"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

Do they have Zumba by the pool on the mornings at sea? I enjoy doing this by the pool in the morning!

Enjoy the canal. It is a wonderful experience.

What they have near the pool in the morning they call Fun Fitness. I doubt it is a rigorous as Zumba but they are catering to the audience.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

We missed much of the captain's reception due to really slow service in MDR. :(

You mentioned having reservations for MTD but are you at a table for 2 or a larger one? I really don't like long drawn out meals caused by slow service. Sorry you had this experience. ~Karen

We have been in a table for two but even with reservations there has been a long line each evening. Didn't experience this with Jewel or Radiance. Guess they haven't figured out MTD on Legend yet. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that I have heard that the first cruise post TA, some problems occur. Whether it's a new crew, or an old crew getting used to being on this side of the Atlantic, I'm not sure. It's no fun having a less than happy wait staff, so I hope it gets better for you ASAP!

I had an experience on the Brilliance just after it returned from being overseas for a few years.......I needed to find a drug store at our next stop (Portland, Maine). The medical department on the ship always has a sheet with the listings of pharmacies on their counter with addresses and phone numbers, so I picked one up. Long story short (and it is a long story!) - their listings were for Portland, Oregon! My Rx was phoned in to them, and (my bad!), I didn't realize the error until the gal at the Port Info booth in Portland, Maine pointed it out. Customer Service on the ship had basically no clue where we were!

I am enjoying this 'Live from'.....thanks so much for doing it.

M.

I am so glad I found this. I am toying with the idea of this cruise sometime in 2015 or 2016, possibly on RC.

I'm planning it for a special occasion.

However, my next one maybe on the grandeur of the seas, which is also a Vision Class like the Legend. I get to see what its like through your eyes.

Thank you for the opportunity.

We have been in a table for two but even with reservations there has been a long line each evening. Didn't experience this with Jewel or Radiance. Guess they haven't figured out MTD on Legend yet. :rolleyes:

What time are you going to MTD? We are going on a Legend in January & have MTD. How long do you have to wait?

Time for dinner

ahe7a3yp.jpg

Wow Mr Bill. This thread is awesome! My wife and I are cruising the Panama Canal in March 2014. So your posts are both very informative and timely for us. Thank you very much, but don't forget to have fun!! :)

Off to the evening show. We learned our lesson tonight and arrived early. :)

We found that we always had to get to the theatre about 25-30 minutes before showtime on the smaller ships. We get there early, find great seats and read our Kindles while we wait and/or watch the people walking around and around looking for a seat.

What is always fun is watching the people who want to reserve a section of seats for people who feel they can arrive just before showtime and have their seats reserved for them... :mad: I am really surprised that most people just walk away when they are told that the seats are reserved. If it were me looking for seats and they told me that, I would sit down and tell the 'seat reserver' that there is no reserving seats and to call security if they don't like it... :cool:

BTW, spending a quiet afternoon in the cabin as the weather is bothering Marie a little. :(

Hope Marie felt better as the day went on. A quiet afternoon in the cabin can be a good thing too.

Hope the seas get smoother. :D

Thanks again for bringing us along "Live" with you!

What time are you going to MTD? We are going on a Legend in January & have MTD. How long do you have to wait?

We were going between 6:00 and 6:30 but we figured out that it is flooded during that time with all the people that could not get the 6 pm standard seating. I guess most of the people on this cruise wants to eat early. We went at 6:45 last night and no line. But I still can get the guy running the MTD to reserve specific table at 6:45. Claims he can only guarantee a time. :rolleyes:

Hope Marie felt better as the day went on. A quiet afternoon in the cabin can be a good thing too.

Hope the seas get smoother. :D

Thanks again for bringing us along "Live" with you!

She did feel better, thanks for checking.