"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

There are cameras that capture photos/videos as ships go through the locks. Difficult to predict timing for a particular vessel since there are a number of variables. I can't find the webcam address, but some friends watched our passage in real time when we traversed the Canal's locks.

Duh, I hadn't refreshed the thread, so didn't see the posts that had the pertinent info re: webcams. Sorry.

Cruisingrightalong, good shots. Looks like a beautiful day!

Love the pics! Just a point of interest (for me anyway) the pictures you posted in crossing Gatun Lake... the first one, that island actually has a name, I don't know how people would remember it now a days... it's called Dump Inspector's Island. Years ago the Dump Inspector lived on the island and he was in charge of managing the soil dumps adjacent to the Canal. The water that lies behind the island is "Dump 12." I only know all this useless info because I had a small land lease in Dump 12 back in the late 70s.

Love the pics! Just a point of interest (for me anyway) the pictures you posted in crossing Gatun Lake... the first one, that island actually has a name, I don't know how people would remember it now a days... it's called Dump Inspector's Island. Years ago the Dump Inspector lived on the island and he was in charge of managing the soil dumps adjacent to the Canal. The water that lies behind the island is "Dump 12." I only know all this useless info because I had a small land lease in Dump 12 back in the late 70s.

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing this bit of info.