Jewel Dry Dock

leepep

Bob-

Does Jewel have the flat-screened tvs, or those giant, obnoxious CRT-looking ones? Hope that I won't have to wait for 2016 drydock for a modern television set (not that anyone spends a whole lot of time in the cabin...)!

Sorry, I don't recall anyone reporting on the TV type on Jewel. My guess is that there's a mixture as they probably replace failed CRTs with flat screens.

Sorry, I don't recall anyone reporting on the TV type on Jewel. My guess is that there's a mixture as they probably replace failed CRTs with flat screens.

You're probably right about that. Let me post my question on the thread of one of our recently disembarked Jewel cruisers, and see what responses I get.

You're probably right about that. Let me post my question on the thread of one of our recently disembarked Jewel cruisers, and see what responses I get.

I'm curious myself, so please come back and post what you learn.

I actually wish they never upgraded it. Packing it with specialty restaurants doesnt thrill me. I absolutely prefer the Seaview cafe. While of course flat screens are way better I dont really mind. I try to spend the last time possible at the cabin.

Bob-

Does Jewel have the flat-screened tvs, or those giant, obnoxious CRT-looking ones? Hope that I won't have to wait for 2016 drydock for a modern television set (not that anyone spends a whole lot of time in the cabin...)!

I was on the Jewel this past August. We were in a D1 hump cabin (loved it) and we had a flat screen TV!

I have been on the Serenade and Jewel and love the Seaview cafe. The food there is actually pretty good, and the view is perfect.

I am saddened that they have removed that place for yet another premium revenue generating restaurant.

Bob-

We had a CRT in an Aft D 2 , I'm fairly certain it's as Bob said- old TVs unless they have to switch one out. Luck of the draw I'd say! I don't care, as I rarely turn it on ( did during the Boston Marathon bombings while I was on Allure though, and was glad to have it) but the old ones take up a boatload of counter space:(

• 4 months later...