Albergo Cesari questions

TSUmom

We are also looking forward to staying at the Albergo Cesari in October. I have had a question concerning luggage storage that I have asked in several emails to them and have not received a reply. Does anyone know if they will store our luggage until check in time. Our flight arrives at 7:30 am and we would like to begin seeing the sights as soon as we can.

I do have experience with this. The Albergo Cesari has a closet to store luggage. We were checking out of the hotel and had a few hours before leaving for the ship. There were six of us, so all our luggage could not fit in the closet. We each had one suitcase and a carry-on, so that was twelve pieces of luggage. The hotel suggested that we just leave the luggage in the lounge area. This concerned me because there are washrooms off this room and the room is near the elevator. I did not think security was tight enough, so we took turns watching the luggage. It was no big deal, since we only had a couple hours to wait. If I were to be gone all day, I would ask if there was someplace else to store the luggage.

Can we make transportaton arrangment to/from the ship and the airport through the hotel?

We are booked with them for this fall. When we booked, I received an email from them that offered us the option of arranging transportation through them from the airport to the hotel (and back, but we won't need that since we are getting on a TA).

As for getting to the ship, you can ask them. I presume you know it's about 90mins-2 hours to Civitavecchia. You might inquire on your Roll Call about getting a group together (if others are in the same hotel or nearby) and booking directly with one of the well-regarded services on here, like Romeinlimo.com or Rome Cabs.

We are booked with them for this fall. When we booked, I received an email from them that offered us the option of arranging transportation through them from the airport to the hotel (and back, but we won't need that since we are getting on a TA).

As for getting to the ship, you can ask them. I presume you know it's about 90mins-2 hours to Civitavecchia. You might inquire on your Roll Call about getting a group together (if others are in the same hotel or nearby) and booking directly with one of the well-regarded services on here, like Romeinlimo.com or Rome Cabs.

We also had the offer of airport pick up and will be using them. As far as transportation to the port we are looking into one the other services you mentioned.

Does anyone know if Albergo takes your passports to hold? Last time we were in Rome, (20 years ago LOL!) the hotel held our passports for the length of our stay.

Also, does anyone know if Albergo has safes in the room or a safe at the front desk?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if Albergo takes your passports to hold? Last time we were in Rome, (20 years ago LOL!) the hotel held our passports for the length of our stay.

Also, does anyone know if Albergo has safes in the room or a safe at the front desk?

Thanks!

The hotel will look at your passports. I know in Barcelona they copied our passports. I don't remember if the Albergo Cesari copied the passports, but the hotel gave them right back to us. The hotel has nice safes in the room. The only old fashioned thing is the key. It is huge and you must give it to the desk before you leave the hotel and retrieve it when you get back.

Hotels in Rome don't hold your passport for the entire stay, at least not in my experience. They ask for them when you check in and sometimes must hold onto them for a few minutes until they have a chance to register you with the local police department (which is the reason they ask for the passports).

Sometimes, if they aren't busy, they can do this while you are waiting. Other times I've had the hotel ask me to return in a few minutes (up to a half hour later) to retrieve my passport.

• 2 weeks later...
:)

Do you remember how much it cost?

The hotel used to list the cost of airport transportation as an option when you book, but I see that this is no longer the case. The website still offers airport transportation, though. We paid 80 Euros for 6 people.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Rome and 2 days at the Cesari pre cruise. Our stay was wonderful, met or exceeded our expectations even with the good reviews here. Rooms were clean and comfortable and nicely air conditioned. the roof deck was perfect for evening cocktails as well as AM breakfast. But the best part was the recommendations for our 2 dinners by the front desk staff. Both were wonderful, only a block or so from the hotel with great food and service and a real Italian, less touristy ambiance. Plus, the location couldn't be better for sightseeing, it's an easy walk to almost all the major sights. We heartily recommend this hotel.

Just back from Rome and 2 days at the Cesari pre cruise. Our stay was wonderful, met or exceeded our expectations even with the good reviews here. Rooms were clean and comfortable and nicely air conditioned. the roof deck was perfect for evening cocktails as well as AM breakfast. But the best part was the recommendations for our 2 dinners by the front desk staff. Both were wonderful, only a block or so from the hotel with great food and service and a real Italian, less touristy ambiance. Plus, the location couldn't be better for sightseeing, it's an easy walk to almost all the major sights. We heartily recommend this hotel.

Do you recall the names of the restaurants? Would love to add them to my list to visit when there in October. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this, and glad you had such a great time. We'll be staying at the Cesari in October (same TA as cpl100 right above). It's great to know we can count on the hotel staff for some good dinner recommendations.

(I suspect we won't be needing the a/c in our rooms, though. :) )

Thanks for posting this, and glad you had such a great time. We'll be staying at the Cesari in October (same TA as cpl100 right above). It's great to know we can count on the hotel staff for some good dinner recommendations.

(I suspect we won't be needing the a/c in our rooms, though. :) )

**wavng hi**

Do you recall the names of the restaurants? Would love to add them to my list to visit when there in October. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I don't, but if the hotel staff doesn't send you to the same ones, I'm sure you can trust their other recommendations. Make sure to have a drink on the roof terrace at sunset --- Beautiful! Also, there is a lovely little store just across the square in front of the hotel, over to the right --- it sells the most delicious sandwiches as well as cold drinks, etc., at a reasonable price. Check it out.