Premium Coffee vs Specialty Coffee

charlielinda

I think maybe premium coffee is the barista coffee at cafe al bacio while specialty coffees are the ones that have alcohol added. The barista coffee is really good, I found the filter coffee in the restaurants undrinkable but had an al bacio latte everyday.

This is a question that not even Celebrity has a clear answer on!!

I'll repeat a post I made in another thread about which coffees are covered under which plan:

Short answer, depending on the staff on your cruise most, and possibly all, of the coffees will be covered under the classic plan:There is a lot of confusion and inconsitency on what a specialty coffee is and if it is included in the classic vs. premium package or not.

Here is a copy of the Cafe al Bacio menu (
. On the Silhouette last December I specifically asked which coffees are NOT covered by the classic package and was told that everything is included in the classic package except the coffees on page 5 of the menu under "Other Favorites" and those on page 6 under "More Favorites". I asked the same question on the Eclipse last March and was told that ALL the coffees listed in the menu were covered by the classic package. Bottom line: All the standard, or slightly fancy, coffees are included in both packages including espresso, latte, mocha, cappuccino and others. Certain coffees which include some extra ingredients may or may not be covered by the classic package depending on the interpretation of the rules on your particular sailing so you won't know for sure until you sail.

Let me ask a simpler question (which may still not have an answer): is there anyplace on a Celebrity ship where you can get a good cup of regular brewed coffee? [When I say "good," I mean Dunkin' not Starbucks.]

Let me ask a simpler question (which may still not have an answer): is there anyplace on a Celebrity ship where you can get a good cup of regular brewed coffee? [When I say "good," I mean Dunkin' not Starbucks.]

In my opinion .... no.

Only decent coffee made on board is the espresso based coffees.

Nothing coming close to Dunkin or Starbucks drip brewed coffee. Nothing close to 7-11 or gas station coffee for that matter.

Others will disagree, but most who are even a little picky about their coffee have the same opinion as me.

I would say that the buffet serves coffee similar to what is served at DD if you think that is good.

Americano is the only way to get "plain" coffee in the Coffee Cafe on Celebrity, the cafe does not served brewed coffee. All of their coffee drinks are espresso based.

No, there is not any good brewed coffee available. Your best bet is an Americano, which is a shot or two of espresso plus hot water, but I know it isn't the same.

I found the coffee in the Aqua Spa Cafe (although from a machine) quite good. But this was for my 1st of the day black coffee one and my DH who has his with milk did not like the coffee there at all. Rest of day I drink capuccino from Al Bacio (on drink package).

No, there is not any good brewed coffee available. Your best bet is an Americano, which is a shot or two of espresso plus hot water, but I know it isn't the same.

It's so much Not the same that in Ireland I switched to tea. [The tea was actually very good, but nothing replaces a freshly ground and brewed cup of Yemen Mocha and Java Mountain Supreme, with lots of Equal and milk.]

Archived