C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

Has anyone had any experience with the $20 package and frozen drinks yet?

Also waiting on confirmation of this one. This is the deciding factor for me going with the basic soda package or the $20 package on Freedom next month.

Chris

Has anyone had any experience with the $20 package and frozen drinks yet?

Also waiting on confirmation of this one. This is the deciding factor for me going with the basic soda package or the $20 package on Freedom next month.

Chris

Apparently yes have a look here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953724

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've not seen the packages listed on the US site either. All I have is a link to the list on the UK site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Royal%20Alcohol%20Beverage%20FAQ%20All%20Ships%20Web%20Nov%2013_tcm16-27947.pdf

Has anyone noticed that in the pictures of drinks, the coffee drink looks exactly like a frozen mocha drink from Starbucks - green straw and everything! Any more word on this?

I just got off LOS yesterday. 12 of us went, 6 bought $55 package (only one adult did not buy it and he bought the old pop plan) and 4 out of 5 kids bought the $20 replenish. (The other also old pop plan)

Everyone loved it!! The kids had frozen virgin drinks of all kinds. They also would go down to the Promenade Cafe and get vanilla steamers, chai lattes and hot chocolate. Adults could pretty much get anything..you need to do $65 package for fresh squeezed juices.

I felt bottled water was hard to get. Was actually told they would no longer give us bottled water on Labadee (early in the morning) a lot of places did not have it it would run out. Geyser something was the brand not Evian.

Would do it again

I felt bottled water was hard to get. Was actually told they would no longer give us bottled water on Labadee (early in the morning) a lot of places did not have it it would run out. Geyser something was the brand not Evian.

Ugh. Thanks for the info. If you happen to remember the full name of the water given, I'd appreciate an extra update! :D

Ugh. Thanks for the info. If you happen to remember the full name of the water given, I'd appreciate an extra update! :D
On Celebrity, the still water comes in the generic version (no name like Geyser) as well as a premium version such as Evian. Both RCI's and Celebrity's sparkling version is San Pellegrino. The generic version will vary depending upon whatever is available when supplies are loaded.

Are these packages part of loyalty perks, e.g if you have achieved a certain C&A status you can get a discount off the packages? Maybe Pinnacle members could get complimentary packages!

The packages are the same price for everyone, no discounts (yet) for C&A status.

On Jewel I've seen Crystal Geyser, which I believe is spring water, not purified. There's also Evian, large and small bottles. Since we opted not get the package, I don't know what you get with it.

On Jewel I've seen Crystal Geyser, which I believe is spring water, not purified. There's also Evian, large and small bottles. Since we opted not get the package, I don't know what you get with it.

Yup that's it. On LOS you get Crystal Geyser with drink package. Evian is available but you pay extra for that.

The drink package was great... Used it ($55) On Allure December1 sailing...However, they did run out of many of the higher priced wines very early in the week. Conundrum was not available after Tuesday as was a lot of the better wines.....I hope it was not a cost control measure on RC's part. Other than That the plan was great... I think $55 was a steal!

I bet the price is going to go up soon.

The drink package was great... Used it ($55) On Allure December1 sailing...However, they did run out of many of the higher priced wines very early in the week. Conundrum was not available after Tuesday as was a lot of the better wines.....I hope it was not a cost control measure on RC's part. Other than That the plan was great... I think $55 was a steal!

I bet the price is going to go up soon.

You want a steal......book a cruise on Celebrity with the 1-2-3 Go Promo and you get their classic package for free and two can upgrade for 23/day to their premium package which is comparable to the 130/day you need for the top end package on RCI. Also, Celebrity's limits are 12.00 across the board on mixed drinks, wine and beer.

You want a steal......book a cruise on Celebrity with the 1-2-3 Go Promo and you get their classic package for free and two can upgrade for 23/day to their premium package which is comparable to the 130/day you need for the top end package on RCI. Also, Celebrity's limits are 12.00 across the board on mixed drinks, wine and beer.

Yes I know ....and youre right...We had booked the 1 2 3 with Celebrity for January 2014. I chickened out !!! I got scared and transferred the booking to RC Allure for January 2014! I am not good for any change.

!

Yes I know ....and youre right...We had booked the 1 2 3 with Celebrity for January 2014. I chickened out !!! I got scared and transferred the booking to RC Allure for January 2014! I am not good for any change.

!

As I am sure you're aware of, they had 2 small booking windows earlier this year of about two weeks each for the 123 GO and another 2 windows of the pick your perk promotion as well and they were extremely popular. They now have a 3 month window that goes through the end of February and it's good for cruises between 2/1/14 - 3/31/15. All cruises except transatlantic and transpacific. (They would get killed with all of those sea days with people sitting around and drinking ;))

We had the package on our Summit cruise a few months ago and we upgraded to the Premium and it was great. Going to do it again in March on the Silhouette and I'm really looking forward to the Molecular Bar.

Change is good, but if you're accustomed to cruising on one of the two behemouths and you like it, then I guess change would be difficult. But a 44.00 per day perk is sweet. :)

Edited by SNJCruisers

I got both large and small Evian bottles last week with the Premium Package. If the bar didn't have the small bottles, I suggested that they just give me a large one. Labadee was a little difficult at first, then I asked for a supervisor - got the large bottle of Evian pretty quickly (no supervisor needed). The packages are still new, so I expected to have to explain the package. I felt like I was an RCCL trainer for my cruise (I wonder if I should send an invoice to RCCL for my training services?).:D

We were pretty lucky as far as the bartenders already being well informed about the Premium Package and its recent modifications. We were on the Allure during Thanksgiving week and only once did we have a server that was 'under informed'. He was actually our waiter in the MDR.

The bartenders in the Schooner Bar (Garth and Digno) were absolutely fabulous, and although we frequented many of the ship's watering holes (this being our first time on the Allure), we always ended the night at the Schooner. Just my opinion, but best drinks and best service of the entire week.

My GF and I weren't sure if we would break even buying the Premium Package, figuring we'd have to average about six drinks per day, but ended up with 70 drinks each for the week, so we did OK. I guess that sounds like a lot (for some), but we spaced them out quite a bit (love those early morning spicy bloody marys).

Happy cruising everyone.

My GF and I weren't sure if we would break even buying the Premium Package, figuring we'd have to average about six drinks per day, but ended up with 70 drinks each for the week, so we did OK. I guess that sounds like a lot (for some), but we spaced them out quite a bit (love those early morning spicy bloody marys).

Happy cruising everyone.

I know most think 10 drinks a day is a lot but not really depends on when you start and your tolerance. If you have 1 with breakfast hair of the dog and all. Then a glass of wine with lunch or a beer or 2 depends on what lunch is. Then a pre dinner cocktail followed by a glass or 2 of wine at dinner then a couple of cocktails after dinner then a nightcap and you are around 8 for the day. And that's just one person. I know some will think with that you would be staggering drunk but for me I am not even slurring my words.

Eat more BACON

I know most think 10 drinks a day is a lot but not really depends on when you start and your tolerance. If you have 1 with breakfast hair of the dog and all. Then a glass of wine with lunch or a beer or 2 depends on what lunch is. Then a pre dinner cocktail followed by a glass or 2 of wine at dinner then a couple of cocktails after dinner then a nightcap and you are around 8 for the day. And that's just one person. I know some will think with that you would be staggering drunk but for me I am not even slurring my words.

Eat more BACON

Exactly! And actually there was no need for any 'hair of the dog' drinks, as neither of us were ever the slightest bit sluggish in the mornings. We got up around 7 each day, a little coffee and B-12, a light breakfast, and off we went. I feared we might lose count of the drinks, so I took pictures each time she or I ordered one, so we have 140 separate pix to help us categorize. Hey, everyone needs a hobby, right?

Like you said, pace is the key.

Was flavored ciroc included?

I haven't seen Ciroc listed as a brand they carry on the ship. If they did, I doubt it would make the cut of inclusions as it is a super-premium brand of vodka.

Ciroc is my favorite choice but I am fine with Grey Goose or Ketel One.

I haven't seen Ciroc listed as a brand they carry on the ship. If they did, I doubt it would make the cut of inclusions as it is a super-premium brand of vodka.

Ciroc is my favorite choice but I am fine with Grey Goose or Ketel One.

When it comes to vodka I can't tell the differance. Taste tested skull sky gray goose and borg. They all tasted the same to me.

Eat more BACON

Yes, but that is Celebrity. A lot of us Royal Caribbean cruisers are not quite ready for a lower key, quieter, early to bed cruise. Someday, just not yet.