MS Veendam Sailaway from Port Canaveral October 22, 2013

rafinmd

Someone heard you, Scrapnana! Now there's a better view of all the ships!:) I'm going out for an hour or so, I'm so excited. I haven't been up to the mall in over 6 weeks, as it is difficult to walk in my boot, now I am allowed to take it off for an hour or so every day to "wean myself off it", supposed to be in the house, but I'm going stir crazy, so I'm going to put on a real shoe, and go shopping! I've probably missed all the winter clothing, and they're now into Spring!

If it was black (the bird) ,it might have been a cormorant. (sp). They are always in the lagoon diving down for fish.

I think I read the Magic had a rough passage over the Atlantic and had to have repairs--water leak in ceilings?

Ahoy Cruise Addicts from the beautiful MS Eurodam in Boston. All on board time and will be heading to Sea View pool for our sail-away party. Headed to Newport, RI, then Cape Caneveral Saturday and Port Everglades Sunday.

Great cruise. Go Red Sox's!

Ahoy Cruise Addicts from the beautiful MS Eurodam in Boston. All on board time and will be heading to Sea View pool for our sail-away party. Headed to Newport, RI, then Cape Caneveral Saturday and Port Everglades Sunday.

Bon voyage! I'll look for a Boston webcam?

Great cruise. Go Red Sox's!

We'll be watching for you in Port Canaveral.

Roy

The sky looks really threatening. Hopefully it will clear up before sailaway so we can still see the ship.

From the schedule that Roy posted -- the Veendam is scheduled to leave at 8 PM.

That is night time on the east coast.

Hopefully you will have a clear night to see the lights on the ship as she leaves.

Totally dark in Baltimore. We will be seeing a display of lights tonight. The skies over Port Canaveral look better but not great.

I hope at 8PM we'll still have a few toots. It's nothing like Port Everglades but some ships do make noise passing Fishlips.

Roy

I'm very glad to see the Veendam docked where it is. With 2 passenger-carrying ships in the basin, I was sure Veendam would be at one of the terminals. The terminal where the Veendam sits is allocated to RCI, and I wasn't sure if HAL ships would be permitted to use it. There are 2 other terminals used by Carnival ships and I guessed that anybody in the "family" would be at one of them. When the Eurodam visits Port Canaveral next week, there will be 2 Carinval ships in port and I wasn't sure if HAL would be permitted at the RCI or Disney terminals. Clearly, if the Veendam can use the RCI terminal, it shouldn't be a problem for the Eurodam. I wish the Veendam had docked with the bow facing the camera so we could see the lights going out on the bridge as a prelude to sailaway.

Roy

I'm very glad to see the Veendam docked where it is. With 2 passenger-carrying ships in the basin, I was sure Veendam would be at one of the terminals. The terminal where the Veendam sits is allocated to RCI, and I wasn't sure if HAL ships would be permitted to use it. There are 2 other terminals used by Carnival ships and I guessed that anybody in the "family" would be at one of them. When the Eurodam visits Port Canaveral next week, there will be 2 Carinval ships in port and I wasn't sure if HAL would be permitted at the RCI or Disney terminals. Clearly, if the Veendam can use the RCI terminal, it shouldn't be a problem for the Eurodam. I wish the Veendam had docked with the bow facing the camera so we could see the lights going out on the bridge as a prelude to sailaway.

Roy

In the two years I have been watching the Port Canaveral webcam I have never seen anything but a Disney ship at the Disney terminal (I don't think they want to share:eek:).

Moving out - not so easy to know what is going on in the dark!

BTW,what do the passengers do in Port Canaveral?

Probably the biggest things are Orlando theme parks (Disney, Sea World, Universal Studios) and Kennedy Space Center.

Roy

Archived