Best Night for the Pinnacle

lormic2

I find that the International meal or whatever they call it, often on the last night of the cruise, is a good one to miss and go to the Pinnacle Grill. We have found nothing on that menu of real interest to us.

Totally agree! That menu is a stinker. I was excited to try that menu before I did. Now I try and make alternate plans that night.

Edited by lorekauf

Leaving on the Westerdam Dec 7. Does anyone know which meal is best to miss for the Pinnacle restaurant. I'm not sure for what meals are on what days.

We booked specialty restaurants ( PG, Tamarind,Canaletto ) on the :

First & last nights. That makes it 3 nights as we're on B2B.

Port nights with late departures ( heard from here these are not very good in terms of food at MDR)

Leaving on the Westerdam Dec 7. Does anyone know which meal is best to miss for the Pinnacle restaurant. I'm not sure for what meals are on what days.

In my experience, the first night meal in the MDR is prime rib. The first formal night is usually filet mignon. The second formal night is surf & turf (filet mignon and lobster). The last night is the International menu (See the link below and scroll down to Friday for the International Menu)

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=309

The easiest reservation for the PG is the first night with only 50% occupancy. It is also the night where casual attire is accepted since most have yet to unpack their suitcases.

The most difficult reservation for the PG is the final night. If you want the final night, purchase way in advance of your cruise

As others mentioned, what foods you like and dislike will play a part in deciding which meals to miss in the main dining room in favor of Pinnacle. Everyone's different. For example, I don't eat seafood, which is a primary menu staple in the main dining room on almost every night...some nights, the menu is 80% seafood related. So for me, I tend to look to those nights when seafood is most prominent - for me, the second formal night when surf & turf is the 'big meal' is usually great for Pinnacle for me.

We booked specialty restaurants ( PG, Tamarind,Canaletto ) on the :

First & last nights. That makes it 3 nights as we're on B2B.

Port nights with late departures ( heard from here these are not very good in terms of food at MDR)[/quote]

That's a new one on me. I always look forward to late port departures in the evening. The MDR is usually quieter and the staff seems more efficient. I'll have to pay more attention to the menu at those times.

Edited by Linda&Vern

That's a new one on me. I always look forward to late port departures in the evening. The MDR is usually quieter and the staff seems more efficient. I'll have to pay more attention to the menu at those times.

I love those quieter evenings. The food is good and it gives us some time to get to know our waitstaff. I believe there are many people who enjoy eating off the ship on those evenings.

Rachel

On our last HAL cruise (Holiday last Christmas) we ate every night in the Pinnacle. Same table and wait-staff. It was simply the best. Lovely atmosphere, no screaming children (or adults!) relaxing and great service!

We will do Norway in June and that will be the plan for that cruise as well. The MDR leaves MUCH to be desired and we find this plan to suit us best. As it is just the two of us we are happy to know we will have a nice expereince every night.

We alway enjoy the PG on embarkation day. It is less crowded, and due to the small crowds you receive extra attention from the staff.

Plan on dining at Pinnacle Grill on embarkation day. As a courtesy, should we inform the MDR staff that we will be at PG? I don't want them to think that we do not plan on returning the rest of the week.

We alway enjoy the PG on embarkation day. It is less crowded, and due to the small crowds you receive extra attention from the staff.

I am following this tip for our next cruise, with the additional stress in the MDR when everyone is backed up to be shown where their table is that first night as another posters reminded me. No problems getting a PG date at 8:00 departure night. Plus it is a good idea to check it out to see if one wants a repeat visit.

First I thought the International Menu was a nice switch, but now I too find it quite dreary, but we hate to miss the last night if we have had good waiters and want to say good by. But heaven protect us from another Baked Alaska parade and hyper-announcements from the CD.

Ahoy!

I do not know your cruise length but I would certainly not use the MDR on the 27th cruise day regardlesss of formal, or the so-called 'Elegant Casual', as advised by your itinerary.

Just add or multiply your sevens and divide or subtract your answers and you'll know where I'm coming from.

Seriously, it dosen't matter. Enjoy your cruise!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob

It sounds like the Menus are corporate across the fleet and being repeated each week.

Does this mean on B2B we will get a repeat in MDR?

We have been used to having no idea what the menu is until either the preceeding night or lunch time ready for that night. We usually like to eat in the MDR on Formal nights and believed there would be 4 (2 each week) and that all would fall on sea days, as a result of this we have booked some speciality restaurants. We have also usually eaten in the MDR on the first and last nights.

Now wondering if we have booked for the best nights.

Is there a link anywhere to the different menus and dates?

Many Thanks:confused:

I find that the International meal or whatever they call it, often on the last night of the cruise, is a good one to miss and go to the Pinnacle Grill. We have found nothing on that menu of real interest to us.

I'll second and triple that one. I used to like the last night but now we dine in the PG and I can say good bye to the stewards the night before :D