How much money would you pay to cruise with your best friend?

Mrs.Naughty

My best friend is my dog that I bought for $20.00 form my local pound. My husband travels extensively for work and our dog has EARNED his spot in our family, we luv our dog so much. Our dog loves being out doors,going for hikes, massages and going to the beach. So yes i'd be willing to pay between $1500. and $3000. for my not so little mutt to cruise. The thought of leaving him alone on our next cruise makes me just a little sad.:( And yes I would also be willing to pay for excursions, couples massages and a non alcoholic beverage package for him. As I would not expect him to drink that water. So my question is would anyone else be willing to pay for their pooch to cruise?

My best friend is my dog that I bought for $20.00 form my local pound. My husband travels extensively for work and our dog has EARNED his spot in our family, we luv our dog so much. Our dog loves being out doors,going for hikes, massages and going to the beach. So yes i'd be willing to pay between $1500. and $3000. for my not so little mutt to cruise. The thought of leaving him alone on our next cruise makes me just a little sad.:( And yes I would also be willing to pay for excursions, couples massages and a non alcoholic beverage package for him. As I would not expect him to drink that water. So my question is would anyone else be willing to pay for their pooch to cruise?

Then why don't you?

You can cruise on the Queen Mary 2 and take your dog along where they can stay in the kennel. You visit your best friend every day on deck 12 where they are allowed outside to play.

When we win the lottery our fondest wish is to sail the World Cruise on the QM2 and bring our fluffy pal Binky along with us.

Jonathan

Sweet! I had no idea. I will check out their itineraries. Hope they have something good. My husband usually flies his piper to the ports we sail out of and that may be perfect for us! Do they do anything special for the dogs?

Why, Yes. The dogs all receive a lovely QM2 coat to wear. A play area on board for the dogs and owners. Plus you get to board the ship with your dog on a leash.

queen-mary-2-dog.jpg

Here's a link to a woman's travels aboard the QM2 with her dog.

http://theroadunleashed.com/posts/qm2_kennels_faq

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

QM2 only allows dogs (that are not assistance dogs) on transatlantic crossings.

Thanks for the info! I'm sure my husband is feeling pretty smart right now! He promised to take our dog on a cruise with us for my birthday. I'm looking into Kensington tours! I'm thinking my dog will like Hawaii.

We took our dog once on the Alaska ferry from Washington state to near Anchorage. Took our car and a bunch of camping gear as well. :)

Best. cruise. tour. ever.

I would not pay to take a pet on any other cruise. I believe the fee on the ferry was about $30.

I know you're not claiming that your dog is a service dog, but this thread may give you some insight into what would be necessary to bring a dog on board, and visit certain ports. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=585728

Personally I'd be extremely upset if there were pet dogs on my cruise unless they were kept in a separate area of the ship, and nowhere near me.

I'll say straight out that I think you are joking with us. Just in case you're not, Cunard transatlantics go from Southampton to New York, so I'm not sure how Hawaii comes into your calculations.

Because late last night my husband suggested we book our cruise with Kensington tours. As I'm not interested in a Trans Atlantic cruise.

Because late last night my husband suggested we book our cruise with Kensington tours. As I'm not interested in a Trans Atlantic cruise.

Then how are you going to take your dog if you are not interested in a transatlantic and that's the only way you can take a dog? Booking with a particular company is not going to help.:confused:

if you think you will be able to do any sort of trip to Hawai'i with a dog.. think again. the quarantine regs are EXTREMELY stringent and the number of hoops and expense that must happen is stupid high.

in other words you can forget about it unless you are moving there permanently and have 6 months to kill with Fido in Quarantine kennels. the only way to avoid that is to come directly from a rabies free country with zero stops or layovers in between.

While I loved my dog beyond belief (she's since passed), I would not have paid to take her on a ship! Sorry! It's just not the appropriate place for an animal! She would not have been happy at all.....used to having her yard, grass, squirrels, etc.....

Do not vacation with your dog to Hawaii - it is a rabies free area and so restrictions on incoming pets are very strict. The minimum quarantine is 5 days, but in order for that to be an option you must follow some specific requirements including getting some specialized blood work done. Otherwise, the quarantine might be up to 3 or 4 months. It can cost you anywhere from several hundred to over a thousand dollars.

.And yes I would also be willing to pay for excursions, couples massages and a non alcoholic beverage package for him. As I would not expect him to drink that water.

If you are willing to spring for the alcoholic beverage package, I will dress up in a dog suit and pretend to be your dog.

There was a lady on my last cruise (Disney - eastern Caribbean) who had one of those tiny purse size dogs with her. I was extremely surprised when I saw the dogs head pop out of the purse at the adult pool. I mentioned this at dinner and I was told that the rumor was that the woman was a princess from a middle eastern country and because of some diplomatic reason was allowed her dog.

Edited by Scrapnana

Well, I pay about $400 to not take my baby boy (in kennel charges). I would certainly pay as much to bring him. He's a good traveler, though. We've had him a year now, and he's stayed in about 6 different hotels. Other than shedding on the sheets, he's never been any trouble. I seriously doubt any of our neighbors knew he was there!

I like the idea if traveling with your pets but logically unless the ship has been specially designed to take pets then it's just not logical.

I will not be taking out purebred cats on our South Pacific cruise. They will stay with their nana