Albergo Cesari questions

TSUmom

The "discount" is available to anyone, the amount of the discount is based on how many days you stay. You don't have to write a review.

I take TA reviews with a grain of salt. Some people just cannot be pleased no matter what. People also tend to write a review only when they have a negative experience only, so the whole thing is skewed.

European hotels are smaller and different than US hotels and if you plan on staying in a small, historic, boutique hotel, than you must adjust one's expectation going in. For me, a clean room is always expected because there is no excuse for that, but tiny rooms, beds, bathrooms, power that shuts off when I leave the room and hard beds are the what I expect in Europe (in my experience).

I see you have a family of four like I do. I found it very hard to find a hotel that will accommodate four in one room, so I was very pleased to find that not only did Albergo have a superior location, wifi and breakfast, it had quad rooms at a decent price. Like I said on a previous post, my rate has more than doubled, so I wouldn't wait too long for a quad room because of supply and demand.

Thanks KimKen...

We will book two rooms as our 'kids' are 17 and 20 so more space is warranted and also good when you are trying to overcome jet lag and the 20 year old just wants to sleep!

The 5% discount apparently (at least according to their website) is for those who either pay cash, write a TA review or Like them on Facebook. Think it says you get a refund at a later date (once you do it) on your credit card for the latter two. Just think that's a bit odd but I've seen it elsewhere as well. Just makes me discount the reviews more.

And I agree with you on the difference between European and US hotels. But cleanliness, especially in the bathroom, is not negotiable for me either and some note that the showers are quite moldy and the rooms smell musty.

But for one night at a good price and great locaiton I may go for it anyway.

Thanks KimKen...

We will book two rooms as our 'kids' are 17 and 20 so more space is warranted and also good when you are trying to overcome jet lag and the 20 year old just wants to sleep!

The 5% discount apparently (at least according to their website) is for those who either pay cash, write a TA review or Like them on Facebook. Think it says you get a refund at a later date (once you do it) on your credit card for the latter two. Just think that's a bit odd but I've seen it elsewhere as well. Just makes me discount the reviews more.

And I agree with you on the difference between European and US hotels. But cleanliness, especially in the bathroom, is not negotiable for me either and some note that the showers are quite moldy and the rooms smell musty.

But for one night at a good price and great location I may go for it anyway.

Thanks for pointing this out! I went back to my old confirmation letter and indeed it says the below except "paying in cash" in new and has been added.

5% DISCOUNT 1 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY + FREE WELCOME DRINKVALID FROM 06/06/2013 to 31/12/2019

= INFO ABOUT THE OFFER...

Get NOW your SPECIAL OFFER and at departure choose one:

- payment in cash

- subscribe to our newsletter

- leave your comment in our Guestbook

- write a comment on "Tripadvisor"

-"like" us on facebook

I completely skimmed by this and didn't see this at all. You have taught me to read the fine print more carefully! I am more than happy to do one of the above for 5% discount, and at least they say just to leave a review.. not necessarily a favorable one!

And does anyone else find it a bit disconcerting that some hotels offer a 5% discount to guests who write a TA review or "Like" them on Facebook. Albergo Cesari does as does Hotel Campo de Fiori. Just makes you wonder whether the positive reviews are really warranted.
While the idea of internet review sites, like TA, seemed great at first it's now passe. It is impossible for TA to fully monitor the site and the reviews submitted and there are too many sophisticated (and relatively inexpensive) ways for business owners to manipulate the results. The best you can hope for by reading them is to get a bit of insight about the facilities that will help you decide if it's a place you might be comfortable in.

While the idea of internet review sites, like TA, seemed great at first it's now passe. It is impossible for TA to fully monitor the site and the reviews submitted and there are too many sophisticated (and relatively inexpensive) ways for business owners to manipulate the results. The best you can hope for by reading them is to get a bit of insight about the facilities that will help you decide if it's a place you might be comfortable in.

I totally agree. Not just the one-hit wonders, but if you read enough of them, they don't sound like real travelers wrote them. There's a kind of jargon and almost awkward use of language that starts coming through. By contrast, I trust people here on Cruise Critic who have many posts to their name.

For those of you making reservations far in advance, I would recommend looking at the rate once in a while to check the price. The rate dropped when I checked it a few months ago 30 euro so I emailed albergo and they updated my reservation. It has since tripled in rate. Im assuming its because i have a quad room reserved and there are only a few of them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Excellent advice! I just looked at the rates and ours has gone UP about 200 euros (for three nights) since we booked :eek:, so I'm glad we booked early!

Thanks for pointing this out! I went back to my old confirmation letter and indeed it says the below except "paying in cash" in new and has been added.

5% DISCOUNT 1 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY + FREE WELCOME DRINKVALID FROM 06/06/2013 to 31/12/2019

- payment in cash

-"like" us on facebook

I completely skimmed by this and didn't see this at all. You have taught me to read the fine print more carefully! I am more than happy to do one of the above for 5% discount, and at least they say just to leave a review.. not necessarily a favorable one!

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't realize this either so I checked my confirmation and went to their website for clarification. Sure enough - there it is:

7% DISCOUNT 3 NIGHTS MINIMUM STAY + FREE WELCOME DRINK

VALID FROM 06/06/2013 to 31/12/2019

- payment in cash

-"like" us on facebook

Don't know how I feel about this actually.....

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't realize this either so I checked my confirmation and went to their website for clarification. Sure enough - there it is:

7% DISCOUNT 3 NIGHTS MINIMUM STAY + FREE WELCOME DRINK

VALID FROM 06/06/2013 to 31/12/2019

- payment in cash

-"like" us on facebook

Don't know how I feel about this actually.....

I saw this when we booked. It says "choose one;" I have no problem leaving a comment in their Guestbook. Am I missing something?

I saw this when we booked. It says "choose one;" I have no problem leaving a comment in their Guestbook. Am I missing something?

I had this same option at another hotel. I just subscribed to their newsletter, thinking I could cancel in the future. I never received one email from them.

Just to comment on the Albergo Cesari bathrooms. Ours was super clean. However, the glass used as a partition in the shower kept coming loose and spilling water on the floor. The toilet was also a little weird and would not always flush the first time. But, let me stress that I loved, loved, loved this hotel and would stay there again in a minute. I only mention this in case someone is picky about their bathroom.

I had this same option at another hotel. I just subscribed to their newsletter, thinking I could cancel in the future. I never received one email from them.

Just to comment on the Albergo Cesari bathrooms. Ours was super clean. However, the glass used as a partition in the shower kept coming loose and spilling water on the floor. The toilet was also a little weird and would not always flush the first time. But, let me stress that I loved, loved, loved this hotel and would stay there again in a minute. I only mention this in case someone is picky about their bathroom.

Thank you for the input. We are staying there primarily for the location and although I would love a 5 star hotel I want to take in as much as possible and stay right in the heart of Rome. I am not too picky but I do like things to be clean. Again thanks.

Thank you for the input. We are staying there primarily for the location and although I would love a 5 star hotel I want to take in as much as possible and stay right in the heart of Rome. I am not too picky but I do like things to be clean. Again thanks.

You will be happy with this hotel. Excellent location and the roof-top terrace is wonderful.

Excellent advice! I just looked at the rates and ours has gone UP about 200 euros (for three nights) since we booked :eek:, so I'm glad we booked early!

I should agree, same over here.

I trust more to the review here on CruiseCritic rather the one on Trip Advisor!

I am also considering this hotel for my family of four, pre-cruise. Seeing as it is centrally located, how noisy is it at night? We stayed in a B&B just off of the Piazza Navona 2 years ago and the noise at night was ridiculous.

I am also considering this hotel for my family of four, pre-cruise. Seeing as it is centrally located, how noisy is it at night? We stayed in a B&B just off of the Piazza Navona 2 years ago and the noise at night was ridiculous.

We were on the third floor, on the side of the hotel. I don't remember any noise. We stayed three days and were very tired every night. There are shutters, good windows, and privacy curtains (shutters?). There is not a lot of car traffic at the Albergo Cesari, mostly foot traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the third floor, on the side of the hotel. I don't remember any noise. We stayed three days and were very tired every night. There are shutters, good windows, and privacy curtains (shutters?). There is not a lot of car traffic at the Albergo Cesari, mostly foot traffic.

I will be staying at the Albergo Cesari in May and looking at pictures of the hotel, I see that the entrance is not off of a street. Just wondering how we get to the hotel. Can cabs pull up to a entrance at the back? If not, how do we get our luggage to the hotel?

I will be staying at the Albergo Cesari in May and looking at pictures of the hotel, I see that the entrance is not off of a street. Just wondering how we get to the hotel. Can cabs pull up to a entrance at the back? If not, how do we get our luggage to the hotel?

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

The hotel is off a small street. Traffic is restricted but a taxi can still pull up to the door. Many is the time I've had to flatten myself practically against a building to let a taxi or car get by in that same area.

Edited by cruisemom42

Taxis and limos can go on the road on the East side of the Piazza di Pietra. This is 20 feet from the entrance to the Albergo Cesari.

Edited by NCruiser2012

Thank you, NCruiser2012...the picture that I saw of the hotel did not show any cars.

The actual street that the Cesari is on is pedestrian only, so you would not see any cars. The Piazza di Pietra is sometimes crazy with taxis and delivery vehicles. This is not a problem for pedestrians. It is just like crossing a street and then the rest of the Piazza is vehicle-free.

If you see a picture of the Albergo Cesari, as you face the front entrance, to the right, you will see a slight opening before you see the Temple of Hadrian. That is the road where your cab/limo will drop you off.

You all make me want to visit the Albergo Cesari again. Just a hint, in the morning they will make you a latte if you ask. Their regular coffee is quite good also. I believe it was Tazza d' Oro coffee. They also had a thermos of warm milk in the morning. I loved sitting on the rooftop terrace, drinking my coffee.

Edited by NCruiser2012

We were looking at this for our 4 night pre cruise in Rome. Our first MSC cruise Nov 2 with cruise friends for 11 nights. So excited.

DH studied in Rome during college and went back couple times, my first. He prefers to stay historic center. We saw price of about 200 per night.

Any other places , maybe 150 per night?

We were looking at this for our 4 night pre cruise in Rome. Our first MSC cruise Nov 2 with cruise friends for 11 nights. So excited.

DH studied in Rome during college and went back couple times, my first. He prefers to stay historic center. We saw price of about 200 per night.

This is the apartment I was mentioning: VRBO Listing #3169042ha

• 5 weeks later...

We are also looking forward to staying at the Albergo Cesari in October. I have had a question concerning luggage storage that I have asked in several emails to them and have not received a reply. Does anyone know if they will store our luggage until check in time. Our flight arrives at 7:30 am and we would like to begin seeing the sights as soon as we can.

We are also looking forward to staying at the Albergo Cesari in October. I have had a question concerning luggage storage that I have asked in several emails to them and have not received a reply. Does anyone know if they will store our luggage until check in time. Our flight arrives at 7:30 am and we would like to begin seeing the sights as soon as we can.

I can't say for the Cesari in particular, but I have never been to a hotel in Europe that wouldn't store our luggage.

Once in Pisa, we stayed one night in a hotel, and they kept our (large) luggage for a week while we backpacked. I really don't see you having a problem.