Is There a Polite Way to Say This?

Lokip53

One will never be completely germ-free anywhere in life. Yes, do what you can to be as healthy as possible and this would include washing hands after going through the buffet line... BUT.... when you get back to the table, as soon as you pull your chair out and pick up your cutlery.... well, same thing again.

We just need to be careful, but not paranoid. :)

I agree with the OP. This is why we rarely ever eat in the WindJammer. People are so gross. At least in the dining room, we aren't dealing with that.

:(

You mean you are not seeing that, as the staff are the ones touching all the dirty plates from the cruisers 15 minutes ago and putting your food on the plate. Yes, with the same gloves.

You mean you are not seeing that, as the staff are the ones touching all the dirty plates from the cruisers 15 minutes ago and putting your food on the plate. Yes, with the same gloves.

A bit confused about this - isn't the food plated in the kitchen by the chefs, covered, and then brought into the dining room by the waitstaff? In what venues do the waitstaff both clear dirty dishes and then turn around and plate food in the kitchen?

I understand where the op is coming from but if you think about somewhere like the Windjammer then a lot of food is eaten with your hands when you get to the table.

I cannot eat a danish pastry with a knife and fork so what do I do if I return for something else and use the tongs with hands that have now been near my lips?

Also once tried eating that crispy american bacon with utensils and woops shattered everywhere.Same with chappatis.

Agreed.

In my working life I spent time in many third world venues (even fourth world if there is such a thing) and sometimes suffered the consequences but not very often. Basic hygiene practices and common sense (remember that?) go a long way and to this day I never take the top plate from the pile at a buffet, wherever it is. My "lunch bunch" guys noticed this and asked why, I told them the top plate is where the flies have landed :eek:

O..k a y, but how do you get the desired plate? What do you do with the one you bypassed to get to the desired one? If everyone that came for a plate did this yikes! Just curious.

Amazingly gross behavior, makes you wonder what "home" is like! I agree can you say NORO:mad:

My DH caught the Noro virus on a Disney ship. He was sick for two weeks. Until it happens to you, you will not truly understand how serious it can be. Of course we cannot be paranoid, and love to cruise. However many people out their aren't clean. I agree, what is home like? But I have seen Hoarders!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hmmm, so my :cool: is not the only inappropriate? So I guess there´s some more I posted that didn´t get your approval:rolleyes:.

I can assure you I know enough about the effect of Noro on people that I will do everything to avoid getting it, this however results in should I ever get Noro, there´s nothing I needed to change in what I described above. Nothing I do will make me more prone to catch noro than anybody else. But of course to know this you´d need to have some knowledge about noro.

See you in the WJ:cool:

And your part in "giving" Noro to others? :(

Great thread about people's habit, germophobes and people's odd behavior and rituals.

Others have posted some good ideas about what they do to ease their mind about germs, albeit most of them don't do anything more than make us think we are avoiding germs, etc.

The bottom line is our bodies do a great job of keeping us from being bothered by little (and sometimes big) sanitation issues. It's not perfect and sometimes it can't fight things off, but I can promise you it does a lot better job we think.

Oh by the way, that computer keyboard you're using to type your post ............... it's really dirty and full of germs, too !! :D

Great thread about people's habit, germophobes and people's odd behavior and rituals.

Oh by the way, that computer keyboard you're using to type your post ............... it's really dirty and full of germs, too !! :D

As is the mouse... :D

The #1 rated germ-spreader...a TV remote control.

Bring a pack of those hand wipes...use the sanitizer dispensers located all over the place on ships...and enjoy your cruise.

Others have posted some good ideas about what they do to ease their mind about germs, albeit most of them don't do anything more than make us think we are avoiding germs, etc.

The bottom line is our bodies do a great job of keeping us from being bothered by little (and sometimes big) sanitation issues. It's not perfect and sometimes it can't fight things off, but I can promise you it does a lot better job we think.

Bingo!

D.