C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

What if you pay the $55 price? Does everyone have to book? Just looked at my cruise in 12 days, we can still book for $55.

Also, we intended to wait until we boarded to purchase the package because we have OBC's to use and I was going to have customer service move me into my sisters cabin that is traveling alone so we can both purchase the package leaving the sister that does not drink in my cabin solo (as far as paperwork is concerned). Will we have to pay $65 if we wait until we board? I don't drink coffee and the water in the cabin is fine for me.

BonVoyage

Dawna

There is still a $55 package that doesn't include specialty coffee and bottled water, and it doesn't sound like there's any requirement anymore for everyone to buy. The website won't be updated until Mid-December, your best bet is probably just waiting until you board to book the exact package you want. You shouldn't need to switch rooms.

What if you pay the $55 price? Does everyone have to book? Just looked at my cruise in 12 days, we can still book for $55.

Also, we intended to wait until we boarded to purchase the package because we have OBC's to use and I was going to have customer service move me into my sisters cabin that is traveling alone so we can both purchase the package leaving the sister that does not drink in my cabin solo (as far as paperwork is concerned). Will we have to pay $65 if we wait until we board? I don't drink coffee and the water in the cabin is fine for me.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I agree with the others, wait until you are on board to purchase the package. No need to change rooms either, just get the new $55 package and you will be all set. The new $55 package includes more (bottled water and Freestyle soda) than the old one.

Sailing on freedom of seas next June 22 for western Caribbean, how much do drinks cost on the ship if you don't do drink package. My wife and I are Not big drinkers but figured we would each have a few drinks every day, I will also have 2 kids with me that are over 21 and the one that is 16, thanks

Sailing on freedom of seas next June 22 for western Caribbean, how much do drinks cost on the ship if you don't do drink package. My wife and I are Not big drinkers but figured we would each have a few drinks every day, I will also have 2 kids with me that are over 21 and the one that is 16, thanks

Here is a drink list courtesy of Gambee. Add 15% to all prices for gratuity:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea

As a suggesstion, your DW and yourself would be better off buying a la carte if you're not big drinkers. With regards to your 16 yo child, the choice would either be the soda package which is around 6.50/day or the replenish package @ 20/day. The 40/day beer and wine package would be appropriate if the 2 that are over 21 are big beer drinkers.

This may have been covered but I've gotten lost in the thread.

I've already purchased the premium package for dh & I for our April cruise. Will we just automatically be updated to whatever the new version of the package is? I would assume so, but you know what they say when you assume :p

From what I have seen guiness is not covered

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply. Also please excuse my first time cruiser ignorance, but I thought the Foster's Oil Can was the only beer not included? Is there a list of what is included and what is not?

We just returned from 5 night cruise on Liberty. We purchased the $55 package. It now includes bottled water, but the staff didn't seem to be notified, because they kept denying my request. Finally, by the 3rd day, they gave me my bottled water without a hassle. They won't give you a bottle of water with a drink though, which was annoying. The one bartender told me to drink the whole bottle of water, before he would give me my beverage. I think he thought I was going to slip someone my water. If that's a problem with people who cruise on that ship, I think I need to go elsewhere.

Bottom line - it was convenient for the water and not signing receipts. But, I drank way too many of the fruity drinks and think it contributed to weight gain :D

We just returned from 5 night cruise on Liberty. We purchased the $55 package. It now includes bottled water, but the staff didn't seem to be notified, because they kept denying my request. Finally, by the 3rd day, they gave me my bottled water without a hassle. They won't give you a bottle of water with a drink though, which was annoying. The one bartender told me to drink the whole bottle of water, before he would give me my beverage. I think he thought I was going to slip someone my water. If that's a problem with people who cruise on that ship, I think I need to go elsewhere.

Bottom line - it was convenient for the water and not signing receipts. But, I drank way too many of the fruity drinks and think it contributed to weight gain :D

I couldn't pm you but wanted to find out what you liked/didn't about this cruise. I'm taking a 5 night liberty on the 30th of Dec. We usually stay at 5* all inclusives but are trying cruising for the first time. I prepaid for the same drink package as you and also reservations at Portofino and Chops. Thanks

Reading though 'most' of the thread I've come to one conclusion... no more smuggling for me... That is if I was a smuggler... That is if Royal really DOES babysit the threads... ;););)...

Doing the math from the last cruise (10 night), it would've been a break even for me. The following is what I may or may not have brought on with me.

4 bottle wine bag would've been anywhere between $200 and $300 depending on selection if bought separately onboard.

750 Rum would've equaled about 10 drinks at $6.95 (rough guess) $70.

750 JohnnyWalkerRed would be 12 2oz drinks on the rocks at $8.95 (rough guess) $100.

That puts me just shy of $500 worth of drinks that I would have purchased... And yes, there wasn't much to bring home. I did have some help on the Rum. This list does not include two bottles of wine purchased at dinner for the Mrs. to enjoy. She really likes the Selbac'Oster Riesling. Nor does it include the bloody mary's, the wife's soda package, the bottles of water, the specialty coffees, the miscellaneous mixed drinks pool side, the Labadoozles while in Labadee and other ones here and there I may have missed. Add it all up and it will be a no brainer for me going forward.

Making the decision to smuggle, that is not saying that I do smuggle, is now a non issue. No more trying to figure out where the bladder of wine goes. No more re-stacking my carry on to make sure the RumRunners that may or may not be in there are under my bathroom kit. No more extra 30lbs off liquid in my carry on to haul around the ship till I can get to the room. No more walk of shame to the bar with a bathroom glass.

Overall, Kudos to RCCL for listening to their customers on making the changes and adjusting the packages to make it work for all that may want it. Yes, even the $20 package is worth it for us. Soda, water, and coffee is the big three for the wife. Not having to think twice when grabbing the bottle of water off the desk is great. We are not huge fans of the desalinated water out of the tap. More like, my ankles aren't fans of it.

...And now my back will be a fan of it since there may or may not be smuggled booze in my carry on...:D

Does anyone know if i pre-purchased the soda package prior to this new drink system, will we still just get the sodas? Is the soda package still available?

Also interested in any feedback on this question:confused:
Yes, it has been reported that the soda only package is still available. Unfortunately, the Freestyle machines are still limited to those ships that are 100% situated in North America, since the cartridges for them can not be obtained easily overseas.