Naughty room visit for a Power Strip on the Oasis

Are steamers actually allowed on Royal Caribbean?

We always bring our steamer. After buying local mussels we bring them back to the ship and have a little BBQ on our balcony. A little wine,garlic and thyme and we are in heaven. Next we are going to try some red snapper witH drawn butter. Oh I hope they don't go ahead and ban those steamers.

Yes they are. We always bring one.

Q:What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship? A:Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned..

Prohibited items: * Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas. * Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.) * Illegal Drugs & Substances * Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited. * Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows * Illegal Drugs * Skateboards & Surfboards * Martial Arts Gear * Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks. * Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks. *HAM Radios * Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint. * Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

__________________Have never been able to bring a steamer on board RCCL..sorry.

Q:What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship? A:Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned..

Prohibited items: * Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas. * Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.) * Illegal Drugs & Substances * Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited. * Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows * Illegal Drugs * Skateboards & Surfboards * Martial Arts Gear * Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks. * Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks. *HAM Radios * Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint. * Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

__________________Have never been able to bring a steamer on board RCCL..sorry.

They do allow them and I always bring one.

I'm going to bring a fan because we can't sleep without the noise. Brought it in the past. If they take it away, they better have one of their own to replace it!!!

I ended up in the naughty room for a battery-powered fan. Once they saw how it was powered RC let me keep it. For my upcoming cruise I emailed them to see if there was a way to prevent ending up in the naughty room again. I'm a woman of a certain age, and that fan is very much necessary. :p

The response was that the ship will provide a fan. I've saved the email and will be sure to bring it. One less thing to pack.

I think that more of a reason is to prevent circuit overloads. I am going to assume that the 120vac outlets in the staterooms are 15A, but guess they could be 20A. Without knowing how many staterooms are on a single circuit, there is no way to know how many amps each cabin is rated for. That being said, most people tend to overload power strips unknowingly. Though it's not very likely that one cabin could overload its own rating assuming that people are using hair dryers, curling irons, phone chargers, laptop chargers, etc, it is possible that several cabins worth of usage, if multiple cabins are on one circuit, could overload whatever ratings are in place. I'm just guessing though, as I don't know for sure how the Europeans wired these ships

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I ended up in the naughty room for a battery-powered fan. Once they saw how it was powered RC let me keep it. For my upcoming cruise I emailed them to see if there was a way to prevent ending up in the naughty room again. I'm a woman of a certain age, and that fan is very much necessary. :p

The response was that the ship will provide a fan. I've saved the email and will be sure to bring it. One less thing to pack.

.....but one thing that RCI forgot to tell you is that the fan they will provide is MANUAL......no batteries or electricity needed........:D

Because our electrical plugs are different in Australia and we supposedly arent allowed to bring a powerstrip now, does this mean we have to buy a half dozen travel adaptors for all of our electrical items?? Usually we have one adaptor on our power strip. I might put it in my laptop bag, easier to explain at security than having to go to the Naughty Room.

I think that more of a reason is to prevent circuit overloads. I am going to assume that the 120vac outlets in the staterooms are 15A, but guess they could be 20A. Without knowing how many staterooms are on a single circuit, there is no way to know how many amps each cabin is rated for. That being said, most people tend to overload power strips unknowingly.

I have a plethora of power strips/extension cords and whatnot. the ones powering my laptop and my entertainment system have surge protectors.. they will automatically trip if overloaded.

many more of these do NOT and those are the ones most likely to be confiscated.

Maybe I'm just lucky but we have never needed to plug a bazillion things in.. we bring one charger for our phones and trade off. same with our kindles. and now that the GS have the Ipod Docks again, even that is no longer an issue.. one gets plugged into the dock, the other on the charger.

when we first started cruising everyone swore that you needed one for one reason only.. there was one plug in the room and it was buried behind a table or something and it was a PITA to get to. we have never had that problem..the three along the vanity have always been plenty

Because our electrical plugs are different in Australia and we supposedly arent allowed to bring a powerstrip now, does this mean we have to buy a half dozen travel adaptors for all of our electrical items?? Usually we have one adaptor on our power strip. I might put it in my laptop bag, easier to explain at security than having to go to the Naughty Room.

IIRC your plugs are angled, right? I THINK one plug in the cabin is set up that way. you amy wanna call/email and ask though, or get someone to post a pick of the sockets...

Just returned from Enchantment and carried a fan on without issue. (Same fan we have used for all of our past cruises.) I always pack it in my carryon. It's a little 6 inch fan that makes just the right amount of noise that I need to help sleep. Not to mention, it does help circulate the air. We turn the AC as low as it will go and the rooms never seem to get cool enough.

On a separate note - I will mention the public areas of Enchantment seem very warm compared to other parts of the ship. Not sure if they are having an AC issue, but you could tell a big difference when you walked into the Centrum and even the Dining Room.

After seeing the threads about power "cords" (I believe it is the cord that must be the issue), we switched to one of those three outlet single plug adapters - works great. I also found one that has a nightlight in it. Gives the extra plugs needed to keep the batteries charged for the Kindle and camera.