Canaletto

Tyler919

Has the new Canaletto menu style progressed to the other ships yet? Specifically I am on Zuiderdam just after Christmas. Is it the new small plate share menu there yet?

I am on the Zuiderdam and disembarking on 12/10/13. I will post a scanned Canaletto menu on my website as well as all of the daily MDR menus.

I am on the Zuiderdam and disembarking on 12/10/13. I will post a scanned Canaletto menu on my website as well as all of the daily MDR menus.

Thank you! I'm on the Zuiderdam next year, and am hoping they have the new menu by then.

• 1 month later...
Has the new Canaletto menu style progressed to the other ships yet? Specifically I am on Zuiderdam just after Christmas. Is it the new small plate share menu there yet?

Our 11/29 Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise had the new small-plate, share Canaletto menu as well as the Le Cirque menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

The Culinary Operations Manager on our 11/29 Caribbean cruise gave me the lunch and dinner menus for both the Lido and MDR for HAL 10- and 11-day Panama Canal as well as the 7-day Caribbean cruises. This includes the holiday menus.

7-day Caribbean:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=309

10- and 11-day Panama Canal

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=1311

Enjoy your cruise and Bon Appetit.

We love small plates and sharing dishes. We get a much larger variety of food while eating less. However it comes back to how do they manage this... do they let you order more than 2 small plates? My husband and I would have a hard time settling on just 2 of those.

We love small plates and sharing dishes. We get a much larger variety of food while eating less. However it comes back to how do they manage this... do they let you order more than 2 small plates? My husband and I would have a hard time settling on just 2 of those.

As do we, I find it nice to get to try more variety.

The Eurodam had the new menu in the Canaletto on our November sailing. We really enjoyed the new concept. We thought the quality of the food and the presentation was far superior to the previous menu.

Funny. We were on the Eurodam in October/November. We ate in the Canaletto on the first half of the cruise with the old menu and loved it! Then, went back on the second half and they had changed the menu and we were not impressed with the choices at all! Did not like the family style dinners or the items offered on the menu. I want my minestrone soup back. Interesting how everyone has different tastes, isn't it?

To me it seems that Canaletto is becoming less and less Italian or at least what one considers Italian. I would like to see more Pasta dishes. Even just a really good cheesy Lasagna :o Then many Italian restaurants have a nice Rib Eye Steak.

I agree that the sharing thing is not good. Tom and I have totally different tastes for things we like so when we go on the ship it gives me a chance to have things I normally do not get when dining at home. So if I want to share I will do it at home :D

Roger, thanks so much for showing the new menus especially the Holiday menu, good to see what will be available for our New Years Cruise for New Years Eve :)

To me it seems that Canaletto is becoming less and less Italian or at least what one considers Italian.

Perhaps in the US... but to me this is Italian now. If I want soup and pasta in red sauces I'll go to the Olive Garden. I found the menu to look exciting and can't wait to try it.

Canaletto is/was mediocre at best. A small plate menu isn't going to change things. We'll continue to bypass a visit on the next cruise.

We would agree sometimes but other times we have enjoyed it particularly on the Prinsendam.