NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

I disagree with having to wait in the Dining Room. I would prefer waiting in a comfortable seat & having light conversation with very nice people than standing in a dank corridor listening to people piss & moan about the wait. We thought this procedure was very well planned out.

I disagree with having to wait in the Dining Room. I would prefer waiting in a comfortable seat & having light conversation with very nice people than standing in a dank corridor listening to people piss & moan about the wait. We thought this procedure was very well planned out.

The problem is not the dining room being a place to wait, it is having to wait 70 minutes.

Okay so here was the full schedule for Zumba:

10/29 None

10/30 8:30am Center Court, 5:15pm Princess Live

10/31 8:30am Center Court, 5:00pm Princess Live

11/1 5:00pm Princess Live

11/2 8:30am Center Court, 4:00pm Princess Live

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Zumba is great at center court.....tight in Princess Live. Last day on the TA...all three instructors came for the final Zumba. It was fantastic. Alice

I don't know what time you went down, but we only waited about 1/2 hour. On previous cruises we have stood in line for over an hour. Much prefer the Dining Room method.

The earlier passengers had less of a wait, and yes sitting in the dinning room was much better than standing in line for 90 mins! But if everyone went early then process would be bogged down earlier. The problem is they do not have the capacity to tender that many passengers to any port in a timely matter. Tender capacity is between 120 to 155. They were using 5 tenders, 80% of the 3500 passengers + staff and supplies

from 2 gangways! The Royal should just skip tender ports, unless they figure a better proess.

I've been on large ships similar in size to Roy and the tender process was flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was on the Queen Mary 2, I had to wait for over an hour each time we tendered. Had I not had a cold pina colada in hand, I would have been unhappy!

Zumba is great at center court.....tight in Princess Live. Last day on the TA...all three instructors came for the final Zumba. It was fantastic. Alice

Alice, wasn't that fun. Zumba was great on the Royal. They really worked our butts off. It wasn't like this at all on other ships where I've participated in Zumba. To not gain any weight on an 18 day cruise is a real compliment to the Zumba instructors! :p:p Not to mention dragging myself up the stairs! :eek:

In regards to the winemakers dinner, I am correct assume the menu changes daily & they have advance menus to choose the day you reserve? Also is the wine additional?.

We did the winemaker's dinner and I think it was the best specialty dining option Princess offers. I believe there are 3 different menus but I'm only remembering what someone else said. When we called for a reservation (and you will have to do it immediately to get in), we were told what the menu was. Wine is included in the $40 pp charge and that cost is likely to go up quickly. You won't regret participating in this wonderful event. We were really lucky. One of the waiters came in and sang 3 Italian songs for us. What a treat! :p

We did the winemaker's dinner and I think it was the best specialty dining option Princess offers. I believe there are 3 different menus but I'm only remembering what someone else said. When we called for a reservation (and you will have to do it immediately to get in), we were told what the menu was. Wine is included in the $40 pp charge and that cost is likely to go up quickly. You won't regret participating in this wonderful event. We were really lucky. One of the waiters came in and sang 3 Italian songs for us. What a treat! :p

Lynda, did you call the dining line? I have read a few different ways people have made reservations.

Thank you, I`m sold, sailing on Royal 11/17 & 01/05.

We recently returned from the 5-nite cruise. We loved the Royal Princess! Everything in our cabin worked. Loved the TV in the cabin. We also loved the "intranet" -it has a list of all the activities (one no longer if one has a smartphone/ipad), places to eat (and menus for specialty restaurants), cruise itinerary, general cruise info, and your folio.

BTW- We were on Caribe deck - aft - we had NO soot problem during our entire stay.

Looking forward to sail the Royal again as well as the Regal in Oct 2014!

We recently returned from the 5-nite cruise. We loved the Royal Princess! Everything in our cabin worked. Loved the TV in the cabin. We also loved the "intranet" -it has a list of all the activities (one no longer if one has a smartphone/ipad), places to eat (and menus for specialty restaurants), cruise itinerary, general cruise info, and your folio.

BTW- We were on Caribe deck - aft - we had NO soot problem during our entire stay.

Looking forward to sail the Royal again as well as the Regal in Oct 2014!

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you had a good cruise with no soot problems. Perhaps they have gotten a handle on the problem or it is not a daily problem.

Tendering to Princess Cay was a complete clusterf*%#!! I would suggest if you are tendering to a port go early and try to be on one of the first tenders! A 1hr and 10 min wait in the Symphony dinning room, then a good half hour to load and a 20 min trip that should have been no more than 10!

Other than that there were only A few negative things worth mentioning (I will do that when I post a review) none of which detracted from a great time! I enjoyed my first Princess cruise and would sail this ship agian in the future, making sure not to book a midship cabin!

I agree the tendering was painful. We went to the dining room early and got tender ticket #3 (which put us on the 2nd tender) and we waited over an hour. Then I went back looking for Iceman2 after noon (we passed each other) and it was 1pm when I headed back over and they were STILL using tickets. Even at that time I waited 40 minutes!

Comment on the beds: On the 5 day I did not find the bed comfortable. BUT now after changing cabins for the 7 day my bed is MUCH more comfortable. So although they are all new mattresses they are not all the same firmness. I thought the first bed was way too hard. But loving the second one.

B2B - I probably won't do that again. Turn around was NOT that simple. I might have been because there were 360 passengers staying aboard. But I was under the impression you go into the terminal and right back on the ship. We did not. We waited at least 30 minutes before being allowed to reboard.

Captain Circle issue - both my mother and I changed levels on this cruise. As expected we did not get the correct cards at first. I visited the CC Host on that first night and she quickly arranged new cards - however the perks did not. Tonight is the first time I was able to get my internet minutes and the mini bar setup didn't arrive till this evening. That is 3 days into the cruise. They should be able to figure out a way to do that better.

Had a GREAT cruise on the 5 day and we are really just relaxing on this one. I woke up today at 11:15... I can't remember the last time I slept so late. (but of course that is ship time.. it would have been 10:15 at home).

B2B - I probably won't do that again. Turn around was NOT that simple. I might have been because there were 360 passengers staying aboard. But I was under the impression you go into the terminal and right back on the ship. We did not. We waited at least 30 minutes before being allowed to reboard.

US immigration has to "zero out" the ship before you can reboard. How long this takes after you go ashore is beyond Princess's control.

Captain Circle issue - both my mother and I changed levels on this cruise. As expected we did not get the correct cards at first. I visited the CC Host on that first night and she quickly arranged new cards - however the perks did not. Tonight is the first time I was able to get my internet minutes and the mini bar setup didn't arrive till this evening. That is 3 days into the cruise. They should be able to figure out a way to do that better.

What I have done in the past is see the CC rep before the end of the first segment so that the change in status can be set up properly. The computer software is making the second segment cards before the first segment has ended and is not "smart" enough to know you will have a new status for the second segment.

See above in red

We can see all of them, Dave. It's going to be a crazy day in St. Maarten.

Not much to report except the pools are a madhouse! I got very lucky and booked the Sanctuary for the week :D

Love, love, love the Horizon Court and Bistro. First time we have ever eaten both breakfast and lunch there daily.

Time to go,

Denise