New Celebrity Promotion (Giving Thanks) Begins 11/1/13

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm severely pressed for time today, but I wanted to share the details on Celebrity's upcoming promotion (Giving Thanks) beginning on Friday November 1, through November 24th.

Kudos to Celebrity on this promo. I like that it's easy to understand, along with a straight up discount - with a larger discount for Captains Club members - Classic level and above. It's always nice to see when loyalty is appreciated !

As always, all terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. For the promo details, please CLICK HERE

I hope this is helpful !

Transatlantic cruise prices still cranked way up, and no promotions available.

Fire sale pricing on the fall transatlantics because of unsold cabins indicate that this pricing policy for transatlantics will not work in the long run, and it's just giving everyone a really cynical view of Celebrity.

I remember when Celebrity pricing policies treated customers treated with respect, and we could book early knowing that we would be fairly treated. Now they ask you to pay $2500 for a 15 day transatlantic with no promotions, while selling cabins off at fire sale prices after Final Payment.

No everyone can wait until 8 weeks out to book a European holiday.

Wondering if the more experienced Celebrity cruisers could share their opinion.....do you think the prices will go up significantly before the discount goes into effect? We're about to book an Alaska cruise for next September and thinking maybe we should wait. Comments and thoughts greatly appreciated!

Wondering if the more experienced Celebrity cruisers could share their opinion.....do you think the prices will go up significantly before the discount goes into effect? We're about to book an Alaska cruise for next September and thinking maybe we should wait. Comments and thoughts greatly appreciated!

Hi Puppyluv,

That's an entirely different subject, and there are several threads asking similiar questions, on this forum.

Here's one of the recent threads : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933269 I hope this is helpful !

Please help me understand....

We will be on the Summit Thanksgiving Cruise out of San Juan sailing Nov. 23. If I book a cruise on the ship for a 10 day caribbean sailing the end of January 2014 I could receive:

- 15% off for being an Elite CC member on oceanview or higher cat stateroom. book by nov.24th?

- $200 off for booking on a future cruise on the ship?

And if I transferred to my TA (who has given me OBC in the past for the transferred) I could possible have OBC?

Could this be possible??

Thanks for your help

Please help me understand....

We will be on the Summit Thanksgiving Cruise out of San Juan sailing Nov. 23. If I book a cruise on the ship for a 10 day caribbean sailing the end of January 2014 I could receive:

- 15% off for being an Elite CC member on oceanview or higher cat stateroom. book by nov.24th?

- $200 off for booking on a future cruise on the ship?

And if I transferred to my TA (who has given me OBC in the past for the transferred) I could possible have OBC?

Could this be possible??

Thanks for your help

Here is what I understand:

Being Elite - 15% off

For booking on board before 11/24 for 10 days cruise - $200.00 OBC, not a discount.

If your TA gives you OBC from the agency - yes, you will get that too.

Here is what I understand:

Being Elite - 15% off

For booking on board before 11/24 for 10 days cruise - $200.00 OBC, not a discount.

If your TA gives you OBC from the agency - yes, you will get that too.

Hi Isabella,

The booking OBC's have changed in recent weeks. $200.00 is not a given any longer, for a 10 night sailing.

Please refer to this document for details. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/13033187_CEL_Onboard_Passages_Form.pdf

Thanks !

I have a down payment on a cruise in March

If I can get a better deal with the promo that starts 11-1-2013, can I cancel the one with the down payment and get a new Deal? Also, want to upgrade cabin

Hi Berylde,

As this is a new promotion, it's difficult to know the answer yet. You can always cancel your booking, and you should be able to onbtain the new promo. However, I recommend checking the pricing first, to make sure the rates are not higher than what you currently have booked.

Another option is to contact your TA or Celebrity (if you've booked direct) on Friday, and see if they can apply the promo to your existing booking - though you would forfeit any promos currently applied to your booking, if any.

Please let us know the outcome. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

I have a down payment on a cruise in March

If I can get a better deal with the promo that starts 11-1-2013, can I cancel the one with the down payment and get a new Deal? Also, want to upgrade cabin

I want to try the same thing, fingers crossed that prices don't go up by 11/01. But I have a deposit on a cruise, will probably cancel that reservation and rebook upgrading cabins with the new promo.

Hope it works out for the both of us!

Looking forward to seeing the pricing under this offer. I've noticed a couple other lines (including Holland) have already discounted many of their spring sailings and many are now significantly less than Celebrity (2 weeks ago they matched almost dollar for dollar).

This is the kind of offer I am keen on. Free drinks and such are nice, but let me pay what the cruise is worth and I'll spend my money when I get on board.

Transatlantic cruise prices still cranked way up, and no promotions available.

Fire sale pricing on the fall transatlantics because of unsold cabins indicate that this pricing policy for transatlantics will not work in the long run, and it's just giving everyone a really cynical view of Celebrity.

I remember when Celebrity pricing policies treated customers treated with respect, and we could book early knowing that we would be fairly treated. Now they ask you to pay $2500 for a 15 day transatlantic with no promotions, while selling cabins off at fire sale prices after Final Payment.

No everyone can wait until 8 weeks out to book a European holiday.

I think they are getting very popular and selling well actually. I've been following the Reflection spring TA from Rome, and already Aqua Class is sold out and all but 1 S2 and 2 AS suites are already sold out on that one.

Hi Guys, I've been following a particular sailing in May 2014 (waiting for pick your perk) which has been running around $2100.00 for veranda category for over two months now. It has moved 50 to 100 dollars either way but has always been around that price. I just went to check it out because of this promotion and now it is $2349.00. So it looks like when they take off the 15% I would be paying around the same price anyway!!

Maybe I'll just wait for the next beverage package promo....I'm in no hurry anyway!!

Here is "valuable" information from the Celebrity website about the new Giving Thanks promotion:

The content has not been defined for this page. File name is empty so there is nothing to show on this page.

Content team need to define include_file in root section for page=giving_thanks_sale.

The president of Celebrity should be apologizing to Celebrity customers and to RCCL shareholders for the incompetence of their technology department.

Out of curiosity I checked the fares of my cruise. The 15% is being applied to the same fare that has been there for several months. In other words - no price increase prior to the 15% discount.

That said, I still paid way less than the current pre 15% 'original price'.

Thanks Andy