Samba Grill on the Allure of the Seas ?'s

rcrdale

My wife and I ate at Fogo de Chao Brazillian Steakhouse in Baltimore MD recently and absolutely loved it. Thinking of trying Samba Grill on the Allure as it is also a Brazillian steakhouse.

Just trying to find out what people's impressions were with the meat served at Samba Grill? Also, where is it located on the Allure. I think I read somewhere that the place is only Samba Grill for dinner, for breakfast and lunch it is called something else.

Thanks for any information you may have.

My wife and I ate at Fogo de Chao Brazillian Steakhouse in Baltimore MD recently and absolutely loved it. Thinking of trying Samba Grill on the Allure as it is also a Brazillian steakhouse.

Just trying to find out what people's impressions were with the meat served at Samba Grill? Also, where is it located on the Allure. I think I read somewhere that the place is only Samba Grill for dinner, for breakfast and lunch it is called something else.

Samba is the Solarium Cafe for breakfast and lunch, deck 15 forward.

We love Samba. Wish all of the ships had one.

As the title says, we had a "meh" experience at Samba. We picked it as a late replacement for the dining room on Day 6 of our Allure cruise. The reservations person on the ship would not give us any of our desired times, but when we arrived, the place was virtually deserted.

The décor was not demonstrably changed from its daytime look as the Solarium. However, there was a scantily-clad exotic dancer that attempted to teach some samba steps (my wife made me get up and dance with her;)).

The meats were just okay. The picanha, usually my favorite cut at the Brazilian steakhouses, was dry and flavorless. The steak cuts were overdone and the pork was just okay. Despite that there were not many people in the place, the servers were few and far between.

I appreciate that RCI is trying to bring some new flavors and ideas to the Allure, but I think the food falls as flat as the faux Mexican food in Rita's. Save your extra money for another shot at Chop's or Giovanni's, or go all out at the Chef's Table (well worth the money). This is not a Fogo de Chao, or even a Fire of Brazil or Red and Green.

I tried all the specialty restaurants on Allure and Samba was by far my least favorite. If you like meat well done you will be in heaven, but if you like a proper medium rare avoid Samba Grill. Samba is all about quantity over quality - the only flavor from the low end, dry, overcooked meat came from the sauce you put over it. I also felt the ambiance cheesy and the service amateur.

Wow, either some folks have high expectations or I have low. :)

I thought the Samba was a great experience last year on the Allure. We have it booked again on our cruise in 2 weeks.

It was not as good as an upscale land Brazilian steakhouse but it suited us just fine. It was a nice alternative dining experience. And the scantily clad dancer didnt bother me at ALL! :D

I also found the meat over cooked, I prefer no more than medium rare, meat was barely pink and of course that dries it out.

One thing I really did enjoy was the appetizer buffet, lots of great food, I ended up eating more from there than the food the gauchos brought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I went there on my last cruise and had dinner with 8 friends. We were all very disappointed with our meals. The salad bar was great, but all of the meat was overcooked and very dry. We asked for a full refund and after talking with management they refunded our money.

I loved the Chef's Table, Giovanni's a and Chops on the Allure.

You will love it.

Now you all have me re-thinking what I am going to do. :confused:

After eating at Fogo De Chau, it sounds like I will be very disappointed. I love my meat medium rare and most here have said that the meat is overcooked. Sounds like I will have to find something else to try.

Thanks to all for the information.

I haven't read your replies, but the one thing I will add is the Samba being in the Solarium is great, except right around sunset if your ship is heading into the sunset. Our first cruise on the Eastern Itinerary our reservation was around Sunset on Friday as the ship was heading east bound back to Florida. For about an hour it was very uncomfortable for about 1/3 the people.

I love my meat medium rare and most here have said that the meat is overcooked. Sounds like I will have to find something else to try.

I've heard as many people say it was undercooked. My own experience was, I checked it out as the they approached. I saw some that varied. The sausage type meat was the only one I had that was definitely fully cooked and it was better than expected.

Our experience was great with the meat not overdone. The lamb chops were some of the best I have ever had. The soup and salad bar was also good. It is not Fogo de Chao, but pretty good. I liked the location also. We enjoyed the breakfast and lunch area there during the day.

I would suggest that you try it and form your own opinion vs taking the spectrum of ones here, then report back to us! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Samba twice on my last Allure cruise (20 Oct). The food there was excellent. Every single item was fresh, perfectly cooked, and quite juicy. Even the pork (which at most places is dried out) was excellent. Nothing was dried out at all.

In fact we went on the second night of the cruise as part of the Allure Choice package, and we also had received a specialty restaurant from our TA and ate their again on the last night.

I have been to Fogo De Chao, Texas De Brazil, and a few local places here in Massachusetts, and I can honestly say this meal was right up there with them in terms of food quality and taste. The only negative was the fact that they cannot smoke the meat since it is a cruise ship, but the rubs and marinades were excellent.

I recommend Samba highly!

Now you all have me re-thinking what I am going to do. :confused:

After eating at Fogo De Chau, it sounds like I will be very disappointed. I love my meat medium rare and most here have said that the meat is overcooked. Sounds like I will have to find something else to try.

They will serve you the meat at pretty much any doneness. They bring out the Filets on little plates and you can have it done any way you want. The skewered meats are a tradeoff for me. If you get the outside cut, you get more flavor of the rubs and salts, but if you get the inside cuts it is less cooked. Try a little of both and see what you think.

IMHO not worth the $30 pp supplement. It's nice, but not great, but food is very subjective. I'd have been happy to $20 pp like Giovanni's but not $30. Personally Chops Grille is worth the $30.

We went to Chops, and were very unimpressed. My steak was overcooked and flavorless, and my wife's was undercooked. The waiter tried to convince me that I could not see the color of the meat correctly in the lighting, so therefore I could not accurately judge the doneness of the meat. Give me a break!

The sides are nice, but not worth the money spent.

Archived