What's your favourite adult beverage

sawyer_boy

Our favorite afternoon drink is an Italian Tea in the solarium. It consists of gin, vodka, rum, triple sec, a little sweet/sour mix and a splash of amaretto.

Guaranteed to make me nap in the Solarium!

Sherri:)

Our favorite afternoon drink is an Italian Tea in the solarium. It consists of gin, vodka, rum, triple sec, a little sweet/sour mix and a splash of amaretto.

Another vote for this one. It's sweeter and cheaper than a Long Island Iced tea.

Just got off Allure. My favorite place was the Champagne and Martini bar. I have to say they know how to make a mean martini! I'm a simple kind of guy and like my drinks that way. A Belvedere martini, very cold, very dry, with three olives. However, if I have to have a "foo-foo" drink I kind of liked the "Goldeneye". Don't remember what exactly is in it, but it was good.

Elvis

Edited by Elvis1209

the Italian tea was my first drink for sail away in the Olive and twist.

by gad they made a good one i'd only got half way down and i was a goner. staggered my way back to our room after, was really bad and missed dinner....

the next night i had a Mango lava flow enjoyed it so much more and didn't miss any more meals...

Julia

Generally i love the Schooner Bar on all RCI ships. Having said that, the Pub is always fun. So it kind of depends on mood and entertainment. But for after dinner I am a fan of the Vanilla White Russian. Seems not as "heavy" as a Mudslide, but great for after dinner. I also "second" the Champaign Bar for a more elegant drink.

But don't forget the Rising Tide. A "must do."

One last favorite, one Formal Night the Cello/Violin Duo were playing around 10:30pm in Central Park. My wife and I, still dressed in Formal Attire (late seating), wandered out. I grabbed a Brandi, she had a Kahlua, and we sat in the beautiful surroundings having a very romantic after dinner drink, listening to beautiful baroque music. Then we went and hit the 70's Party on the Promenade! :)

I have an occassional Pina Colada, but don't drink as a rule. I do enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner. Now on a humerous note because of my non drinking habits, while at the pool, a couple ordered a Long Island Ice Tea. Not knowing it had 6 differant alcohols in it, ordered one as well. My first sip told me I goofed but decided to play it cool and continue with the drink slowly. My safety net was we had recently had a big lunch. Everything was fine until DH came up and seeing what I had yelled out for all to hear, what the H are you doing with a LI Ice Tea. My cover was blown.:eek: I will have you know I finished the drink and was able to walk a straight line down the steps and survived the day.:)

I love the Long Island Ice Tea. But when I ordered it the first time, I was quite shocked when the bartenden took 4 bottles at once and poured the contents into the glass almost up to the rim :D. After I finished it, I was feeling quite funny :cool:.

Edited by Sumisid

Generally i love the Schooner Bar on all RCI ships. Having said that, the Pub is always fun. So it kind of depends on mood and entertainment. But for after dinner I am a fan of the Vanilla White Russian. Seems not as "heavy" as a Mudslide, but great for after dinner. I also "second" the Champaign Bar for a more elegant drink.

But don't forget the Rising Tide. A "must do."

One last favorite, one Formal Night the Cello/Violin Duo were playing around 10:30pm in Central Park. My wife and I, still dressed in Formal Attire (late seating), wandered out. I grabbed a Brandi, she had a Kahlua, and we sat in the beautiful surroundings having a very romantic after dinner drink, listening to beautiful baroque music. Then we went and hit the 70's Party on the Promenade! :)

I discovered Vanilla White Russians on my last cruise, and you are right, it is a great after dinner drink. And I'm sure it's very low calorie!:rolleyes: