So, do any lines besides Carnival offer good nightlife?

jaded99

DH and i just made Platinum with CCL and we have another cruise with them in Jan., but we agree that the last cruise was starting to feel a little "stale" (in terms of shows, food, activities, not people!) we're interested in trying out another line sometime soon.

I've talked to people on cruises who say that X or Y line they tried was good, but didn't have a nightlife, and everything closed by 10pm.

So, is there a cruise line besides Carnival that DOES offer fun nightlife stuff/cater to a 20's & 30's crowd? We like to have the option of being out and about on the ship mingling with people until 2 or 3 am. Doesn't have to be a dance club, piano bars and active bars/lounges are good too!

Edited by jaded99

DH and i just made Platinum with CCL and we have another cruise with them in Jan., but we agree that the last cruise was starting to feel a little "stale" (in terms of shows, food, activities, not people!) we're interested in trying out another line sometime soon.

I've talked to people on cruises who say that X or Y line they tried was good, but didn't have a nightlife, and everything closed by 10pm.

So, is there a cruise line besides Carnival that DOES offer fun nightlife stuff/cater to a 20's & 30's crowd? We like to have the option of being out and about on the ship mingling with people until 2 or 3 am. Doesn't have to be a dance club, piano bars and active bars/lounges are good too!

OMG....we just got off the Allure of the Seas and there was so much to do at night we had a hard time deciding what to do.

We just turned Platinum on Carnival this past April but we also love, love ,love Royal Caribbean!

So it sounds like RCCL is good as long as we pick one of the new ships! Good to know, as we had heard some RCCL cruises were early-to-bed, but those were older ships.

Not so. While Oasis / Allure have a couple of additional venues (Comedy Club / Jazz Club) the nightlife on all RCI ships is similar. There is plenty to do and places to go on every ship for late night activities. Over the past 21 years we have been on at least one - and in some cases several - ships in every RCI ship class and have never lacked for anything to do at night.

We have been on carnival and agree the nightlife is good and always has things going on late hours we are also in 20/30s . I would suggest royal Caribbean as find they also have this and are very comparable we have had many late nights in the piano bar singing along then been known to shape some moves in the nightclub we are heading back on RCI in April and hoping the nightlife will be as good as when we were last with them. :)

So it sounds like RCCL is good as long as we pick one of the new ships! Good to know, as we had heard some RCCL cruises were early-to-bed, but those were older ships.

Take a look at Oasis and Allure. There are too many night time options to even list here. Off hand, I can think of 6 different venues with live music and that doesn't even include the karaoke bar or Blaze nightclub.