Can't Access Reservation- RCI response

kruzerci

All afternoon I have been getting the "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Usually, not a big deal, but since its been an all day issue that is only affecting one of the reservations, I thought I'd check it out. The rep I talked to cut me off and gave me a canned response "We did a system update over the weekend which might be affecting our website. IT department is aware of some issues"

It wouldn't be quite so frustrating I wasn't trying to do the doc dance and then find out I can't log on :(

Edited by kruzerci

All afternoon I have been getting the "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Usually, not a big deal, but since its been an all day issue that is only affecting one of the reservations, I thought I'd check it out. The rep I talked to cut me off and gave me a canned response "We did a system update over the weekend which might be affecting our website. IT department is aware of some issues"

It wouldn't be quite so frustrating I wasn't trying to do the doc dance and then find out I can't log on :(

I don't understand what your problem is. They explained they were aware there were some glitches, after the system update. A little patience might help.

It's a long shot but try clearing your browser cookies. I've been working in my reservation all day without a problem.

Try again. It happened to me last week, my documents were in the process of being issued

It wasn't a canned response. They did a major systems upgrade over the weekend and there are lots of issues and they are aware of them. I understand the desire to doc dance but unless, for example, you've got the error that you now owe money on your paid in full cruise like some of the other threads today, I would wait a few days and if it's still not fixed then call again.

I'm getting the exact same response for my Serenade transatlantic on Nov 27. I'm trying to do the online check-in, but cannot access my res. I have many other reservations, and all of those are perfectly accessible, but not the one that is my NEXT cruise! Hmmm.

Peter

It wasn't a canned response. They did a major systems upgrade over the weekend and there are lots of issues and they are aware of them. I understand the desire to doc dance but unless, for example, you've got the error that you now owe money on your paid in full cruise like some of the other threads today, I would wait a few days and if it's still not fixed then call again.

I agree. We all know they are having problems right now with the upgrade. Your cruise is over six weeks away and all you want to do is print your documents. Stay off the website and the phone and let the people who have REAL problems with their reservations get through. You know, people leaving Saturday whose reservation has been wiped clean, that sort of thing.

We LOVE cruising RCCL and will probably never go with anyone else. But their website is consistently one of the least user friendly I've seen in the travel industry. Good to know all the upgrades and updates have resulted in a better product............:rolleyes:

I haven't been able to access our reservation since Friday. As long as I know there are others having the same issues I can wait till the kinks are worked out.

I tried again just a bit ago and when I clicked on "view reservation", this is what popped up at the top:

"Invalid Brand Name. Please retry your request later or call our customer service desk."

:eek:

Cathy

Getting a feeling this is a major glitch in the system. The rep seemed surprised that even she couldn't access the res. Since some are able to retrieve and some not, wonder how they're going to fix it. Time will tell I guess. As long as they don't suddenly disappear.:eek:

I'm not sailing for a while, but when i went into my reservation it says that only cruises booked on RCLs website can be modified there. Thing is that it was booked on their website. I know it's probably related to the update, however i found it to be strange.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

I haven't been able to access our reservation since Friday. As long as I know there are others having the same issues I can wait till the kinks are worked out.

I tried again just a bit ago and when I clicked on "view reservation", this is what popped up at the top:

"Invalid Brand Name. Please retry your request later or call our customer service desk."

:eek:

Cathy

Oh yes, I received that one this afternoon! Invalid Brand Name. :D:D

I think it is migrating over from gift choices. I was trying to print luggage tags, and I fiddled with it a bit until it went away. :D

Edited by Coralc

I'm getting the exact same response for my Serenade transatlantic on Nov 27. I'm trying to do the online check-in, but cannot access my res. I have many other reservations, and all of those are perfectly accessible, but not the one that is my NEXT cruise! Hmmm.

Peter

Peter! How's our friendly AA FA? The line "I have many other reservations" caught my attention, then I looked at the name! Hope all is well. We only have one reservation, Sept 12, central Med on Adventure.

Cheers

Kelly (jan27&feb3/13 AOS)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Peter! How's our friendly AA FA? The line "I have many other reservations" caught my attention, then I looked at the name! Hope all is well. We only have one reservation, Sept 12, central Med on Adventure.

Cheers

Kelly (jan27&feb3/13 AOS)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey there! We're great! Jim retired from AA at the end of September....but I'm stuck for another 15 years probably....LOL

So, I called the D+ desk 2 days ago, and they reset my res, and I was able to access it. So today, I'm trying to access it, and I'm getting the "Invalid Brand Name" response that others have received. ugh. Love these "improvements" to the website. This is only happening with my NEXT reservation, several others for next year are perfectly accessible.

Peter

Has anyone been able to get this problem resolved yet?

I still have this same problem on one of my reservations. I called RCI and they couldn't figure it out so they had me fill out the email request online so that the IT department will call be back. The rep I had online at the time couldn't transfer me to IT directly.

I am not sure if this will help-I was told to....

Log out of my acct.

Go to the homepage and click Before you Board and then click online

check in.

Then put in your name, reservation number etc. and it will bring you to

your reservation. Then click "exit and view reservation" and it will bring

you to more of your reservation."

It is a pain but it is the only way to get on my reservation.

Good luck