Riviera new cruisers

crisby

Oooh Mike, you are a troublemaker. Luckily, Bill is very frugal and won't want to pay the extra airfare for his clubs, or worse yet pay for rentals. And I had to be very careful to only book the excursions that would have us back onboard so we can have lunch on the ship, since it is included in the cruise price. So 4 &. 1/2 hour "tours" would be too long.

But I will encourage him to spend some quality time at the mini putt on the upper deck.;)

Chris

If you could just let Bill know I tried! For info purposes only, I know golf in the Caribbean is expensive, but we did play on our last Celebrity cruise at a beautiful course in Jamaica, and for transportation, greens fee, new Taylor Made clubs, shoes (I brought mine), caddy, sleeve of balls...it was only $129pp, which realistically is a pretty good deal in the islands. Just FYI of course.

Have a great cruise, Bill will have a super time with or without the little white ball.

Mike

I am finding myself confused and maybe someone here can help.

We are boarding Riviera 11/6 in Istanbul. Ship will be docked overnight and sails at 6 pm on the 7th. We have a touring day planned with a favorite guide on the 7th.

From this thread it would appear that the drill will occur prior to sailaway at 5 pm that day? Does anyone know or have an educated guess? ( We will need to plot out when to get back to the ship.)

Thoughts, anyone? Thanks!

Donna

We are boarding Riviera 11/6 in Istanbul. Ship will be docked overnight and sails at 6 pm on the 7th. We have a touring day planned with a favorite guide on the 7th.

From this thread it would appear that the drill will occur prior to sailaway at 5 pm that day? Does anyone know or have an educated guess? ( We will need to plot out when to get back to the ship.)

Donna

You will need to be ONBOARD before 5:30pm if the ship sail at 6pm so they will probably have the drill at 5:30pm sometimes it may be 5:15pm

You will need to be ONBOARD before 5:30pm if the ship sail at 6pm so they will probably have the drill at 5:30pm sometimes it may be 5:15pm

Passengers are required to be on the ship no less than one full hour before Sailing on embarkation Day.

Donna

Safety drill aside, you do NOT want to board any later than 5 PM.

Caveat - keeping the notoriously awful Istanbul traffic in mind, I would shoot for 4 PM.

Responding to both Lyn and Jim,

For some time now I have thought it was two hours -- I'm talking about international ports. If it's one hour, I'm happy with that! Usually we board early so we can chow down for lunch.

I just would like to be sure my timing is correct. Of course, if I'm thinking two hours and it's only one, it's hard to see who we'd be in trouble!

Back in 2009 we were supposed to be on board Regatta (in Miami) at 4pm but I had to get a new passport at the last minute, and because of various problems we didn't leave the Passport Bureau until around 5pm for a 6pm departure.

When we were checking in there was another couple who'd been flying down from Boston that day and had flight delays. We were the only people checking in at that very late time.

We were breathing hard but then came the announcement that they were boarding "stores" which seemed a good reason to delay departure. So we were on board in plenty of time.

Back then, they were able to have the boat drill after departure which is what I recall happened.

Our BCN-Rio departure is supposedly 6pm but we plan on being on board in time for LUNCH so the 1-2 hour requirement really isn't pertinent ... I'm just curious about future cruises.

Mura

Safety drill aside, you do NOT want to board any later than 5 PM.

Caveat - keeping the notoriously awful Istanbul traffic in mind, I would shoot for 4 PM.

Having been stuck in Istanbul traffic more than once, I agree with Paul!

You do NOT want to push it!

Mura

Responding to both Lyn and Jim,

For some time now I have thought it was two hours -- I'm talking about international ports. If it's one hour, I'm happy with that! Usually we board early so we can chow down for lunch.

I just would like to be sure my timing is correct. Of course, if I'm thinking two hours and it's only one, it's hard to see who we'd be in trouble!

Mura

Hopefully someone will post current boarding time for non U.S. ports it should be noted in the Cruise personalizer or the final documents

We have no cruises until next May ...we will see you onboard ;)

Lyn

Archived