FTTF regrets?

TikkiTembo

I don't regret it at all and bought it for my next cruise. Dropping everything in the room was soooo nice. The best part though was priority at guest services, which was unexpected. Now, I'm sure most plan on not having to use guest services (we didn't think we'd use that function) but we were on the dream that got stuck in st marten and had to go numerous times and it saved us hours and hours of time in line. I know you're thinking, that won't happen to me....but we didn't think it would to us either! Seriously, it was the best thing ever to go in front of lines hundreds deep. Well worth the $50.

Seems all are happy with FTTF.

Our last Carnival cruise was just before FTTF began so appreciate this.

So, if I'm understanding correctly ... when we book a suite, FTTF is NOT included? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Correct. Booking a Suite only includes early embark/debark, plus a larger room. Does not include priority dining time, priority tender (if applicable), early access to room, VIP line at Guest Services, etc.

Yes, and I think some of the inconsistency on this matter is related to folks not making sure the porter puts the orange tag on the luggage. Just make sure he does that and everything shows up usually before sailaway, and ours was waiting for us before we got to our room.

Does anybody know which ports do the orange tags and which ports do not?

Purchased FTTF for Tampa soon and want to make sure I am on my toes!:)

that, unfortunately, is the sad truth ...and I told the lady at CCL who called last night in response to my inquiry (the third person who's called!) that for what we paid for the suite, the LEAST CCL could do would include FTTF - you get priority boarding/debarkation, what are they going to lose by adding priority tender, use of the VIP guest line, and guaranteed dining time assignment for the suites .......

and of course, their response is "we only have so many availabilities..." Yes, your availabilities are based on NOT having the platinum/diamond passengers sailing on that particular cruise! It's a numbers game, and when they have their numbers straight, that's it.....

I WILL buy it in the future, but they can kiss my ever getting a suite again goodbye....

With CCL, all you get with a Suite is a larger room and early embark/debark. Not really any Suite perks. You have to book RCCL, NCL, or any of the other main cruise lines to actually see any Suite perks. But you definitely pay a price for these. I speak of experience with RCCL Suites vs. CCL Suites.

on our next cruise. :confused: But we have already purchased it for the one after that. ;) Our next cruise is on Fantasy out of Charleston, just my wife and me. Several factors here for not using it. Not much to carry on for just the two of us for a five day cruise. Also, the method of unloading the parking lot before new cruisers can enter won't allow us to get on as early as we have in Miami. But on the Truimph out of Galveston we will use it again for sure, because we are travelling with our triplets for a spring break cruise. We have a lot of unpacking and getting situated that first day, so it will give us the extra time to do that, and still have a relaxing lunch, book any last minute excursions, get to know this ship with the kids, enjoy sailaway, have dinner in MDR and just be more relaxed not waiting in embark lines with the kids. So I suppose there are a lot of factors that go into making it "worth it".

About: Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

We have YTD, does this give us priority for that as well/

It doesn't mean head of the line "priority" at the dining room - with FTTF, you received priority in your requested dining time (early, late, YTD) assignment, and the same applies to specialty restaurant reservations - for dates & times.

In Port Canaveral, we used one of the Parking facilities other than the port parking, and the facility did not start checking cars in and heading to the port until after a certain time, I want to say 11. We were on board before 12:00. I personally bought FTTF for the convenience of dropping carry on bags, cameras, and this year I will be adding a CPAP machine to the list of things I will be taking to the room. I did use and enjoyed the other perks included with the purchase such as priority tender (Belize), getting bags early and priority line for guest services. My main interest in FTTF is dropping off the bags early. That to me was worth the $50 alone.

Just keep in mind that most of the parking facilities don't start shuttling to the port until after a certain time and if you purchase the perk to board the ship early solely or mainly, you would have to make other arrangements to getting to the port early.

I will be going on my first cruise in a couple weeks out of port canaveral and bought fttf. We will be returning a car to budget. I think this stinks. Our friends have priority boarding as they have VIP status too. So can you take a cab from there? I planned to drop off the car and be back to the ship by 10-10:30. I can't believe diamonds and other VIPs have to just sit there until the shuttle leaves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I will be going on my first cruise in a couple weeks out of port canaveral and bought fttf. We will be returning a car to budget. I think this stinks. Our friends have priority boarding as they have VIP status too. So can you take a cab from there? I planned to drop off the car and be back to the ship by 10-10:30. I can't believe diamonds and other VIPs have to just sit there until the shuttle leaves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm not sure how the car rental places work as far as how early they start shuttling. You can however take a cab to the port prior to 11 which is when the parking facility starts their shuttles.

You may want to check with your car rental agency and see what time their shuttles start.

Enjoy your first cruise!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

We had it for our Breeze cruise - we had to wait to board because the disembark was delayed, I guess due to a heavy downpour. We still got on before most people and DH said the ease and speed of the disembark at the end was worth it all by itself. Didn't have need of guest services, but the regular line was really long every time we passed by. Unfortunately, it is sold out for our Thanksgiving cruise - we would buy again in a heartbeat

Keep checking the Carnival site for more FTTF to open up. It was sold out for our upcoming cruise and I checked daily in hopes that some would become available and they did. I have heard of people getting it as close as one week prior to their cruise date.

We just returned from a cruise and was very glad we did the FTTF. We arrived at the cruise port about 11:00 and were in our room dropping off our wine and pop by noon. Because you buy FTTF, your room is ready when you board. Also, our luggage was in our room by 1:30, so we had everything unpacked after lunch while everyone was still boarding. I noticed that they were still delivering luggage at 5:00. I didn't think we would need the customer service lines, but we did have to use it a couple of times. Instead of standing in the long line of disgruntled people, we walked right up to the desk. We also had the opportunity to be the first ones to depart the ship, although that wasn't fun, because we didn't want to leave. I didn't use it for getting off the ship, there wasn't a need, nor did we need it for the dinning room, we were always seated right away without it.

We just returned from a 12-day cruise in Mediterranean and purchased FTTF. We also had used carnival transfers from our hotel to the pier. Although our luggage was one of the first on the bus it actually ended up being the last off the bus. We literally were the last 2 people standing beside the bus waiting for our luggage. But from reading here I made sure he put the orange tags on our luggage even though the regular tags do state FTTF on them. Once he took our luggage we went inside the terminal and went straight through to the FTTF line and got checked in and waited with everyone else until boarding time. It was suppose to be 11:30 but at 11:00 they started and we just walked up with maybe 20 or more people and walked right on the ship. We then preceded to just walk up the stairs to our deck 7 balcony room as if we knew just where to go. A room steward saw us and said the rooms weren't ready yet, and my husband told him we had FTTF and he said oh okay yes they were ready. It was so nice to be able to put our carry-ons down and unpack. We then could go up to lido and eat some lunch before the large crowd also got there. When we walked back to our cabin within 45 minutes our luggage was sitting outside our door ready to be unpacked. Since we were portside we watched them loading the remaining luggage all afternoon on the ship. Since there was close to 3,000 passengers, I was glad ours was already onboard and no worries. I loved it!!! Will always purchase it if its available.:)

I saw this asked earlier, but does Tampa have the orange tags from the porter?

We bought FTTF for our December cruise. We have two tender ports, along with wanting to start our vacation as soon as possible. Bringing soda and wine onboard and wanting to get it into our cabin so we can start to relax.

I just have to figure out what time to get to the Port (Baltimore). I don't live too far so getting there shouldn't be too much of a problem. My thing is that I over pack so I really would like my luggage early. I know that they can still misplace a bag but hopefully that won't happen. My goal is to have no more than 3-4 bags for the four of us. I figure since the reviews are so positive that it can't hurt to give it a try.

Depends on where you're driving from. If you're driving from NoVA/DC be sure to add 3 hours to your travel. You never know what the DC traffic/495 will be like :p :D :cool: ;)

On our March cruise we had FTTF. We went to our room right away and it was ready. Luggage was already there so we put our clothes away and then went to the Lido deck for lunch. We were sitting down eating lunch at 11:45. On our next cruise, SIL has mobility issues and we will be tendering in Grand Cayman so we purchased FTTF again so we don't have to deal with a large crowd for the tender and give her plenty of space to get on the tender.

I had FTTF on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore this past summer. When we gave our bags to the porter upon arrival, I asked him if he had FTTF tags to separate our luggage from the rest. He had no idea what I was talking about and put our luggage with all the other. However, our luggage was waiting for us when we went straight to our cabin upon boarding. FTTF was great and flawless and well worth the money we paid for it. I'm sailing on the CP again this January and have already bought FTTF, the best $50 I've ever spent. :)

Only one person in the cabin needs to purchase, correct? Sorry of this had been asked before. More FTTF had been made available. It was sold it earlier.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Correct, only one person per cabin.

Archived