"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

We had MTD on the Brilliance last month. Same wait staff every night at our table for 4. Since we board the Legend just after you I'm getting concerned. The menu looks very similar to what was offered on Brilliance, including escargot every night. Just hope the waiting doesn't deter us :(

Bill, wondering if yesterday's 'wet, grey morning' improved as the day went on. Were you able to get on deck later?

I'm interested in the comments on MTD. Although this is our first time on RCI we have always chosen the equivalent on our other cruises. We prefer to sit in a different area each night and enjoy being able to meet and chat to a variety of waiters. For us, each meal is a completely different experience and adds to the interest.

Elizabeth

Bill, wondering if yesterday's 'wet, grey morning' improved as the day went on. Were you able to get on deck later?

I'm interested in the comments on MTD. Although this is our first time on RCI we have always chosen the equivalent on our other cruises. We prefer to sit in a different area each night and enjoy being able to meet and chat to a variety of waiters. For us, each meal is a completely different experience and adds to the interest.

Elizabeth

Actually with MTD, moving around would be easy. The more difficult option gas been staying in one place.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Elizabeth

Nope. It pretty much stayed grey and breezy all day. Suppose to be nice today though. :)

So yesterday afternoon I went to the MTD desk and asked why I could not have at least the same area each night since we had a reserved time. I stated we were able to have that on other Royal ships. He rudely said if I wanted the same each night I would need to come at 5:30 when they open.

So I went to Guest Relations and explained what happened. They contacted me later and said it should be resolved.

So when we went to dinner that evening the same guy was all smiles and said between 6:45 and 7 he was holding the same table for us each night. I hated having to take it to Guest Relations but I was getting no where before I did.

PCWalton, am packing my bags for our trip on legend on the 27th and DH just asked how many formal nights will there be. Any idea for the 15 days?

Loving your review and am excited to get to San Diego Friday and then on the ship!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

PCWalton1, Did they include "The Planner" in your first day cabin papers? It just has a little blurb on all of the 15 day's activities. If possible could you photo it for those of us going on the next cruise--we'd so appreciate it! THANKS. Enjoying the review!

Me coming out of a Movistar mobile store in Costa Rica. Bought a SIM Internet card for my phone for Internet for $6 for 1GB data. Also got one in Colon Panama for also same price. I'll see if I can get one easy enough in next port

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1384908182935.jpg.61efbd1084eb29224df8224c26c0080b.jpg

Beautiful pictures, thank you!

Can you tell me if the beach was part of an excursion or open to the public? If it is one open to the public, can it be walked to from the ship?

Thanks again, I am so grateful for your review!

Kathy

Tell me about this. I usually get the 250 minutes or $100.00 plus the extra for being platinum on NCL That comes out to, I think, .40cents a minute. I have Verizon on my iPhone and iPad. Their website states $25.00 for 100 MB. Not really sure what MB means and how much that would allow. I'm trying to figure out which is best for me.

Thanks also for sharing your experience as we'll be doing a b2b in January and February on the NCL Star.

Harriet

The $25 for 100 mb is good as long as you are not sending big pictures. I reduce mine before sending. Since it is data rare and not minutes it doesn't matter if it is slow, it is not costing a bundle.