It Pays To Keep Checking

Have a Starboard rear hump cabin reserved on the Liberty. Every couple days I check for price and availability, just in case there is a price drop.

Lo and behold, when I was checking this morning, I noticed a Port center hump cabin had opened up! I immediately called RCCL and had my reservation changed, so we now have a middle hump cabin.

Not quite as good as a price drop or free upgrade, but it is still a step in the right direction!

Have a Starboard rear hump cabin reserved on the Liberty. Every couple days I check for price and availability, just in case there is a price drop.

Lo and behold, when I was checking this morning, I noticed a Port center hump cabin had opened up! I immediately called RCCL and had my reservation changed, so we now have a middle hump cabin.

Not quite as good as a price drop or free upgrade, but it is still a step in the right direction!

You are right on the money! It pays to check....often!

HUMP cabin? Please explain for a newbie :)

Some of the ships have a rounded section near the middle of the ship that sticks out from the hull, interrupting the otherwise boring straight line from fore to aft. Some call it the bump, some call it the hump.

See? Cabins 6632-46 and 6332-46.

lb_deck06_v2013_apr.gif

Edited by Merion_Mom

Yes, i too check almost daily prices of our upcoming three cruises-january, 2014 thru january, 2015. Allure august 31st, 2014 came down wednesday and we saved $300 pp-d5 balcony. That $600 pays for our airline tickets or close to our $100 per day budget for extras.

And keep checking even after final payment. I went from a D5 to a D1 (which

are all "hump" cabins with a little big bigger balcony) on the Oasis for the exact

same price. So it was no charge to upgrade!!

Will check it out in person tomorrow. ;)

Edited by island lady

We had a balcony booked for our upcoming Christmas cruise and when I went back to look again - an aft balcony had opened up. We've never had an aft before, so I can't wait to see what the "hooplah" is all about! :D

Which one did you get? My favorite is 9256, which is an end wrap with huge balcony!

JS cabin #1100 is even bigger.

I really like the aft cabins on the Radiance series the best. They have great

views! :)

Enjoy your first aft experience! :D

Which one did you get? My favorite is 9256, which is an end wrap with huge balcony!

We're in 8170. I can't imagine getting so lucky as to get an end wrap!

We've never been on Radiance class. We've been on everything else though. (Except the "sailing city" ships - we have no interest in that size.)

Off topic... this cruise is to celebrate my Christmas present of two brand-new knees. I'll be five weeks out. My biggest concern is that I have to walk a little further to get my morning bloody-Mary! :p

We've never been on Radiance class. We've been on everything else though. (Except the "sailing city" ships - we have no interest in that size.)

Off topic... this cruise is to celebrate my Christmas present of two brand-new knees. I'll be five weeks out. My biggest concern is that I have to walk a little further to get my morning bloody-Mary! :p

Wishing you the very best with those new knees!!! I got mine (both at the same time) in June 2001, and they are still going strong! Keep them moving from the very beginning. At 5 weeks, I was still using a walker (mostly for confidence). You may only need a cane, or perhaps nothing at that point.

Congrats on your upgrade!:D

We had a balcony booked for our upcoming Christmas cruise and when I went back to look again - an aft balcony had opened up. We've never had an aft before, so I can't wait to see what the "hooplah" is all about!

Yup, its worth the hoopla. I had a balcony booked on Jewel with my mom and DDs and there was a big price drop after final, it wasn't enough for me to move to a JS, so I kept watching- when the aft balcony " owners" all upgraded to the Junior Suites, I moved to the afts they left behind!;) we got 2 cabins on 8 and we LOVED IT! As soon as jewel southern Caribbean opened I booked the corner on 8 for DH and I - we leave next week, and I can't wait for him to see this balcony:D

Have fun, once you go aft, you don't go back;)

For sure!

Yes!! That is a great cabin location! You will love it!

Congratulations on snagging that one.

And congratulations also on your brand new knees! Will all be worth it.

Enjoy that Bloody Mary...you deserve it! ;)

Yes!! That is a great cabin location! You will love it!

Congratulations on snagging that one.

And congratulations also on your brand new knees! Will all be worth it.

Enjoy that Bloody Mary...you deserve it! ;)

Okay, now I'm really excited! It sounds like we got a real Christmas present with this aft. I'm traveling with Santa Claus, so both of us shall prop our feet up... sip Bloody Marys and watch the world sail away! :D

Okay, now I'm really excited! It sounds like we got a real Christmas present with this aft. I'm traveling with Santa Claus, so both of us shall prop our feet up... sip Bloody Marys and watch the world sail away! :D

Good for you, that is the spirit!! I hope to sail with you someday! :)

Hi,

Heard about checking prices and cheap upgrades....but never actively done it.

If you come across this what do you do??? Do you just call Royal Caribbean? What do you say?

How does it work if there is a price drop after you have made the final payment?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I check every day. It has saved me $560 so far for our cruise. I saved $460 from a price drop on our JS and saved $100 on my DD's balcony room 5 minutes ago. Just call RCI and ask for the lower rate. If you booked through a travel agent then your TA has to call RCI for you.

Hi,

Heard about checking prices and cheap upgrades....but never actively done it.

If you come across this what do you do??? Do you just call Royal Caribbean? What do you say?

How does it work if there is a price drop after you have made the final payment?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I check every day. It has saved me $560 so far for our cruise. I saved $460 from a price drop on our JS and saved $100 on my DD's balcony room 5 minutes ago. Just call RCI and ask for the lower rate. If you booked through a travel agent then your TA has to call RCI for you.

I believe their are different rules for people from the UK and that they cannot take advantage of the price drops like we do if we live in the US or Canada.