the receipt… They do a lunch also, so that could be less expensive...

Edited by slidergirl