2 night cruise to nowhere....

Where does it go? I know it goes out to sea, no ports etc, but does it go as high as Newcastle then loop back down or just straight out to sea and not along the coast? Hoping for straight out to sea because we love the sea view and not being able to see the coastline.

If they stay in sight of land you could always go to the other side of the ship and look out:D:D:D

Its usually a day anchored in Jervis Bay.

No they don't anchor in Jervis Bay. They were doing that, however there were complaints that if they were to do that it should be advertised as a destination, i.e. it is a cruise to 'somewhere'. Now the ships will sail on or off the coast, usually following the best weather for the comfort and enjoyment of passangers. The anchoring in Jervis Bay stopped a year or so ago.

I googled where is Radiance of the Seas and there were a couple of sites that you can follow the progress of the ship. I then went to Marine.com site and the position, speed, wind etc came up. Also you can track its progress. The current cruise to nowhere of the Radiance has cruised up to Port Stephens and is turning further to sea last time I looked. Excellent site.

I googled where is Radiance of the Seas and there were a couple of sites that you can follow the progress of the ship. I then went to Marine.com site and the position, speed, wind etc came up. Also you can track its progress. The current cruise to nowhere of the Radiance has cruised up to Port Stephens and is turning further to sea last time I looked. Excellent site.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Off the coast at Newcastle at the moment .Speed down to 2 knots so just chilling out and drifting around...:D

It will go whereve the skipper thinks is calmest waters and least fuel useage. I think ours have usually ended up somewhere around Taree before turning around, and I think always in far distant view of the shore.

Bear in mind many people consider a 2 night cruise to nowhere as an excuse to party so if you've not cruised before do not confuse a two nighter with a longer cruise, where people tend to be rather more sedate.

And if you do want to party, do it on the second night , not the first. People who party on the first miss the fun of the sea day with their hangovers. Better to work on that the second night and recover back at home.

An update, got off the 2 night Radiance cruise to nowhere. Yes, we went up the coast and the reason we were just seeming to float around was because the ship and Search and Rescue Australia were doing practice sessions. Radiance deployed their little boat and a plane circled and dropped a package that had to be collected.

While out on the boat the crew ended up being surrounded by Dolphins and proceeded to play with them for about an hour I guess. At one stage I counted 20 Dolphins and think there were more. The crew were having a ball.

An update, got off the 2 night Radiance cruise to nowhere. Yes, we went up the coast and the reason we were just seeming to float around was because the ship and Search and Rescue Australia were doing practice sessions. Radiance deployed their little boat and a plane circled and dropped a package that had to be collected.

While out on the boat the crew ended up being surrounded by Dolphins and proceeded to play with them for about an hour I guess. At one stage I counted 20 Dolphins and think there were more. The crew were having a ball.

How amazing. It must have been wonderful to watch..:):)

That would have been cool to watch :cool:

Archived