Miami Vice drink

I'm sure you can ask for one but it might take the bartender a minute to know that it's basically the same as Royal Caribbean's Lava Flow drink. I have never personally heard anyone order a Miami Vice on a Royal Caribbean ship. Order a Lava Flow and see if it compares to a Miami Vice to you. :)

Edited by Eng23

I'm sure you can ask for one but it might take the bartender a minute to know that it's basically the same as Royal Caribbean's Lava Flow drink. I have never personally heard anyone order a Miami Vice on a Royal Caribbean ship. Order a Lava Flow and see if it compares to a Miami Vice to you. :)

I've ordered a Miami Vice many times..on RCCL and never had a problem..

We have been on 4 Royal Caribbean ships . My wife gets at least 1 Miami Vice every day while on board. That is her favorite drink while cruising

The Miami Vice was the drink of the day on embarkation day out of Miami on the Majesty earlier this year. My other half and I had several of them during the cruise. ;)

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

They are two different drinks and both are available on Royal Caribbean ships. The Lava flow is ok but I prefer the Miami Vice

"

We've only cruised Royal and my first "Miami Vice" was on our first cruise, and I order at least one "Miami Vice" on every cruise.

What is the difference?

Lava Flow has a liquid, not frozen, second mix. So the color flows around the frozen pour.

Of course, in ten minutes, either one is mostly melted and getting stirred by the straw anyway, so the difference doesn't last long.

Here you go!

make-miami-vice-cocktail.w240.jpg

Sorry, but IMHO, that picture is not a true Miami Vice. A true vice, has the 2 drinks in the glass, vertically, not horizontally. Vertically you can take a sip of 1, then the other, or mix the 2. Get the best of both drinks.

The way the picture shows it, you would have to drink all of the 1 drink, then all of the 2nd one, or completely mix the whole thing together.

Sorry, but IMHO, that picture is not a true Miami Vice. A true vice, has the 2 drinks in the glass, vertically, not horizontally. Vertically you can take a sip of 1, then the other, or mix the 2. Get the best of both drinks.

The way the picture shows it, you would have to drink all of the 1 drink, then all of the 2nd one, or completely mix the whole thing together.

Or you could do as I do and lift the straw to get the one on the top without having to mix them! :) Works great!