NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

Great M/G last night with a few of us CC at the 15th Street Fishery. The Royal sailed in early today, but to early to get up and watch but looked to make sure she was docked on the Princess live cam. it's only 6:50 AM here, but excited to get started so up early. I'm at the Hilton Marina so it's just a very short ride to the ship. looks like our weather is going to be great for both the B2Bs.

For everyone on the 11/3 remember that you will be coming at the tail end of the boat show so everything is overloaded with boats and people. It was not easy to get around on the water taxi but you just need to allow more time as they are running about 1/2 late due to all the boat traffic on the water. Well I'm sure that others will help with this post so get ready here we go.

Mike :)

Great M/G last night with a few of us CC at the 15th Street Fishery. The Royal sailed in early today, but to early to get up and watch but looked to make sure she was docked on the Princess live cam. it's only 6:50 AM here, but excited to get started so up early. I'm at the Hilton Marina so it's just a very short ride to the ship. looks like our weather is going to be great for both the B2Bs.

For everyone on the 11/3 remember that you will be coming at the tail end of the boat show so everything is overloaded with boats and people. It was not easy to get around on the water taxi but you just need to allow more time as they are running about 1/2 late due to all the boat traffic on the water. Well I'm sure that others will help with this post so get ready here we go.

Mike :)

Thanks Mike for doing the "Live" reporting. From other reports on the TA just completed, one of the hottest issues has been the soot problem with the aft facing cabins. Apparently many of those cabin occupants would wake up every morning to soot covered balconies. Any information you can gather regarding that issue would be great. We are so looking forward to sailing on her in November 2014. Thanks again and have a great cruise!

From other reports on the TA just completed, one of the hottest issues has been the soot problem with the aft facing cabins. Apparently many of those cabin occupants would wake up every morning to soot covered balconies. Any information you can gather regarding that issue would be great.
According to the engineers, it's thought that the soot problem is due to air whorls caused by the MUTS screen. They are working on a fix. I have no other information other than they are aware of and working on fixing it.

Thanks Mike for the live post. I hope you don't mind if I add a post or two.

We are on board the Royal. We brought on two bottles of wine and no one checked anything.

As many photos and posts and discussions there have been about the Royal. I was utterly unprepared for how beautiful she really is.

For those of you familiar with the sun class ships, the cabins feel about the same size. The balcony isnt as tiny as I anticipated. The finishings around the ship are elegant. The Horizon Court is seriously HUGE!!!!

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

We are on board the Royal. We brought on two bottles of wine and no one checked anything.

As many photos and posts and discussions there have been about the Royal. I was utterly unprepared for how beautiful she really is.

For those of you familiar with the sun class ships, the cabins feel about the same size. The balcony isnt as tiny as I anticipated. The finishings around the ship are elegant. The Horizon Court is seriously HUGE!!!!

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for posting. Sounds wonderful! Wish we had decided to sail away now instead of in the Spring. :) Have a wonderful cruise!

Cheers, Denise

Denise,

Have a wonderful cruise! Would love to read more about your observations during the trip! :)

You can try this link, hope it works. http://portevergladeswebcam.com

You can always check out http://www.ptztv.com where they have many more cruise port webcams including Port Everglades.

Have been watching the action in the port for the past hour in anticipation for the 4pm departing of the Royal. I happened to see it come in to port on the webcam page at about 1:50am our time here in Wisconsin. Wish I were there!

We are in an aft Dolphin cabin. Previous reports of soot on deck are confirmed. To quote my wife, "The complaints were definitely valid." She reminded me that previous ships had rubber matsthat may have helped.

Cheers, Denise

Have a wonderful cruise!! As you know we had thought about the Nov. 10th but Bob & I opted for the 10 Day Emerald. Say "Hi" to Howie and hope to see you post about your Royal Adventure.

Andrea

~~~~~~~

Scott Ladewig just reported on Twitter:

Muster drill done. Luggage loading behind schedule so we won't sail until around 5pm.

Thanks for the update Dave. I was watching the cam, waiting for the ship to pull away from the dock.:)