Cabin Question - answer needed ASAP

BiggerBob

Ok trusted cruise critic advisors. Not sure if this is going to sound like a silly question or not.

We currently have a cat. L Guar. booked on the Noordam with $125 OBC.

I noticed that a cat. HH fully obstructed ocean view Guar. is now the same price as we paid for the inside L Guar.

I called our TA and she contacted HA and we can upgrade to the HH, however we will lose $75 in OBC.

Should we do this? Any pros or cons in sticking with the inside or go to the OV.

The sailing we are on NOV 25 seems to still have a lot of open cabins.

Not sure what to do, is it worth $75 for a bit of light? :confused:

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks Patricia

Ok trusted cruise critic advisors. Not sure if this is going to sound like a silly question or not.

We currently have a cat. L Guar. booked on the Noordam with $125 OBC.

I noticed that a cat. HH fully obstructed ocean view Guar. is now the same price as we paid for the inside L Guar.

I called our TA and she contacted HA and we can upgrade to the HH, however we will lose $75 in OBC.

Should we do this? Any pros or cons in sticking with the inside or go to the OV.

The sailing we are on NOV 25 seems to still have a lot of open cabins.

Not sure what to do, is it worth $75 for a bit of light? :confused:

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks Patricia

Hi Pat, Linda here and sailing with you. I would do it...... nothing like daylight and you could be upgraded from it. See you at the M&M.

I've just got off the Noordam having stayed in the inside cabin you describe. Yes it's small but to be honest you get used to it pretty quickly and unless you want to spend all day hanging around in your cabin I personally would rather have some OBC.

If you get chance, can you pop up to the Crows Nest and say Hi to Emerson from Jared (the magician) and Maria

whatever you decided you'll have a great trip ...we certainly did :D

m x

Personally, I'd go for the light. The one and only time I had an inside cabin, I found myself checking the clock all night long, since I wasn't sure what time it was and if I was "oversleeping". A little light peeking in? Time to get up and get on with my day:-)

Even this confirmed cave dweller would go for the obstructed outside. Not only are you gaining light, you are gaining valuable real estate; that inside is tiny. The additional space will be worth the loss of OBC.

I was in an obstructed outside on my first Vista class cruise, and thought it most comfortable. I loved the huge windows, and the opportunity to see what the weather was like before I got dressed.

Thanks everyone for your input, that is what I love about these boards.

I did call back our travel agency and had them move us to the HH guar. Hated to lose the OBC, but when I got the confirmation from them it looked like Holland had us booked in L 5017 so as RuthC said it would be tiny.

I am happy that Holland allowed us to do this since we are beyond final payment and the pricing on the HH was for a Flash sale,

tuolumne couple- Thanks for the reminder;)

retdon-see you on board...getting excited now!

Let there be light!!!

Patricia

I did call back our travel agency and had them move us to the HH guar. Hated to lose the OBC, but when I got the confirmation from them it looked like Holland had us booked in L 5017 so as RuthC said it would be tiny.

I am happy that Holland allowed us to do this since we are beyond final payment and the pricing on the HH was for a Flash sale,

Let there be light!!!

Patricia

You won't be sorry, and thanks for letting us know. Have a great cruise!

To me the large (floor to ceiling) windows would be worth the $75, and since it is also a GTY you could even move higher.

Def worth the $75.

Let there be light!!!

Patricia

Patricia..IMO you won't regret it..Only once did we have an inside cabin & that was on our very first cruise..Then we visited Friends in their outside..;) Of course I was jealous & vowed never again to book an inside.. Since then we book outside cabins & have never regretted it..Most windows are above the bed & I love to kneel on the bed & look the window at night to see the stars & watch the sea, as well as look out the window during the day & see what's going on..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

Betty

Archived