JS Guarantee - Waiting not so patiently

jahannah

I reserved a JS Guarantee for an April 6, 2015 sailing of Allure 25 days ago. I am all too aware that the cruise is not for 165 days. I wish that I could stop checking the website every half-hour to see if we had been assigned a cabin. I wish that I could avoid going to another website to see how many JS cabins remain that will hold 4 people (8 of 16 as of today) and how many higher category cabins remain (21).

Has anyone else acquired this bad, time-consuming habit? The worst thing is, I want our assignment to be delayed for as long as possible, in the hopes that it will be a better cabin. :o

I do book the lowest category that I would like, so I would not be disappointed in a JS, particularly one on the hump (3 remaining). The hope of more makes me excited.

You're sick! You have a fever...and the only prescription is more cruising! :)

We all do it...it's called being excited. However, I noticed you put 2015 in the date. That is FAR more than 165 days away, so clearly you meant 2014. Imagine how crazy you would drive yourself if it was 2015 until the cruise???

My suggestion: Relax....you are guaranteed a JS or better. Imagine if they sell those last 8 JS and you get upgraded!!! :)

You're sick! You have a fever...and the only prescription is more cruising! :)

We all do it...it's called being excited. However, I noticed you put 2015 in the date. That is FAR more than 165 days away, so clearly you meant 2014. Imagine how crazy you would drive yourself if it was 2015 until the cruise???

My suggestion: Relax....you are guaranteed a JS or better. Imagine if they sell those last 8 JS and you get upgraded!!! :)

Can't even type accurately. :confused: Yes, 2014 is closer than I think, but further than I wish. With teenagers in school and sports and a wife that teaches, we are limited in time and money to cruise. Those summer cruises are crazy expensive. If it were not for CC and being able to see other people's cruise pictures, I think I would go crazy!:D

I reserved a JS Guarantee for an April 6, 2015 sailing of Allure 25 days ago. I am all too aware that the cruise is not for 165 days. I wish that I could stop checking the website every half-hour to see if we had been assigned a cabin. I wish that I could avoid going to another website to see how many JS cabins remain that will hold 4 people (8 of 16 as of today) and how many higher category cabins remain (21).

Has anyone else acquired this bad, time-consuming habit? The worst thing is, I want our assignment to be delayed for as long as possible, in the hopes that it will be a better cabin. :o

I do book the lowest category that I would like, so I would not be disappointed in a JS, particularly one on the hump (3 remaining). The hope of more makes me excited.

You really can't go by how many cabins you think are left. Their are some travel agencies that buy cabins in bulk. So what you think might be sold, are really still available. I think most guarantee cabins don't really get assigned until after final payment is due anyway.

Adam

Ziggypup@aol.com

You really can't go by how many cabins you think are left. Their are some travel agencies that buy cabins in bulk. So what you think might be sold, are really still available. I think most guarantee cabins don't really get assigned until after final payment is due anyway.

Adam

Ziggypup@aol.com

There's no set times that guarantees are assigned. Our last 2 guarantees hat we booked were both assigned between 6 and 9 months from sailing.

We had a w guarantee for our August sailing on the Oasis and didn't find out our assignment until the day of the cruise, when we arrived at the pier. We got a JS, but were thrilled because it was our first JS, now we are a bit spoiled and have 2 future cruises booked in a JS...good luck scoring an awesome upgrade. Several people in our roll call scored a nice grand suite and above.

We had a w guarantee for our August sailing on the Oasis and didn't find out our assignment until the day of the cruise, when we arrived at the pier. We got a JS, but were thrilled because it was our first JS, now we are a bit spoiled and have 2 future cruises booked in a JS...good luck scoring an awesome upgrade. Several people in our roll call scored a nice grand suite and above.

I think I read some threads here about those folks. Some people have even scored CL. I am aware that there are no guarantees with my guarantee and am perfectly willing to accept what I paid for, but that does not stop the hope. <fingers crossed>

You may not find out until you get to the pier. Somebody posted a few weeks back that they were leaving the next day and didn't have an assignment. I don't think they ever came back here to say what they ended up in.

Nope. We never did hear back from 2Atlantamen. Still curious as to how that turned out.

Anytime I have booked a guarantee it has been close to cruise time and I have got an assignment within a day or two. I would go nuts having to wait months. :eek: :p

Bill

It wound up being a good deal due to a regional sale; however, given that it is the Allure, it was a "relatively" good deal. We had never sailed in anything greater than a balcony and wanted to splurge for my oldest's graduation.

The waiting may drive me crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy.

I'm right there with you. I booked a balcony guarantee (over on Celebrity) and everyone said it would be assigned within a few days.

I've been checking my reservation obsessively (it's a sickness) and still no assignment. Cruise is 100+ days away...I should keep track of how many times I log in and check- ifI have to wait until embarkation day to find out, I might go crazy!

(I also check and see which categories are still available. You'd think the piles of laundry and dirty dishes would detract me, but no...)

I'm right there with you. I booked a balcony guarantee (over on Celebrity) and everyone said it would be assigned within a few days.

I've been checking my reservation obsessively (it's a sickness) and still no assignment. Cruise is 100+ days away...I should keep track of how many times I log in and check- ifI have to wait until embarkation day to find out, I might go crazy!

(I also check and see which categories are still available. You'd think the piles of laundry and dirty dishes would detract me, but no...)

I knew I was not the only one! Now I can tell my wife and she will not think I am nutso, or at least not as nutso.

Last year, we booked a W guarantee on the Oasis, and got our JS assignment pretty quickly. But then, the week of the cruise, we got a phone call from RCI asking if we wanted to upsell to the Crown Loft suite.

So, even if you see that you've been assigned a JS, there's still the chance that you'll get that upsell call closer in to the cruise. We'd been keeping tabs on the pricing for the GS/CL etc. so we knew what extra we would be OK paying, and what amount we wouldn't go over.

It worked out great and we got to experience the amazing CL ... worth the extra, to us, for sure.

I booked a category W thinking it was a suite guarantee and it was clarified by the rep that it was a JS guarantee and that's what I would be assigned. I was 100% fine with that, or I wouldn't have booked it. I did the cat W (an upgrade from my regular balcony I'd previously chosen) about 6 or 7 months out, and got my assignment w/in 48 hours. Which was nice, because then if I wanted to switch for another JS I would have been able to. But the one they assigned to me would have been my 1st choice anyway.

I don't do well living w/ suspense so I was very glad I didn't have to keep checking because I would have been on my reservations at least a 2x's a day hoping to find out what cabin I got.

I booked a category W thinking it was a suite guarantee and it was clarified by the rep that it was a JS guarantee and that's what I would be assigned. I was 100% fine with that, or I wouldn't have booked it. I did the cat W (an upgrade from my regular balcony I'd previously chosen) about 6 or 7 months out, and got my assignment w/in 48 hours. Which was nice, because then if I wanted to switch for another JS I would have been able to. But the one they assigned to me would have been my 1st choice anyway.

I don't do well living w/ suspense so I was very glad I didn't have to keep checking because I would have been on my reservations at least a 2x's a day hoping to find out what cabin I got.

You made me chuckle! We booked a GTY JS on the Oasis in 2010 and I checked every day too! But, we were only about 6-8 weeks out! LOL!! All JS are good, but I hear you, sure would be nice to get something better! :) We got the JS and it was on the hump and it was great! Have a wonderful trip! Hope you get an assignment soon! :)

I booked a category W thinking it was a suite guarantee and it was clarified by the rep that it was a JS guarantee and that's what I would be assigned....

I don't think the rep gave you correct info. We've done 3 "W" categories and gotten two JS and one GS. I read here from time to time about people booking "W" category on Oasis and Allure and getting a CL.

I wish I could cut down to checking the reservation 2x per day. It is more like 10x a day. I think I enjoy the anticipation and planning of vacations just as much as the actual cruise itself.

I just booked a W (suite guarantee) last week for a march 2014 cruise with plenty of suites in all categories available. Was assigned to a JS within 2 days of my deposit. Told by RCL that though assigned to a JS, reservation stills shows W guarantee and it is possible that it may change prior to cruise. Now I do understand that once assigned, it is much less likely that we'll get back into a GS or better, but the JS will be just fine. Can't help but to keep those fingers crossed. :)

I wish I could cut down to checking the reservation 2x per day. It is more like 10x a day. I think I enjoy the anticipation and planning of vacations just as much as the actual cruise itself.

Me TOO! Husband doesn't understand...I love reading others reviews and living their cruises vicariously through them.

And I'd like to state for the record that I have only checked my reservation twice today, and I've been up since 6am!

I don't think the rep gave you correct info. We've done 3 "W" categories and gotten two JS and one GS. I read here from time to time about people booking "W" category on Oasis and Allure and getting a CL.

I agree. On my Allure sailing people who booked a "W" category were assigned a GS. I was not as fortunate. I was assigned a JS.:p

Edited by crusinthrough

I agree. On my Allure sailing people who booked a "W" category were assigned a GS. I was not as fortunate. I was assigned a JS.:p

It's a rough life.:D I would be happy with a JS for the $180 less than the normal price I paid, but a GS would be even better. There are now only 7 JS left that will hold 4 (164 days out), but as someone before said, even 0 JS left does not mean a higher assignment; they may just upgrade someone already assigned and give us their cabin. No worries. We will be on a cruise!

Edited by jahannah

I did the same thing on our Oasis cruise in June. We ended up getting an AMAZING Junior Suite- 8242. It was right on the hump! I was so happy and it took about 10 days after I booked it for the cabin to show up.

I wish you the best and the good news is- you can always move your JS if you don't like it and another one pops up that you do want. I religiously checked RCI website like 3 times a day...it was terrible :)

good luck!! :)

I did the same thing on our Oasis cruise in June. We ended up getting an AMAZING Junior Suite- 8242. It was right on the hump! I was so happy and it took about 10 days after I booked it for the cabin to show up.

I wish you the best and the good news is- you can always move your JS if you don't like it and another one pops up that you do want. I religiously checked RCI website like 3 times a day...it was terrible :)

good luck!! :)

Thanks! I started this thread to express my excitement and obsession, knowing that so many of the people who post here will understand.