C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

The above items are all included on Celebrity's Premium package and it even includes the larger 750 ml San Pellegrino as well as fresh squeezed Grapefruit juice. You go and drop 55 a day and you can't get enjoy San Pellegrino with your dinner or enjoy a nice espresso or cappuccino with your dessert. Once again it proves that Celebrity is like a Lexus, while Royal is still a Toyota.

How much does Celebrity charge for the Lexus?

How much does Celebrity charge for the Lexus?
55 per day, and the limits are 12.00 across the board for wine, mixed drinks and beer, not 12, 10 and no premium beers like RCI. The tweaks in the packages make the RCI offer a little better, but the cousin in the RCCL family that drives the Lexus for the same price as the Toyota makes the Toyota driver jealous. ;)

Well not all Kudos...........................Correct me please if I am wrong .... but I don't see anywhere that the previous $55 package had a cocktail maximum price of $10. If so this new revised plan is also a take away.......I do not want to have to go around paying a silly 25 to 75 cents extra for a drink over $10... the whole point in getting the package is to control costs and relax wih out constant paying.

See that doesn't bother me, I'm not going to spend all day drinking top shelf martini's. I'd at most have two in the Viking Crown Lounge to relax before heading down to the mdr for dinner. An extra fifty cents a day won't kill me. My sea pass bill will still be less over all, and won't be 20 pages long lol.

RCL Blog just posted this link about the package:

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Royal%20Alcohol%20Beverage%20FAQ%20All%20Ships%20Web%20Nov%2013_tcm16-27947.pdf

There is a line that says:

Q. Are you still offering the already existing beverage packages?

A. We will continue to offer the Soda Fountain package now renamed Royal Refreshment, plus the bottled water and juice packages and Wine & Dine.

So, does that mean they are getting rid of the $6.50 per day Soda Fountain Card and only offer the $20.00 package?

Edited by Batman80

55 per day, and the limits are 12.00 across the board for wine, mixed drinks and beer, not 12, 10 and no premium beers like RCI. The tweaks in the packages make the RCI offer a little better, but the cousin in the RCCL family that drives the Lexus for the same price as the Toyota makes the Toyota driver jealous. ;)

Bear in mind that Celebrity's package does not include the 15% gratuity whereas Royals does, so it's really $63.50 vs $65. Even with RCCL's $10 cap on mixed drinks most passengers would be hard pressed to find many drinks over that limit. Celebrity has the Martini bar and Molecular bar who's drinks are almost all above $10 hence the $12 cap. I'm not saying the packages are equal, but they are closer in parity for the money spent than they were before. I'd venture to guess that very few passengers will find something they want to drink that is not included with the ultimate package.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Royal%20Alcohol%20Beverage%20FAQ%20All%20Ships%20Web%20Nov%2013_tcm16-27947.pdf

A. We will continue to offer the Soda Fountain package now renamed Royal Refreshment, plus the bottled water and juice packages and Wine & Dine.

So, does that mean they are getting rid of the Soda Fountain Card that only includes soda?

I read it to mean that the Soda Package is being renamed Royal Refreshment (not to be confused with Royal Replenish) and will still be available.

So, does that mean they are getting rid of the $6.50 per day Soda Fountain Card and only offer the $20.00 package?

That question specifically says they are keeping the soda fountain package, they just renamed it. Are you getting confused between refreshment and replenish?

Edited by reallyitsmema

No the $6.50 soda package has simply been renamed "Royal Refreshment". The $20.00 package is the "Royal Replenish" package that includes a variety of non alcoholic beverages including soda. The names are too similar and will cause confusion amongst clients and staff alike.

Reading that FAQ it seems that ONLY cruises leaving from US/Canadian ports will be offering this package as of today and that all international departures (including transatlantic cruises) until sometime in mid December will continue with the "old" packages. Am I correct in this?

I read it to mean that the Soda Package is being renamed Royal Refreshment (not to be confused with Royal Replenish) and will still be available.

Jeesh, that wording is a little confusing. Now that I read it again I see the difference but those words are too similar. lol.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Jeesh, that wording is a little confusing. Now that I read it again I see the difference but those words are too similar. lol.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Based on past experience, I believe Royal has an entire department dedicated to creating confusing, non-specific, and ambiguous wording.;):rolleyes:

Does anyone know what constitutes "premium beer"? I am travelling on IOS in two weeks and was really looking forward to using the package to drink some good beers. I know the big Foster's cans are excluded, but what are the other premium beers?

Here's a link to a photo of the pub beer menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

It's a bit difficult to read, but the beers with the asterisk (*) were excluded from the previous alcohol packages.

Edited by clarea

I just got off the phone with rci and they told me that Starbucks is included. And as long as each cabin mate picks some package (including the $20 pp, per day replenish) you can pick different packages.

I think you may have been given incorrect information.

The packages can be purchased individually and not all people staying in the same cabin must purchase a package

We are proud to offer four alcoholic beverage package options on select cruises that are four nights or longer, giving guests a convenient way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise vacation.

Thanks for that info! And boo to them! Wish they would offer them for the 3 night sailings! :(

I think you may have been given incorrect information.

The packages can be purchased individually and not all people staying in the same cabin must purchase a package

correct-I found this and love it!! Now I can get the package on my next sailing!!:D

Q. How does the guest buy the package?

A. The alcohol beverage packages can be purchased through our Manage My Booking section of the website (Starting Dec 2013) and also onboard. A package can be

purchased by any eligible guest in a stateroom. This is a change from our previous policy where ALL guests eligible had to purchase a package.

There will be at least one desk set up where the guest can purchase the required package and they will have a sticker affixed to the applicable room cards to show

they have the package and what type it is. Outside of North America where guests aged 18-20 can purchase the package, this can only be done once onboard.

http://www.******************.com/2013/11/15/royal-caribbean-officially-launches-new-unlimited-alcohol-packages#disqus_thread

Saw this earlier when I Googled Royal Caribbean drink package 2013.

Don't think the link will work though? It was from Royal Caribbean Blog. (sorry if this is a no no)

Wondering if Red Bull is included. Does not mention it. Guess I will have to wait and see.

To add to the confusion the link from the UK website says package available for North American Sailings starting 11/15 and international sailings 12/1. I have talked to three separate reps at Crown & Anchor and all three indicated it's going live on all sailings departing 11/15 or later, no mention of staggered implementation....... So which is it?!

Bear in mind that Celebrity's package does not include the 15% gratuity whereas Royals does, so it's really $63.50 vs $65. Even with RCCL's $10 cap on mixed drinks most passengers would be hard pressed to find many drinks over that limit. Celebrity has the Martini bar and Molecular bar who's drinks are almost all above $10 hence the $12 cap. I'm not saying the packages are equal, but they are closer in parity for the money spent than they were before. I'd venture to guess that very few passengers will find something they want to drink that is not included with the ultimate package.

it definitely does include the 15 % gratuity

Celebrity beverage pkg...

had it last year...wonderful..for $ 55 / person per day...

In the "old" drink package, Patron was not included. With the "new" package you should be able to order drinks with Patron. The Patron Perfect Margarita is $9.25! Another liquor that was not included was Elderflower. There is a drink called Elderflower Lemonade $8.50. With the new package you have the ability to try drinks with "off limit" liquors. It also looks like the majority of the drinks fall under the $10 limit. With the addition of bottled water, and increased wine selection, it seems the changes are positive!! I can't wait to try the package in a few weeks! I just hope they get all the kinks ironed out by then!

Here is a link for RCCL bar menu http://www.bluevine.net/RoyalCaribbeanBeverageMenu.pdf

Thanks for the link. Looks like most drinks are under the $10 limit. Great!