RCCL Changes Beverage Packages... I hope Carnival will follow their lead... SOON!

Batman80

Ah yes. The cheerleaders will be hard at work to support Carnival's package and to tear apart RC's package

I will cheerlead both because they both have a beverage package now. But, it's clear that Royal has stepped up the bar. This is far superior than Carnivals package. I hope they follow their lead and make there's better than Royal.

Good job by royal, yes I just said that. I think carnival will soon follow. The only think I don't like is the price for nonalcoholic beverages is steep under royals new program.

They do still offer the lower cost soda only package, it is not that clearly laid out by the pricing but is mentioned in the text.

I hope they don't allow only one guest per cabin to get it. My DH is an annoying drunk, but he's also cheap so doesn't buy a lot of alcohol when he has to pay for it. I convinced him not to get it on the last cruise because I told him I would never be able to drink enough to justify the cost. If I lose that argument, I'm screwed, lol.

Wow, I did not know this. Will have to check into it quick before I sail. The price seems to be more expensive than Carnival's Cheers, but not having to purchase for everyone in the cabin would be worth it to me. I hope Carnival will do this as I'm usually the only one in my cabin who drinks enough to purchase a package. :o :D

Purchased the premium package on Celebrity (owned by RCCL). Paid for itself after the 5th day. Some folks forget that the premium package (on Celebrity) includes coffee drinks, premium bottled water, smoothies, fresh squeezed OJ, drinks/beer/wine up to $12. When you add everything up, if you drink all the options you are allowed you come out ahead. CHEERS!!

Why are people saying Royal's is more expensive then Carnival's it is actually cheaper, The one and only package that Carnival offers is this one, which if you look below it is cheaper on Royal, 55.00 per day Carnival's is 57.00. And it includes bottled water, Plus not everyone that is 21 and over in the cabin has to buy What is fair is fair, and as you can see I am a Loyal Carnival Cruiser.

Premium Package - $55.00 per Day (Includes Gratuity)

Call and Premium Cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen Cocktails

All Beer (excludes Fosters Oil Can)

Premium Wines by the Glass (up to $12 Value)

Non-Alcoholic Cocktails

Bottled Water (375 ml sparkling or 500 ml still)

Fountain Soda with Souvenir Cup (Coke Freestyle Machines Included)

Edited by lele100

What am I missing? Those packages suck. They're more expensive than the Carnival package, and you can get Foster's with Carnival's. The only way I see that being worthwhile is if you actually drink more than the 15 drink cap Carnival has.

On a RCCL, you can get a huge selection of beers, that range in price up to $19.95 a bottle. Fosters is like a Budweiser, and really nothing to worry about since you can get 2 of something else. RCCL is actually a little cheaper at $55.00 which includes the tip, and covers all mixed drinks up to $10.00, wine up to $12.00 a glass, and about 40+ different beers offered on the ship. NO limit on the amount you drink, includes bottled water, and unlimited soda as well. Not to mention, RCCL trusts that you won't share, and Carnival does not.

I would buy this for my love one I only like drinking water. My love one loves drinking coffee. But Princess has a better plan then Carnival and it is cheaper it is only $8.05 person and per day. But if had to buy two drink cards I would not buy it. And my love one would love drinking the soda.

Here is Princess plan

Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

I prefer to buy my drinks one by one. The plan is not good for me but it is good for my love one. And I am not going to share this card with my love one you know you get water for free.

This is great - RCL is now mimicking their sister Celebrity. I love that they're including specialty coffee now.

I hope Carnival follows suit as well!

Or did RCL direct X to do it as a trial before they rolled it out to the bigger line?

Why are people saying Royal's is more expensive then Carnival's it is actually cheaper, The one and only package that Carnival offers is this one, which if you look below it is cheaper on Royal, 55.00 per day Carnival's is 57.00. And it includes bottled water, Plus not everyone that is 21 and over in the cabin has to buy What is fair is fair, and as you can see I am a Loyal Carnival Cruiser.

Premium Package - $55.00 per Day (Includes Gratuity)

Call and Premium Cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen Cocktails

All Beer (excludes Fosters Oil Can)

Premium Wines by the Glass (up to $12 Value)

Non-Alcoholic Cocktails

Bottled Water (375 ml sparkling or 500 ml still)

Fountain Soda with Souvenir Cup (Coke Freestyle Machines Included)

I silently scream in my head every time someone says Carnival is cheaper! LOL

Interesting.

Carnivals Unlimited Liquor package has been a screw-up from its inception, right down to the misnomer.

As I recall, from the beginning, none of the carnival.com descriptions or printed material about the program ever used the word unlimited.

Good job by royal, yes I just said that. I think carnival will soon follow. The only think I don't like is the price for nonalcoholic beverages is steep under royals new program.

Considering the soda package doesn't include fresh squeezed orange juice or specialty coffee, for those who want those in addition, it's not bad. The OJ is about $4 a glass, so you can easily get your $20 worth.

Q. Why do you need to ensure that the Guest ordering on the SeaPass card is the card owner?

A. To ensure that the packages are being used correctly, we may ask each guest to show their SeaPass card and possibly their photo ID so we can ensure that only guests with a package are ordering the applicable drink. This will apply at all venues providing the package.

I guess you now have to carry your photo ID with you at all times instead of leaving everything locked away in the room safe

Hope Carnival follows RCI. I drink plenty in cruises but the wife may have only one or two drinks a day. Please please change it for only those who want the packages. Yes it will be a factor on our next cruise booking as we spend equal time on RCI & Carnival.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not to mention, RCCL trusts that you won't share, and Carnival does not.

Based on the bazillion posts I've read since the program started, with people documenting their methods to game the system and share drinks, I'm not sure Carnival is wrong with their lack of trust. Just saying.