laundry

bushy tail

Depending on the garmet the numbered tag may be ironed on... I recommend you attempt to remove it when you are putting your clean laundry away. The longer it remains on the material the greater the chance it will leave residue when removed. Sometimes that tag will be applied with a pin.

If it matters please know they have never lost a single piece of our laundry and since we always do the unlimited we send it out several times during our cruises. And, in our opinion, HALs laundry service is GREAT!

Depending on the garmet the numbered tag may be ironed on... I recommend you attempt to remove it when you are putting your clean laundry away. The longer it remains on the material the greater the chance it will leave residue when removed. Sometimes that tag will be applied with a pin.

We noticed on our May 2013 cruise that the laundry tags were being placed in button holes and on belt loops rather than attached to the fabric.

Tags are not used on handkerchiefs or socks which are washed in a meshed bag that has the room tag attached to the bag.

On my tour of the Oosterdam laundry, I learned that there is a standard location on each type of garment for the laundry tags.

Do you need to put your name on every piece of laundry that you stuff in the bag? How do they keep it straight?

You put all your laundry in a duffle type bag and fill out a form. The form has a description of each article of clothing and you mark what type of clothing that you want cleaned and quantity.

The key to putting as much laundry into the bag is to ROLL each piece of laundry TIGHTLY before stuffing it into the bag! ;) Also, don't forget to keep ONE COPY of the (completed) carbonated form BEFORE placing the form into the filled laundry bag so that you would have 'proof' of what was sent to be laundered! :)

The key to putting as much laundry into the bag is to ROLL each piece of laundry TIGHTLY before stuffing it into the bag! ;) Also, don't forget to keep ONE COPY of the (completed) carbonated form BEFORE placing the form into the filled laundry bag so that you would have 'proof' of what was sent to be laundered! :)

Sheeesh!!

So I have been keeping my own list instead of just keeping one of the triplciate copies. How dumb. HAL should say on the forms that one page is for the customer, etc.

Thanks for this info!

Sheeesh!!

So I have been keeping my own list instead of just keeping one of the triplciate copies. How dumb. HAL should say on the forms that one page is for the customer, etc.

Thanks for this info!

That's why there are so many copies. The laundry only uses white. The other goes to accounting.

The bottom copy is yours.

That's why there are so many copies. The laundry only uses white. The other goes to accounting.

Thank you!

I wish HAL designated on the bottom that the guest copy is the last one! Dummys like me need all the help they can get.

Got it, now I need a cruise to put the plan into action!!

On our last cruise when I used the laundry, I didn't know we were to list each item to be washed. We paid the $20 a bag and stuffed it full. On this cruise coming up, I will be sure to mark on the list the items to be washed. I did receive everything sent and it was washed, pressed and brought back rather quickly.

Thank you!

I wish HAL designated on the bottom that the guest copy is the last one! Dummys like me need all the help they can get.

Got it, now I need a cruise to put the plan into action!!

On your next cruise, you can do it the easy way.

And you may wish to keep notes on your copy of the items sent: for example, a quick note to yourself that you sent blue and green polo shirts.

This has helped me on the couple of times that laundry items went missing. The first thing the concierge asked me was to describe the item ... its color, brand, etc.

BTW, on our last cruise an item wasn't returned. I reported it and within two hours there it was, hanging in our room:)

The thing I like the best about the laundry service is months later putting on an item of clothing and noticing that nice little tag inside the garment - takes me back to the cruise and makes me smile .... :D I think this time I will wear as many different articles of clothing that I can and get them all laundered - a whole year of joy !!! :D

And you may wish to keep notes on your copy of the items sent: for example, a quick note to yourself that you sent blue and green polo shirts.

This has helped me on the couple of times that laundry items went missing. The first thing the concierge asked me was to describe the item ... its color, brand, etc.

BTW, on our last cruise an item wasn't returned. I reported it and within two hours there it was, hanging in our room:)

KK offered the suggestion to take a photo of clothes you are sending out. If something is not returned, you will have a picture to show. Delete them when you get the laundry back. :)

The thing I like the best about the laundry service is months later putting on an item of clothing and noticing that nice little tag inside the garment - takes me back to the cruise and makes me smile .... :D I think this time I will wear as many different articles of clothing that I can and get them all laundered - a whole year of joy !!! :D

I too get a kick out of that! A couple of weeks ago I found one of those tags in a nightgown, that I hadn't warn in months..:):) Taking the same one on our next cruise..

Loved it!

I too get a kick out of that! A couple of weeks ago I found one of those tags in a nightgown, that I hadn't warn in months..:):) Taking the same one on our next cruise..

Loved it!

I've had to be real carefull about that too. We have some clothing that we only wear on cruises. When we sailed Princess we had gotten to the point of having free unlimited laundry and I would alway have them laundered onboard so that once home I could unpack and stow them away in what I refer to as our "cruise closet". Nothing beats arriving home with suitcases filled with clean clothing! :D On our 1st HAL cruise I discovered I had to check carefully before sending anything out to be laundered (paid for unlimited) to make certain that I removed Princess's tags. :eek: Now that we are approaching our 3rd HAL cruise I believe I've gotten them all but still take time to check!

When my laundry is returned, before I put it away, I make sure to take the tags off. Sometimes it's a challenge to find where they were hidden this time, but I keep at it. I know that if I don't someday my failure will come back to haunt me at the most inopportune moment. ;)

If that means refolding something, so be it.

I am considering doing the laundry deal for the first time to try and stop my overpacking problem. My one concern is shrinkage. I certainly cannot tolerate clothes getting smaller as my waistline expands with all the wonderful food.

What has been your experience?

Thank you.

Hoping to pack less!

I am considering doing the laundry deal for the first time to try and stop my overpacking problem. My one concern is shrinkage. I certainly cannot tolerate clothes getting smaller as my waistline expands with all the wonderful food.

What has been your experience?

Thank you.

Hoping to pack less!

All my clothes shrink on a cruise .... However I don't think I can blame the laundry .. The same thing happens to my clothes hanging in the wardrobe at home!! :rolleyes:

KK offered the suggestion to take a photo of clothes you are sending out. If something is not returned, you will have a picture to show. Delete them when you get the laundry back. :)

A great idea, I don't know about you Sail, but, we've got better things to do when we cruise than spend time photographing our laundry.

Having been a printer in my former life, I can tell you that the NCR (no carbon required) paper comes precollated for the printing press, and it comes in one, two, three, four, and five parts, each page a different color, if it needed to have the explanation of which copy goes to whom, it would have to be printed each time for each copy and then collated, which would take much more effort, and be much more costly. :confused: