Why is Princess Your Favorite?

Stateroom_Sailor

I've never cruised another line, so no comparisons to make from me, but the reason I started with Princess was because of a friend who had cruised with Princess before convinced me to go with her.

Turns out that I loved cruising, so continued with Princess for the loyalty program.

I always said that when I became Elite, I would try other lines, but I haven't and the reason is because Princess feel comfortable. I love that, lol. When I cruise I go solely to relax. Most of the time I don't even care if I get off the ship unless it's a place I haven't been before and even then, most of the time I just take a walk if it's safe to do so. I don't care about entertainment, or anything...could sit on my balcony for hours and not do a single thing. :eek::D

I like that the price and size of a Mini Suite is in line with other cabins. Getting a cabin that size on other cruise lines can be very expensive.

I like that the Specialty restaurants are still only $25. On other lines, $40-$50 is becoming common.

Unlike those who say they enjoy Princess because there are few kids, I would take issue with that. There have always been plenty of kids for my daughter to befriend. But they are polite, seem to have parents who "get it", and hence are almost invisible compared to other lines. The kids are there. You just don't notice them because they are good kids from good Princess families.

I enjoy the lenient personal wine allowance. If this ever changed, it would cause me to reconsider my options. We collect nice wines to enjoy on special occasions and for us, our vacations are our special occasions. If I can't bring my treasures with me, I'll find somewhere else to go where I can.

I love the blend of "family friendly" and "elegance". Just the right blend of both. Not too stuffy. Not to boisterous.

food (fett. Alfredo in the parmassian bowl and crunchy hard roles are daily dinner favorites), anytime dining, international Cafe open 24 hours for those "can't sleep" nights, the spacious closet which also creates a private dressing room, self service laundry, loyalty perks, shareholder credits, being able to lock in a cheaper rate during price drops, trivia, the nice crew and generally interesting and friendly passengers. I always feel welcomed and valued as a passenger when I cruise Princess.

We have only sailed on Princess so we have nothing to compare other than hearsay. However, our first cruise on Princess got us hooked and we love the way things "feel" on Princess ships.

If I had to list items I might choose the things below although I'm sure I could come up with other items if I really thought about it:

PRINCESS SAILS OUT OF SAN FRANCISCO!!!

The crew have always treated us wonderfully

Food and service in MDR has generally been quite good

(Princess dinner rolls :D)

Stockholder OBC

Combinable OBC

Platinum and Elite Internet minutes

We have yet to see rowdy drunks or unruly passengers

A good passenger mix in an age range that is appropriate for us

Ships without "glitter and glitz" - I've seen pictures of Carnival ship decor :rolleyes:

As Princess is all we've known as far as cruising goes it just feels like coming home when we board

food (fett. Alfredo in the parmassian bowl and crunchy hard roles are daily dinner favorites), anytime dining, international Cafe open 24 hours for those "can't sleep" nights, the spacious closet which also creates a private dressing room, self service laundry, loyalty perks, shareholder credits, being able to lock in a cheaper rate during price drops, trivia, the nice crew and generally interesting and friendly passengers. I always feel welcomed and valued as a passenger when I cruise Princess.

Agree. :)

Yes!!! Well said!

Also, The perks keep us coming back. DH would say the food. He also loves the happy hour special. ;)

We are currently in a "if it ain't Broke, don't fix it" mode. We have not been on that many cruises compared to many of the others here, but have had such great success with Princess that we look here first when in the planning stages. So far we have no real reason to look elsewhere. Our first Princess cruise was Tahiti and the Polynesian islands aboard one of the small ships and it was love at first sight. Have yet to be disappointed in any way since. Itinerary, price, service, and general experience just fits us.

Perhaps someday we will try another line (Celebrity perhaps)

We did our first 6 cruises six years in a row on Princess and enjoyed each of them immensely. We realized on the sixth cruise when we already knew the dinner options for the first night, Baramundi or Prime Rib, that maybe things were getting a bit stale for us and we needed to mix it up a bit. We tried Celebrity and we're hooked. We love the inclusion of the beverage package in our cruise fare so we don't have to dread the bill in our "mailbox" at the end of the cruise.

For us, it's the economics, the passenger laundries and the refrigerators in every cabin. The combinable OBCs (we get at least four types now) and the user-friendly FCC process save us thousands every year. Even if we didn't have Elite laundry benefits (and sometimes despite them), we can do our own laundry at minimal charge. The refrigerators are so darn handy and we don't realize it until we cruise on a ship without them.

Princess does many things well and none poorly but I think the same could be said about most cruise lines. Yes, it's like coming home for us to step on a Princess ship, but we've changed homes many times in the past and our familiarity with Princess does not prevent us from cruising other lines occasionally.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

Personally, I don't lean toward the "like being home" feeling. That's why I enjoy travel...for the change. I don't mind the changing atmosphere and architecture of other cruise lines, in fact, I look forward to them. It's more of an adventure for me. It's no longer fun for us when things become too familiar.

Our last 8 cruises have been with Princess because of the convenience of our cruise port of San Francisco and LA being only a 7-8 hour drive or a very short flight. But we are ready for change again. HAL has wonderful itineraries and we have always been pleased with them.

[quote name='rollingstone']I believe that Princess is the only line where you can combine all of your credits. Also if you do not use your FCCs in the allowed time, the cost is refunded, unlike RCCL.
My shipboard credit can be anywhere from $400 to over $1000
Other than the loyalty credit, these perks are available to all levels of loyalty[/QUOTE]

All that plus my Elite perks can make Princess my line of choice if all else is equal.