What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

I maybe a Redneck.

I thought the muster station was a condiment bar for hot dogs.

I ate & drank so much on my last cruise that I do not have a shirt that covers my belly

I took my wife on our first cruise and we circled Dairy Queen

Had to laugh out loud when I read your post. Just wondering---Do kids still cruise on Friday nights---around Dairy Queen, McDonald's, or the courthouse square??

In 2001, my DW and I adopted the first of what turned out to be four older children from China; three are now seniors at university and the fourth is in the Navy. So, for close to ten years we were making fairly regular trips to China. In Chinese, my name, David, is rendered as Dawei and pronounced as Dah WAY. Don't know what made me think of that when I joined CC and needed a handle ;)

Well, when I am not cruising, my DH, says I am a TOAD. His translation of this means I am grumpy and either always working, planning my next cruise, or on cruise critic reading about cruising. Soooooo, since you are currently reading this, I imagine you can guess I am not currently cruising!

AHOY SHIPMATES,

age 74, Retired, 23 YRS IN NAVY, Naturally I wanted to be "Ancient Mariner" but it was taken. (I have never seen a post from him ) so I thought a while and came up with ANTIQUE SAILOR. DW was watching that antique show on TV at the time.

gary

LOL....Cute.

script_ohio_header.jpg

“Script Ohio” has been an Ohio State University tradition going on 77 years. Begun in 1936, “Script Ohio” includes a revolving block “O” at the beginning, the curved formation of the word “Ohio,” and the “dotting of the I” by the sousaphone player.

More history: http://library.osu.edu/projects/OSUvsMichigan/scriptohio.htm

Thanks Script Ohio for the links to OSU marching band music. I remember the days even after 50 plus years.

As most would guess, my "handle" of oldpharmguy means I am OLD. graduate of OSU Pharmacy School and my last name is GUY.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

age 74, Retired, 23 YRS IN NAVY, Naturally I wanted to be "Ancient Mariner" but it was taken. (I have never seen a post from him ) so I thought a while and came up with ANTIQUE SAILOR. DW was watching that antique show on TV at the time.

gary

Though I respect that you may have been disappointed not to be able to choose "Ancient Mariner," I personally think Antique Sailor is much more creative, and very witty! And it goes perfectly with your photo... errr, avatar? (whatever it's called...:confused:)

though i respect that you may have been disappointed not to be able to choose "ancient mariner," i personally think antique sailor is much more creative, and very witty! and it goes perfectly with your photo... Errr, avatar? (whatever it's called...:confused:)

ahoy shipmate,

thank you, misson accomplished

Being a retired surgeon I wanted to be scalpel as an e-mail handle but it was taken so I dropped an "L" and tried "scapel" and it worked and it has been going pretty good. Once I tried to get on "Skype" as "scapel" but it wouldn't fly so my son suggested I try "scapelwan" and it worked. Here is how "wan" came about.

My son as a child used to like "Star Wars". When he was born he was Joseph B Reynolds IV. My father was called "J.B", so I thought we would call him "JoeB". Well his other 6 siblings ran with that and pretty soon he was known as "Joby". Now in StarWars stuff he named himself "JobywanKnobie".

He is also known as "JobyWan" So that is where the "wan" came from.

If you type "scapelwan" in google search bar you will find "you tube" videos.

That is the story of two handles and how they came about.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

gary

FYI, she has been a member since 2005, posts mostly on the Crystal forum, and will be on my upcoming B2B.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

We now own our third and fourth dalmatian, but a long time ago, after the first died, we brought a springer spaniel into our home. springer760 was chosen to remember him, a special and favorite dog. The numbers were chosen at random to provide the uniqueness required for a username. It is now me.

On our 2nd cruise we heard about Cruise Critic. My husband had retired as a Fire Fighter of 31 years, so we became Fire31. Unfortunately we are not together and I guess I will need to choose a new handle because I will continue to cruise.