C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

Thanks for those who answered that it's Crystal Geyser! That's decent as well. We'll have to see what Freedom offers in January. :)

I know some will think with that you would be staggering drunk but for me I am not even slurring my words.

Definitely good to know your own tolerance. I personally wouldn't even have had room in my belly for all of that through the day plus food plus the water I have to drink when I drink an adult beverage. And I WOULD be staggering drunk by the end of the day. And really ill. And I would have been in a rotten mood.

And DH is even more of a lightweight than me.

Thanks for those who answered that it's Crystal Geyser! That's decent as well. We'll have to see what Freedom offers in January. :)

Definitely good to know your own tolerance. I personally wouldn't even have had room in my belly for all of that through the day plus food plus the water I have to drink when I drink an adult beverage. And I WOULD be staggering drunk by the end of the day. And really ill. And I would have been in a rotten mood.

And DH is even more of a lightweight than me.

Sounds like you'd best steer clear of the package then Molly - wouldn't want you in a rotten mood spoiling the party for the rest of us:-)

Yes, but that is Celebrity. A lot of us Royal Caribbean cruisers are not quite ready for a lower key, quieter, early to bed cruise. Someday, just not yet.
Celebrity is not Holland America with the early to bed crew...but if you have the discretionary funds to afford an extra 107.00 per day for a full drink package for two people, then by all means stay loyal to Royal and keep all of your eggs in 1 basket. All I was doing was enlightening those people that do not have blinders on that there are worthwhile options available for those that like to take advantage of great promotions that offer substantial value. And paying 23.00 a day for the premium upgrade with the included classic package on Celebrity versus paying 130 a day on Royal is a promotion that offers substantial value, IMHO.

Yes, but that is Celebrity. A lot of us Royal Caribbean cruisers are not quite ready for a lower key, quieter, early to bed cruise. Someday, just not yet.

Our Celebrity cruise this summer was anything but quiet. I would have paid premium to find some quiet on the ship! In fact we're coming back to RC this April to hopefully have some peace on a ship.

Celebrity is not Holland America with the early to bed crew...but if you have the discretionary funds to afford an extra 107.00 per day for a full drink package for two people, then by all means stay loyal to Royal and keep all of your eggs in 1 basket. All I was doing was enlightening those people that do not have blinders on that there are worthwhile options available for those that like to take advantage of great promotions that offer substantial value. And paying 23.00 a day for the premium upgrade with the included classic package on Celebrity versus paying 130 a day on Royal is a promotion that offers substantial value, IMHO.

And I appreciate the info. I looked into an anniversary cruise with Celeb due to the promotion, but the fact we had a bad experience with them this summer was too fresh in my mind to book.

And I appreciate the info. I looked into an anniversary cruise with Celeb due to the promotion, but the fact we had a bad experience with them this summer was too fresh in my mind to book.
Europe in the summer is going to have a different vibe and more children as opposed to the Caribbean in the spring. With a 3 month booking window and 13 month sailing window with the 1-2-3 go promo, hopefully you can find the right Celebrity cruise that will erase those bad memories.

May the force be with you......sorry, had to say it. ;)

Europe in the summer is going to have a different vibe and more children as opposed to the Caribbean in the spring. With a 3 month booking window and 13 month sailing window with the 1-2-3 go promo, hopefully you can find the right Celebrity cruise that will erase those bad memories.

I thought this was about the changes to the drink packages on Royal Caribbean. Not a sales pitch for Celebrity or a comparison of the two. You might want to start another thread. Just a thought.

Eat more BACON

When it comes to vodka I can't tell the differance. Taste tested skull sky gray goose and borg. They all tasted the same to me.

Eat more BACON

I definitely agree with eating more bacon! :)

I can actually tell the difference between my vodkas even if they are in a mixed drink. I cannot drink a cheap vodka. And, I have taste tested many. It would be such much easier on my wallet if I could.

And, you do know there is a bacon flavored vodka!!! :D

I haven't seen Ciroc listed as a brand they carry on the ship. If they did, I doubt it would make the cut of inclusions as it is a super-premium brand of vodka.

Ciroc is my favorite choice but I am fine with Grey Goose or Ketel One.

Thanks! I just tried peach ciroc and fell in love. I'm fine with grey goose too and that's what I drank on my last cruise.

:D the force is strong here

I'm sure I will book with them again at some point (oh & it wasn't the kids as much as the large Brazilian contingent who didn't ever want to stop partying - if I was a little younger I may not have minded so much)

I thought this was about the changes to the drink packages on Royal Caribbean. Not a sales pitch for Celebrity or a comparison of the two. You might want to start another thread. Just a thought.

Eat more BACON

No but now I am going to look for it Thanks

Eat more BACON

Maybe this post with the link you're looking for will be more up your alley.

http://bakonvodka.com/

You might want to drink a liter....just a thought.

My husband is mainly a wine drinker with the occasional cold beer on a warm day. Does anyone know which dry red wines are included in the "Select package" under $8? We have bought wine packages only in the past. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Looking at an older wine list, I see these dry reds under $8:

La Terre Merlot

Caliterra Merlot

La Terre Cab

Mondavi Solaire Cab

I believe the La Terre has been replaced with St. Martin, but I don't have a more recent wine list.

checked today (had heard from a rep that they received a new revision of the website) and it has the updated packages- can't access it off the reservation page but the general dining options page.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

also seems you can order it online until you are in the 60 days before window.

Cool! Can't buy it, but it's there. :D

Jan 26th, Freedom, cruise. And under the non-alcoholic drink packages when I'm looking at my cruise is the Replenish.

It does say, though:

Online sales for Fountain Soda Packages are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date. Please note that certain itineraries preclude online sales, but all packages can be purchased onboard.

So it sounds like I should be able to order it, as I'm well inside of 2 months, but I'll certainly keep visiting the website closer to my sail date. ;)

It goes on to have the following wording:

Pay one set price and enjoy Premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water: sparkling (375ml) or still (500ml), fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails and fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup.

Includes: Premium coffee, premium tea, frozen drinks, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas and juices

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they have been purchased. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

† Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include server gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice, alcoholic beverages and souvenir glassware. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International's Alcohol Policy.

This package must be pre-reserved by 21-Jan-2014 11:59 PM EST. Upon arriving to the ship, please visit the Fountain Soda display table at the ships Expo, check your Cruise Compass or ask your dining room waiter for more information.

Obviously that date is for my particular sailing, and I sure hope at some point I'm allowed to pre-reserve it. :p

When I look under the alcohol packages, there they are, Select, Premium, and Ultimate. And the wine package as well.

Interestingly, the Select and Premium packages do appear to be purchasable, but the Ultimate shows that same wording as for Replenish.

Does anyone know where to find premium coffee on a freedom class ship? (pretty sure the cafe promenade coffee was changed to Starbucks, which we've been hearing is not included)

I believe the bar next to Cafe Promenade serves specialty coffee that is included in the package. They may use Starbuck's brand coffee, but they are not a real Starbuck's venue, such as is on Oasis and Allure. Also, the MDR serves specialty coffee.

I haven't posted here before, but have been following this thread for awhile and lurking on the boards for years. :) Just finished my first cruise, Oasis, on the 14th. I bought the $55 drink package on board and used it all over the ship with no problem. (I had failed to cancel my water package so I did not attempt to obtain bottled water, and can't vouch for the ease in doing so). The only small issue was, when I purchased the package on day 2, they tried to tell me I had to pay for the whole week, (including day 1), which was directly contrary to everything I had read about the new packages. He was very nice about it, got a supervisor (without me asking or making any kind of fuss about it other than just stating I had read it could be pro-rated), and then the supervisor authorized the pro-rating. She stated she could do that only because I had already purchased the soda package so this was an upgrade. As I finished up, the guy was already telling the next person on line that he had to pay for all 7 days. The page they have describing the packages is not the same one I have seen everywhere else....the packages are the same but the fine print is different and does NOT include the bit about being able to purchase until 4 days from the end of the cruise.

At any rate, I enjoyed the drink package, and while I am sure I did not drink $55 worth of drinks every day, especially with 3 days spent off the ship, it was nice just ordering drinks without thinking about if I would like it or if I should buy the drink that costs less. And I did not freak out when I spilled an entire $8 drink, as I usually would (and that was the FIRST drink of the day. lol). :)

Edited by fluffysue

Cool! Can't buy it, but it's there. :D

Jan 26th, Freedom, cruise. And under the non-alcoholic drink packages when I'm looking at my cruise is the Replenish.

It does say, though:

So it sounds like I should be able to order it, as I'm well inside of 2 months, but I'll certainly keep visiting the website closer to my sail date. ;)

It goes on to have the following wording:

Obviously that date is for my particular sailing, and I sure hope at some point I'm allowed to pre-reserve it. :p

When I look under the alcohol packages, there they are, Select, Premium, and Ultimate. And the wine package as well.

Interestingly, the Select and Premium packages do appear to be purchasable, but the Ultimate shows that same wording as for Replenish.

I kept getting this same response until today. Successfully purchased the Replenish this morning for cruise leaving in 5 days.:D:D:D: