Laundry.

bushy tail

We hang ours on the hallway door before 9am and have gotten it back the same day, but also a day later. Always plan on two days to be safe, but you will probably be more likely surprised by earlier service.

There are tricks to stuffing the bag that others can share to get the most from this very nice service. Once you have filled the bag with most larger items, you can keep sliding smaller things down the side of the bag to reach the very bottom and corners, until you have all the air spaces filled out and it looks like a stuffed sausage ready to burst. :p

Except maybe if you give the steward a bag on embarkation day it won't be back the next.

I find my laundry seems to come back faster when I leave it on embarkation day.

I leave the bag on the bed when I go to dinner, and have it back by the next afternoon, sometimes after the first breakfast.

I've never used the laundry service because I'm always afraid my cotton clothing will shrink. Next cruise up, there's no self service laundry, so I might just have to send it and pray.

I send all cotton and all linen items and they have all come back perfectly.

I've never used the laundry service because I'm always afraid my cotton clothing will shrink. Next cruise up, there's no self service laundry, so I might just have to send it and pray.

I think you are about to be very pleasantly surprised:D Our cotton clothing goes out and we have never had an issue. If you are concerned, mark it cold water please and circle the items you want done that way.

Despite rumours of hot water, the laundry does look and pays attention and they do a good job. I have had nothing ruined ever on many cruises and with many laundries. :)

I think you are about to be very pleasantly surprised:D Our cotton clothing goes out and we have never had an issue. If you are concerned, mark it cold water please and circle the items you want done that way.

Despite rumours of hot water, the laundry does look and pays attention and they do a good job. I have had nothing ruined ever on many cruises and with many laundries. :)

I agree with kazu, never had a problem with the laundry. On certain items I did do 'dry clean' but after the first time I just do straight laundry, except for sports jackets, tuxes, etc

Jacqui, how do you circle an item if it's in the laundry bag?

I must say, though, that I do not care for the new laundry tags. They are more like a dry cleaning tag at home and usually must be removed before wearing the garment. I still have tags from two cruises ago on some of my shorts/shirts but these new ones won't work the same.

Sent from my iPad

Jacqui, how do you circle an item if it's in the laundry bag?

Carol

Circle the item where you enter it on the laundry list you enclose in the bag.

It is made out in triplicate with self-carbon.

Original (top, white sheet) goes to the laundry along with yellow copy. You keep the pink copy. If you are sending cotton shorts, for example, and want cold water wash..... circle the shorts on the laundry list and write 'cold water wash, please'. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Except maybe if you give the steward a bag on embarkation day it won't be back the next.

We gave laundry to the steward on embarkation day on our recent cruise (we had spent 4 days pre cruise in Barcelona), and it was returned the next day. We had the unlimited laundry for the 21 days.

We are on a 12 night cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam next year. What day would be the last day we'd be allowed to send out laundry if we use the laundry service?

Two days before disembarkation. i.e., if you're disembarking on Sunday, the laundry has to be given to the steward no later than 9 AM. I did it and it worked fine.

Carol

Circle the item where you enter it on the laundry list you enclose in the bag.

It is made out in triplicate with self-carbon.

Original (top, white sheet) goes to the laundry along with yellow copy. You keep the pink copy. If you are sending cotton shorts, for example, and want cold water wash..... circle the shorts on the laundry list and write 'cold water wash, please'. :)

Thank you, Judy. One more question. Can you also ask that the dryer not be put on hot?

I'll remember that tip for next time. But, I have to say, everything always comes back perfectly. I wish I could do laundry the way HAL does! ;) I never take the pressing package but it certainly looks as though the clothes have been ironed.

I sent jeans that I'd ONLY previously washed in cool and dried on cool/delicate (yeah, jeans. I really FEAR shrinking when the jeans fit well when first bought). This pair were a little big at the time, so I thought it'd be a good risk.

They came back the same size and length...... drat! No shrinkage.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the laundry in the future. We took the "Behind the Scenes" tour (back when that expensive option was offered) and saw that they use separate dryers for "guest laundry" and they DO have variable settings......