"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

What's the weather like down there. I was down there about 5 years ago in december on the Jewel, it was a sweltering 90 degrees with high humidity. I wasn't sure if that was normal, or not.

That's fairly typical... the high humidity does present some fairly substantial heat index temps. I just checked the weather for Cartagena, seems like a pleasant 84, but when you throw in the "feels like" temp you're talking a balmy 96!

That bring me to the subject of our cabin. For the first time since 2010 we will have an inside cabin.

Thanks for your review. A few questions about the cabin...

How do you like the inside cabin?

Is it a quiet location? Can you hear noises from above late evening/early morning?

Any issues with it?

Any reports of bad smells? (apart from the obvious reason :p)

We are considering an inside for the same itinerary and same ship next Nov (or maybe 2015 :()

Thanks

Today we had a fantastic tour conducted by Claudia Vidal at ToursClaudiavidal.com. She and our driver Pilar gave us a whirlwind tour of Cartagena today, giving us the opportunity to see all the major sites of the city,

The pictures I sent this morning were taken on La Popa Hill where the Monastery of Our Lady of the Candle is located. We made a visit to the monastery which was built the the early 17th century.

10873269605_451cb0af63_z.jpg

10873411784_ba608a34cf_c.jpg

10873388544_68263596a3_c.jpg

The red building in the center is a marketplace.

10873270135_138561e0d2_c.jpg

10873411524_08c6039ce9_z.jpg

That's fairly typical... the high humidity does present some fairly substantial heat index temps. I just checked the weather for Cartagena, seems like a pleasant 84, but when you throw in the "feels like" temp you're talking a balmy 96!

A very thick 96, like walking through a blanket. :p

Thanks for your review. A few questions about the cabin...

How do you like the inside cabin?

Is it a quiet location? Can you hear noises from above late evening/early morning?

Any issues with it?

Any reports of bad smells? (apart from the obvious reason :p)

We are considering an inside for the same itinerary and same ship next Nov (or maybe 2015 :()

Thanks

The cabin is nice and quiet with no smells. :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this journey also with PCWalton1. Getting wifi from the cruise ship terminal port for $3 HR. Here's all the nerds sucking up my wifi

It never ceases to amaze me that people go on a cruise then spend all day sitting at the cruise terminal looking for wifi! Why don't they just stay home?

I suppose it would be a dull world if we were all the same.

:confused:

It never ceases to amaze me that people go on a cruise then spend all day sitting at the cruise terminal looking for wifi! Why don't they just stay home?

I suppose it would be a dull world if we were all the same.

:confused:

OOPS

My cynical reply above was for all the nerds - not for the live posters who are providing entertainment for thousands - keep it up

Cheers

Hi, I am reading your "live" and traveling with you vicariously. We just got off the Legend TA but wished we could have stayed on longer for the full canal experience.

They crew are very excited about going through the Canal, too.

A few points to add to yours...we had about the same number of passengers.

MTD was never crowded if you went 8 pm or later. We always went to the shows suggested for late diners...some before dinner and some as late as 10:45. We never made reservations either...worked out fine. Dining at. Table for 8 almost always took 2 hours unless you asked to be expedited. We didn't mind as we enjoy conversation with others.

There was no Zumba but they did have daily dance classes and lots of line dancing and instruction.

We only noticed off smells when in port on boarding day...near the Centrum stair case and one other day on the top walking deck while we were at sea. I think they must have been dumping treated materials, as allowed while far out.

We usually cruise on much larger ships but we both loved the size and ease of navigating the Legend. We used the stairs most of the time, too. There are plenty of lounges and places to read or sit if you have an inside cabin.

Park Cafe in the sanctuary pool area on deck 9 is a great alternative to the traffic in Windjammer for both breakfast and lunch. You are served from a selection of hot and cold food and there are plenty of tables and also beverage stations. We had breakfast there almost every morning.

My DH really enjoyed the daily miniature golf contests and the friendliness of the sports staff there.

Thanks for sharing your travel experience. Enjoy!

Wow! Legend really gets around. We just did Legend Venice to Barcelona. Now she is in Columbia. Glad you are enjoying your cruise. Say hello to Sally in the dining room. We will be boarding Legend again in March for a 10N eastern/southern Caribbean cruise. I really like the vision class ships. Have know plans of ever cruising the bigger ships. Just wish the viking crown lounge was not renovated. Really small now. Other than that we love the Legend of the seas.

Wow! Legend really gets around. We just did Legend Venice to Barcelona. Now she is in Columbia. Glad you are enjoying your cruise. Say hello to Sally in the dining room. We will be boarding Legend again in March for a 10N eastern/southern Caribbean cruise. I really like the vision class ships. Have know plans of ever cruising the bigger ships. Just wish the viking crown lounge was not renovated. Really small now. Other than that we love the Legend of the seas.

Agree with you 100% on this. Viking Crown is about 1/3 it's previous size.