Guy Fieri on Breeze- Food Network special

travellink

I saw that thread and was going to respond but it was closed.

I wondered what the heck went down.

I met Guy Fieri about a year ago at the miniscule Laughlin Airport.

He came up and stood next to me and started small talking.

I thought he was quite nice and it took me a minute to figure out who he was.

He was nothing short of being another guy (haha) during those 5 minutes anyway.

He was with one other guy, a huge one at that, now that man was looking at me strangely...LOL

DH came out of the bathroom & came and stood next to me. They called our flight so we start walking towards the door & he grabs my arm and says, isn't that what's his burger.......hilarious.

At one point a few people were looking at him and he says, yeah, I 'm flying stand-by......got quite the chuckle .... He was of course waiting for a private plane. He wished me a great flight and a nice day....I thought he was nice.

Looking forward to the FN special.......I can't imagine his family staying in a Carnival Suite even....unless they are hiding some grand daddy cabin us peasants don't know about....LOL. Should be interesting anyhow.

As I was on this sailing when they filmed, I am definitely interested to see how it will be portrayed. Certain areas were closed to the paying public at inconvenient times. It did impact our second experience on Breeze a bit - but not as much as first-timers who didn't know the ins and outs of the ship. Looking forward to dvr-ing it!!:)

I've never personally met Guy, but he's one of my favorite Food Network hosts. I'll be watching Monday night. At the very least I'll be able to get a better look at the Breeze.

Hardly anything about Breeze unless you want to watch him eat or go to Jamaica.

Never mind, I see it's an older post.

How's things in Newburgh? Used to live there.

Yes, it's been. Got pretty ugly too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933089

It must have gotten really ugly. The thread has been sanitized and closed.

I watched it. It was okay, but nothing special. It isn't as much about Carnival as it is about Guy and Jamaican food (as would be expected from a show on the Food Network).

It's on again Saturday. Three PM eastern.

Thanks for this - was wondering when they would re-air it. The Breeze is what we are considering for our next cruise, so I am looking forward to seeing anything they show!

Yikes! :eek:

Well...there is no question that Guy (and or his crew) certainly disrupted the vacations of others sailing the Breeze - for the sake of his filming! :cool:

I just read about this earlier and watched the video. It is embarassing for Carnival to have all of this publicity around him and his burger joint and he can't even behave himself in public.

If you look deeper, he has a stigma attached to him. It's not attractive.

With zero culinary background, I wonder why he matters.

Well he certainly is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. I think he no fewer than three shows and numerous other gigs (including Carnival). You may not think it's attractive, but he sure is rolling in the dough (pun intended;)).

Archived